1. SS
3. K
4. TE
5. RB
6. OG
7. OLB
8. Speed WR
9. P

-Replacing or re-signing Amos and Callahan is obviously tied for priority #1. I have about equal trust in Bush and McManis so again I think the needs are tied.
-With Howard coming back I would say the #2 TE is a bigger need that RB for the 2019 season. Long term it may be RB, but for next season on the field we cannot have a game where Shaheen is waddling around and Braunecker is our passing threat.
-The Bears need a RB that is better than Cunningham and Mizzell for next season and a starter in 2020.
-Depth behind Long will always be a priority. I think Witzmann would suffice for 2019, but a draft pick to provide another option would be okay.

2020 Future Needs

1. CB
2. OG/C
3. ILB
4. DE

-This is simply based on players that the Bears could need to replace. Prince [8] and Long [8] are likely cap casualties. Trevathan, RRH, and Bullard are free agents and could all not be back. I expect Whitehair to be back, but he is also a free agent.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Special Teams never was Windy's focus, kind of like the modern day Bears. WE need a kicker.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
2019 Needs

1. CB
1. SS
3. TE
4. RB
5. OG
6. OLB
7. Speed WR

-Replacing or re-signing Amos and Callahan is obviously tied for priority #1. I have about equal trust in Bush and McManis so again I think the needs are tied.
-With Howard coming back I would say the #2 TE is a bigger need that RB for the 2019 season. Long term it may be RB, but for next season on the field we cannot have a game where Shaheen is waddling around and Braunecker is our passing threat.
-The Bears need a RB that is better than Cunningham and Mizzell for next season and a starter in 2020.
-Depth behind Long will always be a priority. I think Witzmann would suffice for 2019, but a draft pick to provide another option would be okay.

2020 Future Needs

1. CB
2. OG/C
3. ILB
4. DE

-This is simply based on players that the Bears could need to replace. Prince [8] and Long [8] are likely cap casualties. Trevathan, RRH, and Bullard are free agents and could all not be back. I expect Whitehair to be back, but he is also a free agent.

I want to be very clear: I am no talent evaluator. At all. I cannot even play one on ESPN.

But to my mind, McManis' play at NB was a tad of a dropoff but not too much and NB has a lot more going on in coverage and tackling that the SS does. Next to Jackson, the SS role was fine with Amos and Bush - (I know Amos made boneheaded mistakes in the Philly game but imo I think that can be chalked up to the fact it was a one-and-done playoff game and he was trying to step up cause Jackson was still out. From now on if Jackson is out, Nagy needs to tell Amos "don't try to step up and be a hero. Just do your job as normal")

So I think I am leaning towards signing Amos and letting Callahan go even though I loved how Callahan played last year. McManis didn't do too bad in his place and Callahan has those injury concerns where Amos does not. jmo

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I need my kicker Free Agency/UDFA mock

gty-1063139376.jpg

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I know nothing about football or our current contracts, but pencil me in for kicker and offensive guard.

Don't want hear the offensive line scapegoat next year.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
I'd really like an upgrade from Long. Running lanes were non existent first half of the season. Secondary and OLB depth is definitely a top priority too.

1. Fix the Kicker
2. RG
3. Safety Depth
4. NB
5. RB depth
6. OLB depth
7. WR depth
8. TE depth
9. Corner depth
10. DE depth

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I guess part of this is what is people's faith in Deon Bush to take over at SS?

I thought he looked solid when in the line up, but I never focused on him.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers

He didn't stick out like a sore thumb, so that's a good thing. Let him battle it out with another young prospect and Pagano should get whoever plays looking good. That is, of course, if Amos walks.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He didn't stick out like a sore thumb, so that's a good thing. Let him battle it out with another young prospect and Pagano should get whoever plays looking good. That is, of course, if Amos walks.

I am going to be intrigued at how much they value Amos's consistency. He does not blow coverages, he is a very sound tackler, and he always seems to be in the right spot.

I wonder if they see him as allowing the other players to take more risks.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
1. CB
2. OG
3. TE
4. Kicker
5. Pass Rusher/ d-line preferably
6. Back up QB
7. CB / SS
and a OT somewhere in between any up top.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

He had a couple of costly penalties as I recall...he needs more experience, but might be our best option because of cap constraints.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I still ache from the loss of Mike Brown, career cut too short. Besides Plank and Fencik, he was the only bright spot we ever had at safety. The safety play over the later years here has been a mess and it finally got solid with amos and Jackson. I think you can keep amos for decent pay now, where Eddie Jackson is gonna get a mega deal somewhere if he can stay healthy. There will be no team friendly deals for him, he has been losing money since day one with where he was picked.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Amos is no mike brown but I would rather retain Amos then Callahan.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
1. K
2. RB
3. OLB
4. NB
5. SS
6. RG

By priority, I mean importance of brining in a FA or Draft, not a money amount.

- K - practically, we cut Parkey, so now we don't have one (except for Spacoli but I don't know if he's the real deal) so it's priority 1

- RB - Our Offense to lagging too far behind our Defense. If we're gonna make a SB run we have to fix this now. Missing a Hunt-type RB is huge! Nagy's offense needs a quick RB with enough size and power to shoot holes between the tackles and also catch well out of the backfield. Howard and Cohen don't cut it for 2019.

- OLB - Floyd's passrush was looking better at the close of 2018, but we only have Mack as our only good (he's great) passrusher. That's not good enough. We must have another good OLB passrusher. Especially considering Lloyd's injury history. Irving looked like he was getting pressure at the end of 2018, but was not getting home, he still needs a year of development to see if he can do OLB. And Fitts showed nothing yet. We require a sure thing FA like Wake, Suggs or at least a Lynch (though with his injury history, I want to do better). Our highest pick is a 3rd, that's probably not for sure enough for 2019; an OLB draft, if we get one, would be a prospect. Plus, I think we could only afford to draft one if Bears think we can stash Fitts on the PS. Not sure we want to carry 6 OLBs.

- NB - I'd rather keep Callahan than Amos, if we don't have money for both, seeing as we can play Bush or DHC. If we lose Calahan, I'd be looking to draft a NB, play McManis, Toliver and Joseph.

- SS - I'd like to resign Amos, but if we lose him I'd play Bush, DHC and draft a SS prospect.

- G - I don't know for sure, but I'm assuming we're not cutting Long, and we have Witzmann under contract, and Coward and Sowell, so were good there. Maybe draft a Guard.

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
The reason I would sign Amos before Callahan is because Callahan always... always... gets hurt. Unless Amos wants too much money to sign.

Bears need availble players