Bears meet with 4 RB's

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Has he? I've only seen anything about the one that happened at the end of this last season. He was plagued by injury all season, but man, that 2017 tape...

so he is the eddie jackson for us this year, passed by many due to injury history.

I know alot of us are gonna wish we had a back like Jordan Howard come december next year. Eventually interesting coaches become great coaches when they adjust to their great players qualities.

even after the eagles were decimated by the run the week after, the light bulb has still not lit on this one.

CNiel36

Liked Posts:
I would take Love if we are holding on to Howard as insurance. Ill take Williams if we are unloading Howard, but we will need to grab a FA like Ware to pair with Cohen/Williams.

ChiBears78

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
  2. Illinois State Redbirds
Take Love off the list because of previous injuries? Going by that logic, we never would have drafted Eddie Jackson... Bryce Love is the home run RB we need in this offense. Offense equivalent of Eddie Jackson a couple years ago. Keep Howard here for his last year on a rookie deal while Love gets healthy and integrated into the offense. He has a real shot at being a super star.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Take Love off the list because of previous injuries? Going by that logic, we never would have drafted Eddie Jackson... Bryce Love is the home run RB we need in this offense. Offense equivalent of Eddie Jackson a couple years ago. Keep Howard here for his last year on a rookie deal while Love gets healthy and integrated into the offense. He has a real shot at being a super star.
Love is small and injury prone, bears reporty like mark ingram.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
If the Bears can't find a deal they're willing to make for Howard and keep him for this season, a name I like late that we can "redshirt" is Rodney Anderson out of Oklahoma. Think he tore his ACL early this season, but before his injury I think he was a second rounder.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Have yet to really dig into any prospects since we don't have a first or 2nd rounder but Miles Sanders looks like an intriguing option. He's my favorite right now.
Agreed. I could see him fitting nicely in what Nagy does with the RB position.

jive

Liked Posts:
Bryce Love would be worth taking a late round flyer on. If he could overcome injury, he'd be the second coming of Chris Johnson.
Miles Sanders would be a safe pick. I could see him being productive in the NFL, and has low miles.
James Washington looks like a 3rd down/ST type of player. I'm not sure if he's a 10-15 touch guy, unless we wanted to go heavy passing.
Benny Snell seems to be like Jordan Howard: patient runner, good vision, power runner, lacking top end speed and shiftiness. Surprised that Bears are talking to him.

I think the best fit is Darrell Henderson if he's available. Home run capability and the ability to run downfield routes.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Bryce Love would be worth taking a late round flyer on. If he could overcome injury, he'd be the second coming of Chris Johnson.
Miles Sanders would be a safe pick. I could see him being productive in the NFL, and has low miles.
James Washington looks like a 3rd down/ST type of player. I'm not sure if he's a 10-15 touch guy, unless we wanted to go heavy passing.
Benny Snell seems to be like Jordan Howard: patient runner, good vision, power runner, lacking top end speed and shiftiness. Surprised that Bears are talking to him.

I think the best fit is Darrell Henderson if he's available. Home run capability and the ability to run downfield routes.

Chris Johnson's career wasnt that long

sphinxnole

Liked Posts:
I like Alex Barnes, KState, Jordan Howard with better hands..

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I like Alex Barnes, KState, Jordan Howard with better hands..

I think Nagy wants that guy that can not only catch but take it to the house which Howard isn't known for with any break away speed.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Family players usually suck ... Casey Urlacher ...

Minnesota drafted Eddie Payton, Walter's brother, to "haunt the Bears" but it ended up more like an episode of Casper for the Bears than the film Poltergeist.

And Jarrett Payton couldn't keep his starting job in college. The highlight of his NFL career is an invite to Bears training camp that was more nepotistic shoutout rather than serious tryout.

Just a reminder to all those who think DNA is relevant here in Sanders' case. It isn't. Or at least isn't highly relevant.

That said: TJ Watt is a beast pass rusher just like his brother

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Family players usually suck ... Casey Urlacher ...

Minnesota drafted Eddie Payton, Walter's brother, to "haunt the Bears" but it ended up more like an episode of Casper for the Bears than the film Poltergeist.

And Jarrett Payton couldn't keep his starting job in college. The highlight of his NFL career is an invite to Bears training camp that was more nepotistic shoutout rather than serious tryout.

Just a reminder to all those who think DNA is relevant here in Sanders' case. It isn't. Or at least isn't highly relevant.

That said: TJ Watt is a beast pass rusher just like his brother

That's Orange Bowl MVP, Jarrett Payton to you.

jarrett-payton-enjoys-his-moment-in-the-spotlight-after-accepting-the-picture-id97837126

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:

I'll have to double-check this, but I think Eddie Payton was the first player in NFL history to return a kick and a punt for TDs in the same game. That's about all I remember him doing, and also being on Walter Payton's "Football Brothers" Topps card.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll have to double-check this, but I think Eddie Payton was the first player in NFL history to return a kick and a punt for TDs in the same game. That's about all I remember him doing, and also being on Walter Payton's "Football Brothers" Topps card.

I still have that card...

Payton was brought into the league by Cleveland and bounced around for about 5 years in the league...i know he return a punt and a td in the same game...not sure if he was the first

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Love is small and injury prone, bears reporty like mark ingram.

I don't see signing a back effecting the draft, especially if they sign Ingram. It's not like they can go into the draft planning on finding a starter in the 3rd round. I'd say signing Ingram would put Bryce Love on the table as a high upside late round gamble.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Benny snell...running on defensive lines in the SEC is always impressive. Closest thing to an NFL dline a college rb can face

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
NFL Draft

@NFLDraft
.@FAU_Football RB Devin Singletary
(@motorsingletary) visiting #Bears after meeting with #Rams and #Cardinals.http://on.nfl.com/Wfvu4Z (via @ChaseGoodbread)

4:49 PM - Mar 13, 2019