Bears release Cody Parkey

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think they will designate him as June 1st cut. Put the 1.5 million extra in 2020.

Horrendous contract. Desperation often leads you into big mistakes.

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
On a computer you should have a picture icon where you just post the link in.

On a phone, it's harder. I just put the link between image tags.

Ah, thanks

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
49's ain't franchising Gould... What good will a kicker be with Garrapolo will be out on IR by week 4?

No idea what the 49ers are doing but there's no way Gould returns here unless he's happy with the league minimum. Parkey's hit is already sizable...they won't add another big contract to that position.

Prison_Mike

Liked Posts:
I'll miss Parkey. The only thing I won't miss are his misses.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
shocking turn of events........

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
With reports on CCS that Parkey is involved in Jupiter, FL sex trafficking, the Bears may look to void and recover his guarantees. Maybe even get a redo on the FG attempt vs the Eagles.

greg23

Liked Posts:
49's ain't franchising Gould... What good will a kicker be with Garrapolo will be out on IR by week 4?

There's no way the 49ers AREN'T franchising him unless they sign him to a long term contract.

They have about 70 mil in cap space and cant spend it all so tagging him for 5ish mil next year is peanuts to them.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I think they will designate him as June 1st cut. Put the 1.5 million extra in 2020.

Horrendous contract. Desperation often leads you into big mistakes.

If only Pace had esp he could of seen the future and known Parkey wasn't cut out for the Chicago Bears. Hindsight is a mother fucker.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Some kickers coming out of college that we could replace Parkey with.

https://email.fansided.com/c/eJx1Tk...zuPjX_z1smc9vIs41ofvZMZLj8cFQqEXB1LiX9Ayv4XJI

The Chicago Bears are going to make the necessary decision to part ways with Cody Parkey.
The 2018 season ended in horrific, gut-wrenching fashion for the Chicago Bears. Hosting a playoff game at Soldier Field following an NFC North title and record of 12-4, the Bears fell to the Philadelphia Eagles.

Just when it looked as though Mitchell Trubisky had orchestrated a game-winning drive late in the fourth quarter, the game was lost due to something completely out of his control — a kick.

The leg behind that kick, now dubbed the “double-doink,” was the infamous Cody Parkey. Following the game, most fans wanted Parkey gone — and when I say most, I mean I didn’t see or hear a single opinion otherwise, from any Bears fan, anywhere.

That was Parkey’s 11th missed kick of the season, counting extra points and the playoffs. While video footage showed the kick was touched by the slightest stretch of a finger from defensive lineman Treyvon Hester, the damage was already done. Parkey had to go, period.

Good things come to those who wait six weeks.

Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet
The #Bears have decided to release K Cody Parkey at the start of the league year, sources say. A fresh start is welcomed by both parties, and the Pro Bowler will likely find work quickly. He’s still due $3.5M guaranteed on his 2019 contract.

5:47 PM - Feb 22, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
3,835 people are talking about this
March 13th will be the very last day in Chicago for Parkey, who will officially be released. It was a move everyone saw coming, even though the Bears eat a chunk of change in doing so. General manager Ryan Pace knows this team’s window to win is now, and letting it all slip away due to the kicking game would be foolish.

Pace isn’t taking any chances.

With Parkey set to leave town, now, who could come in and replace him? Lots of fans would love to see Robbie Gould back in the navy and orange — me included. But, the Bears will have options in the upcoming 2019 NFL Draft as well. Let’s take a look at just a few of the notable names in this year’s class.

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
49ers talking of franchising him just to spite us for Mack

I hope they don't FT Gould, I bet he would rather be playing for Chicago where he lives and retire a Bear. Can a player refuse the FT and test the market or no?

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I hope they don't FT Gould, I bet he would rather be playing for Chicago where he lives and retire a Bear. Can a player refuse the FT and test the market or no?

He can pull a Bell...refuse to sign it, and ask to be traded or sit out the year...

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If only Pace had esp he could of seen the future and known Parkey wasn't cut out for the Chicago Bears. Hindsight is a mother fucker.

He signed him. He accepts the repercussions.

If he is blameless for Parkey, then he he rewardleaa for Hicks and Mack.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Our long municipal nightmare is over.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

49ers will fine him if he doesn't

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Even if you don’t want to blame Pace for the Parkey evaluation, which I know is only a dabears thing, the contract is horrendous.

Teams don’t put guaranteed money into a 3rd year of a contract, unless a guy is a super high end player. Cody Parkey had almost as much 3rd year guaranteed money as Allen Robinson.

Brutal cap management on this deal.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
-------

Last edited:

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Even if you don’t want to blame Pace for the Parkey evaluation, which I know is only a dabears thing, the contract is horrendous.

Teams don’t put guaranteed money into a 3rd year of a contract, unless a guy is a super high end player. Cody Parkey had almost as much 3rd year guaranteed money as Allen Robinson.

While agreed a horrendous signing
...what are you talking about ?

Year Age Base Salary Prorated Bonus Roster Bonus Guaranteed Salary
2018 26 --$1,250,000 --$562,500 --$2,000,000 -- $3,250,000
2019 27 --$2,750,000 --$562,500 --$750,000 --3,500,000
2020 28 --$2,625,000 --$562,500 --$0 --$0

By the way AR has $0 guaranteed in yr 3 as well.

Last edited:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He signed him. He accepts the repercussions.

If he is blameless for Parkey, then he he rewardleaa for Hicks and Mack.

Who said he's blameless? I'm just saying it's a little funny that so many people with so much football knowledge don't even understand that when C.Parkey was signed by the Bears he was not a bad signing because he proved himself to be a good kicker in the NFL and that it's real easy for fans to look at things after the fact and say it was a bad signing, but unfortunately for GM's they can't do what fans can do. R.Pace gets the blame because that's just how it works but in real life he had no way at all to know Parkey would go from being a good kicker to a bad one the year he signed him.

True or not true?

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve blame because he does deserve some but i am saying that he can't see into the future and going off of what he and any of us knew Parkey was a good kicker. The blame i'd put on him is more to do with the money/contract then the player/kicker.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

They should fire Pace. He obviously doesn't know what he's doing right windy? I think Phil Emery is out there to replace him or we could bring JA back.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Bob McManaman

@azbobbymac
The Cardinals have K Zane Gonzalez under contract for next season at $645,000, but could they be interested in Cody Parkey, who is going to be released by the Bears? Parkey, 27, missed eight FGs last season, but is 99 for 118 in his career and is 7 of 9 from 50 yards and beyond.

3:52 PM - Feb 23, 2019

Chris Tomasson
@christomasson
It will be interesting to see if the Vikings make a run at kicker Cody Parkey after he is released from the Bears. He had a top season with Miami in 2017 when new Vikings special teams coordinator Marwan Maalouf was with the Dolphins.

3:34 AM - Feb 23, 2019