New facility - perfect timing

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Currently a legitimate Super Bowl contender, with a creative and player-friendly head coach, and the best defense in 2018 will is opening a touted free agent friendly training facility in a year with limited cap. I believe this new facility is opening at the perfect time. The Bears have tight cap room and a small window of about 2 years to get a championship. Will top FA’s take a cap friendly contract to play in Chicago with all the positives in place?

The new facility that will open this summer:
-13,000 square foot indoor turf field with projection screen, virtual reality room and adjacent classrooms for learning and practicing plays
-Expanding the weight room by 2,000 square feet
-Doubling the size of the equipment room, recovery space, and nutrition and fuel station
-Building new locker rooms, players lounge
-Expanding coaches’ offices, position meeting rooms, and draft room
-Increasing by four times the hydrotherapy and sports medicine space
-Adding a rooftop garden

pfpnen7tzzppm8hlxlf5.jpg

halas%20hall%20enclosure%20completion5.ashx

https://www.chicagobears.com/news/bears-detail-significant-expansion-of-halas-hall-19789614

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I imagine most training facilities for NFL teams are pretty modern and above adequate. I doubt too many players will give up a a couple million a year for maybe a little better training facility. WHo knows though, but that it was I feel

KingInTheNorth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Where is the dance floor?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I imagine most training facilities for NFL teams are pretty modern and above adequate. I doubt too many players will give up a a couple million a year for maybe a little better training facility. WHo knows though, but that it was I feel

and if prices are close as they usually are? Big city, plus contender, plus great place to work.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
This team does NOT have a small window.

And the new facility isn't going to be a big drawing card...it just wont be a negative...

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This team does NOT have a small window.

And the new facility isn't going to be a big drawing card...it just wont be a negative...

The stereotypical "small window" everyone speaks of is in regard to having a young QB on his rookie deal that is still allowing the team to make personnel moves to improve the roster talent. It has nothing to do with the age of the team which is quite young yet also comes with its own headaches given that we are going to have to pay a bunch of these upcomers.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
If they plan on keeping TRU and paying him. It’s a small window.

If Trubisky plays up to a new contract, then we will be fine. If Tru is a legit franchise QB, we can move on from Mack, who will be at the end of his contract and heading to the downside of his career. If Trubisky isn't that QB, then we have a complete team for a new QB on another cheap deal.

Point being, the only way to contend isn't to have a QB on a rookie deal playing lights out. It just makes it easier...

Either way,

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I don't think that is true. Some places still don't have very nice facilities.

And I could see how food and recovery amenities would be a big deal for players.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why is OP suggesting bears only have 2 years? Is that cause Trubs rookie contract? Is he suggesting teams with veteran QBs don't win SBs?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyway, happy to see ownership investing in the team.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The stereotypical "small window" everyone speaks of is in regard to having a young QB on his rookie deal that is still allowing the team to make personnel moves to improve the roster talent. It has nothing to do with the age of the team which is quite young yet also comes with its own headaches given that we are going to have to pay a bunch of these upcomers.

Like NE? In this millenium, 2 QBs won it all on their rookie deals. Wilson and Flacco. That's a 12% level of importance.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Why is OP suggesting bears only have 2 years? Is that cause Trubs rookie contract? Is he suggesting teams with veteran QBs don't win SBs?

4 players not including TRU will account for 35% of the cap when TRU is due. It’s going to take a lot of luck and contract structuring to get talent to surround the QB and defense.

Pace knows that he is in a win now, not 5 years from now, to keep his job.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Like NE? In this millenium, 2 QBs won it all on their rookie deals. Wilson and Flacco. That's a 12% level of importance.

The main difference in NE is they never over spent for FA’s. They are a platoon team with the a GOAT QB and coach.

The Bears spent a ton on 5 players not named the QB. Including the highest payed defensive player in history.

I find it funny how people use NE as a rebuttal. There has never been an NFL franchise like them and we may never see another one but the uneducated use them as an example to make their theory a norm.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The main difference in NE is they never over spent for FA’s. They are a platoon team with the a GOAT QB and coach.

The Bears spent a ton on 5 players not named the QB. Including the highest payed defensive player in history.

I find it funny how people use NE as a rebuttal. There has never been an NFL franchise like them and we may never see another one but the uneducated use them as an example to make their theory a norm.
The NE part wasn't real and a gag. The rest (that you managed not to respond to) was the point. Very rare for a QB on a rookie deal to actually win a SB. Makes the whole window talk rather moot. Winning SBs is about having good, well coordinated players, not cheap ones.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
No shit that it's rare for QBs to win the super bowl on a rookie deal.

It's only been a few years since this rookie wage scale was even in place making it possible.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rise

Liked Posts:
Hell yeah thanks to this new facility we landed Buster Skrine! What a time to be alive!

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Currently a legitimate Super Bowl contender, with a creative and player-friendly head coach, and the best defense in 2018 will is opening a touted free agent friendly training facility in a year with limited cap. I believe this new facility is opening at the perfect time. The Bears have tight cap room and a small window of about 2 years to get a championship. Will top FA’s take a cap friendly contract to play in Chicago with all the positives in place?

The new facility that will open this summer:
-13,000 square foot indoor turf field with projection screen, virtual reality room and adjacent classrooms for learning and practicing plays
-Expanding the weight room by 2,000 square feet
-Doubling the size of the equipment room, recovery space, and nutrition and fuel station
-Building new locker rooms, players lounge
-Expanding coaches’ offices, position meeting rooms, and draft room
-Increasing by four times the hydrotherapy and sports medicine space
-Adding a rooftop garden

pfpnen7tzzppm8hlxlf5.jpg

halas%20hall%20enclosure%20completion5.ashx

https://www.chicagobears.com/news/bears-detail-significant-expansion-of-halas-hall-19789614

Per sources: this was the reason the Bears landed key FA targets and future HOFers Mike Davis and Buster Skrine.