OT - Ravens have the most Compensatory PICKS in historY

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Crazy, I don't even think the bears come close to making the list in any sort of meaningful way

If anyone has the Bear's number let me know

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/22/ravens-have-most-compensatory-picks-in-history/

The NFL has awarded compensatory picks since 1994. No team has more than the Ravens have all-time and by a wide margin.The Ravens have received 50 extra choices in history, which means losing more or better compensatory free agents (CFA) than it acquired the previous year based on a formula using salary, playing time and postseason honors.
The Cowboys and Packers tie for second with 42 all-time compensatory picks. The Patriots have 39, the Rams 36 and the Bengals 35.
The Saints have received the fewest — only 10 — in the history of compensatory picks, with the Browns ranking 31st with 13 and the Jets 30th with 14.

I mean, I guess it's middle of the pack because they aren't in LAST PLACE but still, need to start getting picks for losing good players, or just keep the good players and draft more good players.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Look at our gm history

Jerry Angelo- couldn’t draft for shit lived in free agency
Emery- free agency hunter
Pace- I like his draft history so far but the guy has lived in free agency also

Maybe now that we are good and can supplement talent losses in the draft this trend changes.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Look at our gm history

Jerry Angelo- couldn’t draft for shit lived in free agency
Emery- free agency hunter
Pace- I like his draft history so far but the guy has lived in free agency also

Maybe now that we are good and can supplement talent losses in the draft this trend changes.
srsly

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I'm not calming to know how it works, but if losing good players to free agency is a factor, I cannot remember the last good player that left in their prime and severely impacted the roster....Roosevelt Colvin?? LOL.

I mean, we've been a bad team, with bad players, and washed up vets.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not calming to know how it works, but if losing good players to free agency is a factor, I cannot remember the last good player that left in their prime and severely impacted the roster....Roosevelt Colvin?? LOL.

I mean, we've been a bad team, with bad players, and washed up vets.

Would YOU want to live in Baltimore?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Seems like this got the whole comp pick talk going. Another trendsetting #calledit from my ME!

Last edited:

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Ozzie Newsome was a badass.

LIBlue

Liked Posts:
The top five teams in Compensatory picks since 1994 have also won 50% of the Super Bowls in the same timeframe

Visionman

Liked Posts:
The top five teams in Compensatory picks since 1994 have also won 50% of the Super Bowls in the same timeframe

I wonder if thats slightly skewed by one particular team...

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
I wonder if thats slightly skewed by one particular team...

It is, but it's also easy to see why comp picks are an advantage.

Free Agent Signings/Re-signings of UFA are supposed be pretty zero-sum in that teams give up cap space roughly equivalent to the players contributions.

But with comp picks you basically get a pick for not spending that cap space which has value itself.

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
Bro...BMore is hell on earth. I used to go there all the time from Philly. One time took a wrong time at 3am. It was like the night of the walking dead.