dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Give me Justin Houston on a reasonable front-loaded 3 year deal and I will be a happy camper.

I just said in the free agency thread to give me J.Houston and S.Gostkowski and i'm pretty happy.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I just said in the free agency thread to give me J.Houston and S.Gostkowski and i'm pretty happy.

IF people actually cared about your posts they'd comment in the actual thread you made them in lol

gosh

imagine trying to tell people as if they actually care, about posts you made in other threads, in other threads

:bizarro:

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

have you even been following FA?? At all??

Riddle me this if so then, how exactly has dapace70 improved the team?

Signed some short kicker off the street.

He's losing DBs. He picked up TWO scrubs, one for offense and one for defense which offset any comp picks.

He's maneuvered contracts around and done ZILCH with the savings besides those two guys he signed yesterday.

What is your answer for this????

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Lastly, what is he going to do with the ELEVEN MILLION DOLLARS he freed up with Mack's contract restructure???? Because he hasn't used it to sign Bell yet....

I prefer reading Aussie script more than these font changes..

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Like I said, I'm not dogging Bell for doing what he did. But if they let go of Parkey partly because of his "me thing" interview on TV, it doesn't mesh. Bell is, of course, a much better talent than Parkey...that could carry much more weight.

I just don't see Bell's "me-first" attitude fitting with this locker room. He sat out an entire season over his contract...I'm not saying he isn't talented, or that he has a right to run his career the way he wants...I just don't see it as a fit personality-wise.

You say this like Pitt doesn't have anything to do with it. First Bell, then Brown, James ..... I'm not sure that Pitt isn't the "me-first" in this situation.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

have you even been following FA?? At all??

Riddle me this if so then, how exactly has dapace70 improved the team?

Signed some short kicker off the street.

He's losing DBs. He picked up TWO scrubs, one for offense and one for defense which offset any comp picks.

He's maneuvered contracts around and done ZILCH with the savings besides those two guys he signed yesterday.

What is your answer for this????

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Lastly, what is he going to do with the ELEVEN MILLION DOLLARS he freed up with Mack's contract restructure???? Because he hasn't used it to sign Bell yet....

Man, you sure like to follow me around ...... answer, call me when FA'cy is over!

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Man, you sure like to follow me around ...... answer, call me when FA'cy is over!

Replying to one post in one thread in one day in weeks or months is "following you around"

Okaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Thanks for the answer tho even if it's totally weak. Can u leave out the beta preface comment next time?

I'm just talking football with u on a medsageboard not trying to call u lm*aoooooooooooooooooooo

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There was no need to restructure today if you're simply rolling it over.

If you can simply roll everything over, it’s stupid not to do these restructures ASAP for ultimate cap flexibility. What’s the point in waiting?

darkvirage

Liked Posts:
You say this like Pitt doesn't have anything to do with it. First Bell, then Brown, James ..... I'm not sure that Pitt isn't the "me-first" in this situation.

That is a very fair point. Most likely we'll never know what really went down...it's all just speculation.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Wow, after the great season Pace had ... people still want to complain about him? Really? "Effort"? "Throwing money at Davis"? "Mistake not signing Hunt"? All I have to say is ........

At this point, Bell would be a huge signing for Pace. Pace would then have Bell, Davis, and Cohen as their RB's ... not bad at all. Then, Pace could add a draft pick as well by trading Howard.

These would all be great moves by Pace. Why you, and other posters, would criticize Pace just dumbfounds me.

I don't think I've ever seen a post with a shorter "shelf life". Yeah, don't worry about Kareem Hunt...Pace just signed Mike Davis, and once he signs Leveon Bell and trades Howard for a good draft pick, then the Bears backfield will be set. Too bad only one of those three things have actually happened!
Completely moronic.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
So was thia was a pointless restructuring, yes?

I guess how you classify the restructuring is dependent on how your brain functions. If its like msadows/TL1961, then you only restructure after you've signed somebody to fill that exact cap space. It's been my experience that sports teams restructure to free up cap space in order to sign potential free agents...they don't do it after they've already signed free agents. But I've only been following sports for a few decades, so I could be wrong.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess how you classify the restructuring is dependent on how your brain functions. If its like msadows/TL1961, then you only restructure after you've signed somebody to fill that exact cap space. It's been my experience that sports teams restructure to free up cap space in order to sign potential free agents...they don't do it after they've already signed free agents. But I've only been following sports for a few decades, so I could be wrong.

The last time I remember a similarly large restructure, if memory serves right, Jay reatructured his contract so that the Bears could sign Jared Allen. So there certainly is precedent for someone to believe that there normally is another shoe to drop.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
The last time I remember a similarly large restructure, if memory serves right, Jay reatructured his contract so that the Bears could sign Jared Allen. So there certainly is precedent for someone to believe that there normally is another shoe to drop.

HA HA HA! Is this serious? So the Bears signing Jared Allen disproves the fact that sports teams restructure contracts and free up cap space in order to sign potential free agents?

Yes. I agree. Sometimes when a team restructures a contract, they will use that cap space to sign a free agent. Brilliant stuff.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:

Exactly, while they may have a target FA in mind, it does not mean they are going to spend every dime that the restructuring has given them.

While FA opens officially today, there are several times between now and September that a player could become available, for example:
- Opening of Free agency, usually produces the big name players - not sure we will be a player this year.
- During the draft, not to often, but occasionally a player could be part of a trade
- After the Draft, players that cost a lot of money are replaced by young draft picks
- During preseason cuts, there is always a player that is a surprise availability.

Pace is making room so that he can have the flexibility in case an opportunity surfaces. I doubt we will make a splash with the $11M.
-

gilder121

Donator
Liked Posts:
Disproves? No, but ignoring precedent is moronic. After all, precedent is exactly what you're arguing as well whether you are too dense to realize it or not.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Exactly, while they may have a target FA in mind, it does not mean they are going to spend every dime that the restructuring has given them.

While FA opens officially today, there are several times between now and September that a player could become available, for example:
- Opening of Free agency, usually produces the big name players - not sure we will be a player this year.
- During the draft, not to often, but occasionally a player could be part of a trade
- After the Draft, players that cost a lot of money are replaced by young draft picks
- During preseason cuts, there is always a player that is a surprise availability.

Pace is making room so that he can have the flexibility in case an opportunity surfaces. I doubt we will make a splash with the $11M.
-

giphy.gif

gilder121

Donator
Liked Posts:

-

Yeah, I have no problem with flexibility given the current cap carry forward provisions. That move just initially felt pretty aggressive for a flexibility restructure. Most of the restructures that I've seen that are strictly for flexibility free up closer to $3 million, not 11.

Ultimately there wasn't even anyone that I especially wanted in FA. While I share some of the concerns that the talent level around Mitch will likely be worse this year, the restructure has no apparent negative consequences assuming the Bears won't use the cap space solely because it's available to them.