My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Announced today:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">ROSTER MOVES: Goaltender Corey Crawford has been activated from injured reserve and goaltender Collin Delia has been re-assigned to Rockford. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Blackhawks?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Blackhawks</a></p>— Chicago Blackhawks (@NHLBlackhawks) <a href="https://twitter.com/NHLBlackhawks/status/1100119750745735168?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 25, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hoping Dr. Craw is ready for the onslaught. If he's on and knocks off the rust he gives the team as good as a chance as any.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Heeeeeeeerrrrrreeeee weeeeeeeeee gooooooooooooo. Wonder how fast they use him.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Probably get alot of shots at the morning skate in anaheim and see how he feel before the game tomorrow.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No time for rust.
Ward as a rested back-up might be better.
This defense is shit.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Seabs gonna crank off one last bomb from the point in warmups.... remember when Seabs had that monster slapshot?

He will hit Crow in the head, rendering Crow comatose before he even sees another game.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, Crow ain’t enough.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
is there a strategy we can implement that would allow for us to play two goalies at once.

You are allowed 6 skaters at any time, but a second goalie is basically going to be a screen unless they just crunch their shoulders in and fill the net. At that point you dont need 9 million dollars worth of goalies.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Too little too late seems the obvious cliche here, and the Crow we have seen of late wouldn’t appear to be enough to salvage a dumpster fire D, but sometimes it ain’t about you. You know?

It’s the fact the Avs, Dallas, and Wild are not handling their business or in fact are they complete teams capable of finishing this race off.

My opinion is perhaps they left a hungry enough hawks team too close and Crow just needs to put a few games together.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Can we finally check the clock and pronounce this team, the lottery picks are looking finer by the day.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
At this point we are stuck in the middle, looking from outside at both the playoffs and marquee lottery. I didn’t want this but might as well try to sneak in for some poops and bubbles.

And no, Crow gets last call before we promounce them dead, see if he has a roll to get on or not. If he does Hawks will have freshest elite netminder in league.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
At this point we are stuck in the middle, looking from outside at both the playoffs and marquee lottery. I didn’t want this but might as well try to sneak in for some poops and bubbles.

And no, Crow gets last call before we promounce them dead, see if he has a roll to get on or not. If he does Hawks will have freshest elite netminder in league.
Crow could put in the finest performance of his career and I still wouldn't believe it will be anywhere near close enough with this defense.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Crow could put in the finest performance of his career and I still wouldn't believe it will be anywhere near close enough with this defense.

That was why I never gave Crow as much respect since he had such a stout defense in front of him. It all hinges on the trade of Hammer, which seemed un necessary at the time. They had enough room to keep him, just ended up with even money swap with Murphy. I guess he turned down a bridge deal, even though he resigned there for 5 per. Now the d sucks and he cant stop everything.

I dont like seeing crow play back to back games. Ward was 4-0-1 or 4-1 over his last starts, they should just stick with every other game, unless they are just hoping Crow gets concussed again and they get his 6 million on LTIR for next year.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
That was why I never gave Crow as much respect since he had such a stout defense in front of him. It all hinges on the trade of Hammer, which seemed un necessary at the time. They had enough room to keep him, just ended up with even money swap with Murphy. I guess he turned down a bridge deal, even though he resigned there for 5 per. Now the d sucks and he cant stop everything.

I dont like seeing crow play back to back games. Ward was 4-0-1 or 4-1 over his last starts, they should just stick with every other game, unless they are just hoping Crow gets concussed again and they get his 6 million on LTIR for next year.
No matter what Ward was, I still don't like seeing Crow get back to backs... Just not worth it on this team.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

You do realize the defense starting in the 2016 season, before they lost Hjammer, sucked more balls than Ex-senator Mark Foley, right? That was essentially the 1st year the the 'hawks had a worse overall defense since the 1980's, and it's just gotten worse from there.

Even 2015 D was a bit more porous than 2014 and before.

The problem with the D is that there is no easy fix. The team needs at least 2 top pairing players who can take over for Keith and Seabrook. That's a tall order. Neither of them can do it anymore since Father Time beats everyone into a bloody red smear. Going into FA? That's going to cost a metric shit-tonne--and would predicate moving an expensive contract which may not be possible near-term. The only relaistic solution is development from within, and that takes time.

As for Crawford, yeah, his worst year since 2012, even though the 2 straight concussions could have a parrt in that even though it's not unprecedented to have an elite goalie have an awesome year and then be bleh after. (King Henrik has had it happen, Price has had it happen, Holtby has had it happen, and so has Rinne). But even if Crawford was 100% we saw what was the deal last year--a defense almost as bad as this year's and he only held us at the playoff line playing the best the 'hawks have seen in net since Espo's 1972 year.

If the team needs that level of goaltending to just be at the line, the rot runs deep. Granted, the offense has been buoying the team this year, but even that has cooled off a bit.

I'm looking at this long-game. Much like the 2006 'hawks, it's going to take development from within since key high-price contracts are going to be hampering the 'hawks acquisitions if they can't be moved.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Crow! Crow! Crow! Crow! Crow!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope it is not lost how sensational Crow was in this desperate playoff push.

Wow. Took a 5 vs 3 to get a single goal and steal a point Sunday.

Took 50 minutes to steal the win Tuesday.

Crow did enough to pull off the miracle, but not enough quality depth to pull focus off Kane against determined opponents.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
this news has me sooooooppppuuuuummmmmpppppdt

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I hope it is not lost how sensational Crow was in this desperate playoff push.

Wow. Took a 5 vs 3 to get a single goal and steal a point Sunday.

Took 50 minutes to steal the win Tuesday.

Crow did enough to pull off the miracle, but not enough quality depth to pull focus off Kane against determined opponents.

it will still be lost since he cannot be trusted to make it thru a full season with the 6 million cap hit. Since his return he has given up 26 in 12 games, probably leads the league. But the past month the offensive minded forwards have played a huge role, Kane, Cat, Strome have all been stealing pucks with ease as the forwards are coming back chasing and helping out the D.

I half expected Krys to get a few games but he was sent straight to Rockford.

We know the problem, Keith, Seabrook and Crows money is a bigger issue than Kane or Toews money, but my guess is a bunch of small moves will continue to be made. Can you move Kane or Toews and get a franchise, or just Ottawa's first pick and Jack Hughes?