Best of the new signings. Who ya got?

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like the Patterson pickup. Not that i think he will be a star but i think Nagy will bring him in at the right times. Even if just to free up someone else.

Get him in space and he can break a big one every time. Defenses have to account for him like they do Cohen. Could be exciting.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Davis is a Mizzel Cunningham replacement, not a Howard replacement

I disagree if they draft someone relatively high. Davis is probably good enough and a better scheme fit that between him and a rookie they can split what Howard does.

Patterson will get carries as well. He averaged an unreal 5.6 ypc for the Patriots.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Patterson is the best signing so far.

He fixes a massive issues on special teams and adds another dimension to the offense.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I disagree if they draft someone relatively high. Davis is probably good enough and a better scheme fit that between him and a rookie they can split what Howard does.

Patterson will get carries as well. He averaged an unreal 5.6 ypc for the Patriots.

Davis has run over 500 yards once in his career. I think you would be an idiot to turn over the lionshare of the running duties to him and some unknown running back.

Remember when we had a conversation about having Sowell and some un-named rookie compete for the RT position? I think this is a little like that.

I will be the first to admit I am wrong if the push Davis as the starter, but I will also be the first to say that they are being foolish...

This whole Howard is being traded was started by La Canfora....remember that

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Davis has run over 500 yards once in his career. I think you would be an idiot to turn over the lionshare of the running duties to him and some unknown running back.

Remember when we had a conversation about having Sowell and some un-named rookie compete for the RT position? I think this is a little like that.

I will be the first to admit I am wrong if the push Davis as the starter, but I will also be the first to say that they are being foolish...

This whole Howard is being traded was started by La Canfora....remember that

And then echoed by Schefter and some of the beat guys.

What Davis has done in the past is not really an indicator of what he will do this season. There is so many situational factors that play into that. I do not think that if they have 2 RBs [Davis, Draft Pick] that they feel good about they will keep Howard around.

Howard
Davis
Draft Pick
Patterson
Cohen

I do not see how Howard would get enough carries there for it to be worth keeping him. All 5 of those guys will touch the ball.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Patterson for me...

I have to admit I was incredibly high on him coming out of Tennessee and I’ve always felt if properly utilized he’d be a hell of a weapon.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Patterson for me...

I have to admit I was incredibly high on him coming out of Tennessee and I’ve always felt if properly utilized he’d be a hell of a weapon.

If we can get what NE did last season from him he is easily worth the 5 million.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
And then echoed by Schefter and some of the beat guys.

What Davis has done in the past is not really an indicator of what he will do this season. There is so many situational factors that play into that. I do not think that if they have 2 RBs [Davis, Draft Pick] that they feel good about they will keep Howard around.

Howard
Davis
Draft Pick
Patterson
Cohen

I do not see how Howard would get enough carries there for it to be worth keeping him. All 5 of those guys will touch the ball.

what was spewed back out was the Bears are listening to offers not that they were shopping him.

If the Bears really wanted to get better at RB then Bell would have been the solution and the Bears made no move at all for him.

I believe you are trying to justify and over-think this.

Yes Patterson will have rushes, but he will probably draw them from Gabriel not as much from Howard. You can put Patterson in motion for a potential running play and then draw Gabriel down the field. Having Gabriel run put no downfield pressure on the DBs.

If you try and turn Davis into a load back and hope some un-named 3rd string RB will automatically step up, you are taking a ridiculous risk in your running game and banking on 2 question marks as opposed to having Howard, a healthy known, productive quantity.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
what was spewed back out was the Bears are listening to offers not that they were shopping him.

If the Bears really wanted to get better at RB then Bell would have been the solution and the Bears made no move at all for him.

I believe you are trying to justify and over-think this.

Yes Patterson will have rushes, but he will probably draw them from Gabriel not as much from Howard. You can put Patterson in motion for a potential running play and then draw Gabriel down the field. Having Gabriel run put no downfield pressure on the DBs.

If you try and turn Davis into a load back and hope some un-named 3rd string RB will automatically step up, you are taking a ridiculous risk in your running game and banking on 2 question marks as opposed to having Howard, a healthy known, productive quantity.

Gabriel had 9 rushes last season, how many can he draw? 0 from the backfield.

Patterson had 42 last season, most from the backfield, and was super productive with them.

Howard is a known-somewhat productive quantity.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Bears had 463 rushing attempts last season

Howard:
Davis:
Draft Pick:
Cohen: 100
Patterson: 40
Gabriel: 9
Miller: 6

You have 308 to split between 3 guys, assuming as many of us do that they draft a RB.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I like the Davis signing so far. He didn’t break the bank. He isn’t over the hill. And doesn’t have crazy wear and tear on him. He beat out a first rounder for playing time

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gabriel had 9 rushes last season, how many can he draw? 0 from the backfield.

Patterson had 42 last season, most from the backfield, and was super productive with them.

Howard is a known-somewhat productive quantity.

When you look at Howard vs Davis the overall production is not even remotely close.

I don't know how you think Davis will automatically be able to step up and be a full time starter when he had one year where he averaged more than 10 carries a game. And in that season he played less than half the games.

Nothing on paper says Davis can turn into a full time starter.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
this is why you shouldn't make predictions

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Hahahaha too funny and so true. :troll:

Damn it Adi, keep being a leader and not a follower.

Still love ya for your all-22's.

Are you just in here to pound your chest like a monkey and derail threads?

I mean it is all that you do. So it must be what you intend to do.

Edit: Oh wait, I forgot that you like to try to steal money from people in your spare time as well.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Are you just in here to pound your chest like a monkey and derail threads?

I mean it is all that you do. So it must be what you intend to do.

Edit: Oh wait, I forgot that you like to try to steal money from people in your spare time as well.

If he hasn't started the football discussion, then nobody gets to have it.