Is it Appropriate To Use 'We' When Talking About Your Favorite Team?

Vote

• Yes

Votes: 47 75.8%
  • No

Votes: 15 24.2%

• Total voters

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Interesting. When we tailgate, we're basically "bumming it" for a day. Drinking and cooking off a fire set inside a 55 gallon drum, but we use chicken instead of stray cats.
I would go to your tailgate.

I will bring the Osco Brand Vodka.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
ckdtqpiQPe2IjW6Fyb6fEsN4Q2ZZ38aF9qNpEXIx5GwrQimbXi6dvJpRP0ZKwf8iDFNJ

5880c39684ae439edc575704

PFM-%2312-Exterior.jpg

3c57a1f289061f08eae51bb58b545e84.jpg

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
nothing like retiring from the locking business

well, buenas dias, senor jose

why am I wearing no pants

Username

Liked Posts:
Funny thing. When the team is winning most use "we". When the team sucks, most use "them" or "they".
I just asked my friend if we fucked his wife last night. He took a swing at me.
I see we signed Mack to the biggest contract for a defensive player ever - yet I'm still able to afford food.
I went to the bank and tried getting a loan using Mack's salary as collateral because we signed him. I was refused.
I posted on social media that we shouldn't go after offense in the draft two years ago, but Pace picked the Biscuit. How what happened?

Stick to reality and stop sounding like an idiot. There is no we.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I support my local grocery store. I invest a lot of time and money there every week. I joyfully brag about the quality and superior pricing of their meats and produce to all my friends. I felt genuine heartache when I learned the owner suffered a heart attack and was hospitalized. The wife even bought him a 'Get Well' card.

I have never once said: "We really need to restock on grits already. It has been almost two weeks since we had any in stock."

do you wear clothing with the name of this store? Do you have other merchandise with the name of the store on it. Do you tailgate in the store parking lot. Awful comparison.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
do you wear clothing with the name of this store? Do you have other merchandise with the name of the store on it. Do you tailgate in the store parking lot. Awful comparison.
I do have a couple of reusable shopping bags with their logo on it. I use them almost everyday at several locations. It's fashionable, practical and environmentally sound.

How is that jersey working out for you?

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
You responded to my saying having an emotional investment in the Bears is leading to issues, so I asked the question. It seems pretty clear that you know where I'm going with my line of thinking.
What, are you afraid to saying what you think and feel? No need to guess at what your suggesting, just say it. The thread is seeking opinions like yours. Just lay it out there bare and naked. You're not the only one thinking and feeling it, go ahead and express it. It's an exploration of humanity, we appreciate it.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Funny thing. When the team is winning most use "we". When the team sucks, most use "them" or "they".
I see we signed Mack to the biggest contract for a defensive player ever - yet I'm still able to afford food.
I went to the bank and tried getting a loan using Mack's salary as collateral because we signed him. I was refused.
I posted on social media that we shouldn't go after offense in the draft two years ago, but Pace picked the Biscuit. How what happened?

And their should be no YOU on this message board...

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
What, are you afraid to saying what you think and feel? No need to guess at what your suggesting, just say it. The thread is seeking opinions like yours. Just lay it out there bare and naked. You're not the only one thinking and feeling it, go ahead and express it. It's an exploration of humanity, we appreciate it.

I'm pretty sure I've said it already: being "emotionally invested" in a professional sports team means that you probably need help.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I'm pretty sure I've said it already: being "emotionally invested" in a professional sports team means that you probably need help.

Being emotionally invested in a sports team is pretty normal.

Being emotionally invested in an internet message board while trying to pretend one isnt...thats pretty messed up...

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I try not to use 'we' when referring to the Bears but do slip up occasionally.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
You're still using innuendo... you're more literate than this. Lay it out plain, explain it like an educated man.

Why do people need psychological help if they are emotionally invested in a professional sports team?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
When you go to the polling station, do you stop people on your way out and tell them who you voted for and why?

I didn't think so.

Absolutely. I live in a republican state and there's always a bunch of right wing nut jobs asking me if I voted for their stupid sticker that I threw away.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

We don't care about your negativity.