Mack Restructure. Bears add 11 million in cap space

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:
Hmm. Must be a specifically-targeted Pace FA guy...like a Mike Glennon thing.

Do you date girls to see which one you want to marry? Or do you decide beforehand which one you want to marry, then date her?

Could be. But with the amount they're freeing up, it seems like they're getting ready to try to land a big fish. Otherwise they're clearing a lot of space in a very, very short time for no reason, which wouldn't make sense.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope it's Bell, if just for the "interest factor". One Mike Davis thread already gave me "Mike Davis Fatigue". CCS is simply incredible at times.

At some point in that thread Davis will be slated to be an all pro

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
Then why did we waste 3 mil per on Davis? Could have saved that money to sign Bell and the Pats kicker, then just drafted a Mike Davis type back.

That was around the time of day when Bell was posting "decisions". Could mean he hadn't decided yet and the Bears wanted to make sure they had someone. The Davis signing is meh to me either way, but I don't think it precludes Bell.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Could be. But with the amount they're freeing up, it seems like they're getting ready to try to land a big fish. Otherwise they're clearing a lot of space in a very, very short time for no reason, which wouldn't make sense.

Glennon was $15M.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Then why did we waste 3 mil per on Davis? Could have saved that money to sign Bell and the Pats kicker, then just drafted a Mike Davis type back.

Davis a tertiary backup.....I think he is decent enough, but he is nothing more than that. Would you rather see Davis or Mizzell?

Rise

Liked Posts:

Good question. I doubt it is bell they would then have what 18 million or so tied into rb? Maybe a little more even lol doubt it.

My guess is Houston and a safety like Gipson, maybe even a vet kicker. Could also be for Amos once Pace found out the Packers were about to sign him. He might have gotten emotional and matched it. Anything is possible at this point.

The Doctor

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
Whatever the bears announce is probably already decided. It sounds like the Bears were waiting for FA to start either because they are getting a player they had to wait to speak with or because they waited for a price to be set for Amos.

If you believe the rumors, signs point to Bell.
I think the signs are pointing to Thomas. Him and Jackson on the back end - Legion of Boom II

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Bell would have signed with the Jets yesterday if he was....He is mostly going to the Bears I believe....waited to get this done. mostly.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I sure hope the Jets sign Bell already. How can this team guarantee some 45 million dollars to a guy that sat out so he did not make 14 million dollars?

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
I hope it's Bell, if just for the "interest factor". One Mike Davis thread already gave me "Mike Davis Fatigue". CCS is simply incredible at times.
I've been absent, and come in for FA to check in. Am I in the minority of not really wanting to throw money at Bell? I see people pining for him everywhere on here. I don't think he fits what everyone kept saying Howard can't do in this system. He's a hell of a back, but... I just don't feel it.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
That was around the time of day when Bell was posting "decisions". Could mean he hadn't decided yet and the Bears wanted to make sure they had someone. The Davis signing is meh to me either way, but I don't think it precludes Bell.

Oh I see. I still don't thi k Mike Davis would have been signed by the weekend. It may not preclude Bell, but that 3 million could have went towards a Hall of Fame kicker for our 5 year window.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Give me Bell and Preston Smith. Let Bush team with Jackson.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I've been absent, and come in for FA to check in. Am I in the minority of not really wanting to throw money at Bell? I see people pining for him everywhere on here. I don't think he fits what everyone kept saying Howard can't do in this system. He's a hell of a back, but... I just don't feel it.

Is this serious? You don't think Bell can do what Howard can do?

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Is this serious? You don't think Bell can do what Howard can do?
How you got that from what I said is beyond me.

I'll try again. What does Bell bring to the table that Howard wasn't able to do, FOR that amount of money on top of it? I thought we wanted someone decisive and right to the hole. Someone who was a dual threat.

I know Bell is great, but he was behind a stellar line that consistently let him wait to cut into holes. Do we have that for him?

These are honest questions for my knowledge, so winge and throw apples if you'd like.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Or Mike Davis?

If Pace signs Bell, is that an admission that he completely screwed up by not signing Hunt?

If they sign Bell I think, for sanity sake, it will be ok to let go of the non-Hunt signing.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
How you got that from what I said is beyond me.

I'll try again. What does Bell bring to the table that Howard wasn't able to do, FOR that amount of money on top of it? I thought we wanted someone decisive and right to the hole. Someone who was a dual threat.

I know Bell is great, but he was behind a stellar line that consistently let him wait to cut into holes. Do we have that for him?

These are honest questions for my knowledge, so winge and throw apples if you'd like.

Bell is probably the best or second best receiving RB in the game. He can easily work out of the slot and even on the outside. He's a much better runner for this system than Howard, with much more stop-start ability and better speed. He's better than Howard by a long shot.

Bell has three seasons with more receiving yards than Howard has in his career.