Why sign other team's injury prone OLBs when Bears can just re-up Aaron Lynch???

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Lynch - great rotational guy. Plays hard. Gets pressures.

Houston - injuries and expensive

Ansah - same, and just coming off shoulder injury

Lynch gels nicely with the current group of guys. Houston and Ansah not so much (they play on other teams)

You wouldn't even get comp picks by signing other guys. Makes sense just to keep Lynch, no?????

Looking to READ other people's opinions on this because I see a lot of posters clamoring to sign other guys but the Bears need SECONDARY help and a KICKER.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
you mean why not sign our own injury prone OLB's?

Irving and Fitts deserve to get a shot. There will be plenty of cap casualties before the season begins after camp, when you see who make it out healthy.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
People think for whatever reason that lynch is going to get a long term deal while Houston and ansah will come on one or two year cheap deals

Reality is only way you get these guys on a discount is if they are still available a couple weeks from now. All players are looking for long term deals. The bargains won’t come in day 3 of free agency

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Like Callahan and Amos this is a Fangs project roll player, move on with Pagano preferred traits for the nuances of new system.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I think the worry with Lynch was cost/length of contract demands/Injuries.

I have zero idea what his market is looking like, but we haven't heard a word about him in any news that I am aware of. Perhaps the Bears can get him back on another one or two year reasonable deal.

Does his injuries last year affect his ability to find the longer contract I am sure he wants?