Donator
Liked Posts:
man...the Browns offense about to be crazy once they sign Tyreek Hill

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We posted these responses together, so mine was before I saw #86.

It seems you ar esaying I, as an employer, must be forced to rehire a man who commits a crime as long as he is available to work. Is that accurate?

Or are you saying, the courts can jail him, and/or the Chiefs can cut him, but the NFL can't suspend him?

What? No. The NFL can do what they want. I am saying I would suspend him for a year rather than ban him for life. The question is what people consider fair. NFL ultimately can do what they want.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
giphy.gif

LMFAO, have to admit that GIF is funny.

Not bait. Just trying to debate. Not everything has to be combative.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
For what it’s worth, I don’t think the NFL has a mechanism in place for banning someone for life. The closest is giving them an indefinite suspension, which lasts for up to a year, after which the player can apply to be considered for reinstatement. I suppose the league could tell the player their application after a year will always be denied, essentially rendering it a lifetime ban.

Point being, whatever happens, I think Roger Goodell and the league office has to work within the current framework of the rules and bylaws. I don’t believe Goodell has unilateral authority to ban a player for life, and if he tried to issue such an edict, the players’ union would have something to say about it.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Jesus, first Hunt then Hill. Whats next? Is a video going to come out of Patrick Mahommes and Kelce punching a baby??
You forgot about the guy that killed his girlfriend and then himself right outside of the stadium (or headquarters?).

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Well yeah I dont see Hill having much job prospects outside the NFL.

A one year suspension seems like it gets the point across without totally fucking this kid's life up by having a broke ass Dad.

Unless you think Hill strikes you as a guy that saved for a rainy day.

Or should I not worry about the kid's future and just go along with the mob?
AAFL/CFL/XFL and a whole bunch of teams in other countries

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
For what it’s worth, I don’t think the NFL has a mechanism in place for banning someone for life. The closest is giving them an indefinite suspension, which lasts for up to a year, after which the player can apply to be considered for reinstatement. I suppose the league could tell the player their application after a year will always be denied, essentially rendering it a lifetime ban.

Point being, whatever happens, I think Roger Goodell and the league office has to work within the current framework of the rules and bylaws. I don’t believe Goodell has unilateral authority to ban a player for life, and if he tried to issue such an edict, the players’ union would have something to say about it.

https://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/photo/2017/08/11/0ap3000000828506.pdf

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the Kareem Hunt situation is any example, the Chiefs will move quickly to cut him, and Bears fans will pray that heir team signs him.

not all Bears fans

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
LMFAO, have to admit that GIF is funny.

Not bait. Just trying to debate. Not everything has to be combative.

Debate is combative

Toast88

Liked Posts:
A little update for you guys.

Tyreek Hill this morning put a video up on his YouTube page of him working out.

Each day that passes without Hill being charged, and now with this video, I fear the public is getting the wrong idea.

There are plenty of ways to read the tea leaves to come to a favorable opinion on what you want the outcome to be. For many of the national media, it means thinking that as time goes by, Hill is getting closer and closer to being out of the woods.

That's simply not true. We are at the same place now that we were the day after the news went national. By the time the case was forwarded from police to the prosecutor, the prosecutor had enough to charge. That doesn't necessarily mean he will. There's obviously a lot of things at play. The prosecutor had initially contemplated going ahead and charging early the next week, but ultimately decided to wait on the Kansas Department of Children and Family Services' investigation to have more meat and cross all 'i's and dot all 't's.

As you guys can imagine, state agencies, especially in Kansas, can take a long time to wrap up. At least weeks, potentially months. Now, in this particular case, I'm hearing that DCF is hoping to wrap up by April 14.

We'll see. Anything could happen, but I wanted to let you guys know that, in my belief, many of the national pundits are reading this situation all wrong. The three-week absence in this case isn't good or bad---It means the prosecutor is waiting on the state and also himself weighing ultimately what to do. Tyreek Hill has not been cleared. And he's not been charged. I personally believe Hill will be charged. I don't think the prosecutor would've considered charging in those first few days without the full DCF report if he ultimately was going to just pass after getting the full DCF report. But again, only he ultimately knows. It makes sense, though, for him to want some political cover in the form of the DCF findings. Now, as to what those findings might find---that's a whole other thing.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
so we aren't gonna sign him?

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I wonder what the disparity in Patrick Mahomes numbers are going to be from last year to this year. I heard a lot of people claiming his numbers wouldn't be so great w/o all the top tier weapons. I'm betting his stats don't take a monster dive.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Any updates?

He’s got another custody hearing this week. (He lost his kid at least temporarily to the girlfriend in a custody hearing a couple weeks ago.)

As far as the criminal investigation, I haven’t heard anything since. I had been hearing the prosecutor was trying to figure out a way to make it a misdemeanor only, not a felony.

It’s my belief he’s waiting on the DCF report first. But I have no further update on that front. Will let you guys know.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
TODAY

(RotoWire) Hill will be present Monday for the beginning of the Chiefs' voluntary offseason program, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports.

Analysis: Monday also marks exactly one month since the police investigation of two incidents at Hill's house became public knowledge. The 25-year-old wasn't listed as a suspect on the recent police report, but he was listed on an older report that was closed shortly after the investigation began. Chiefs coach Andy Reid acknowledged last month that the team has discussed potential responses for different outcomes from the ongoing investigation. Hill is entering the final season of his rookie contract.