Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Yeah, Davis is the move to question instead of Patterson. That being said, it's clear that the Bears have their eye on drafting a RB and always have. Davis is the type of guy on the type of contract that won't make a big stink if he's coming off the bench nor will he embarrass the team if he has to start for a prolonged period of time.

IMO, it is not "clear" the Bears are eyeing drafting a RB. they have plenty of RBs currently and lack draft picks. If anything, the position seems filled and they can focus their attention elsewhere.
Howard
Cohen
Davis
New trick boy
Mizzell

I'll take a safety please Alex!

Visionman

Liked Posts:
IMO, it is not "clear" the Bears are eyeing drafting a RB. they have plenty of RBs currently and lack draft picks. If anything, the position seems filled and they can focus their attention elsewhere.
Howard
Cohen
Davis
New trick boy
Mizzell

I'll take a safety please Alex!

Definitely can't go into the draft NEEDING a Safety. We need to sign at least 1 soon...

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Looks like all the Howard trade stuff was pure BS

I don't think so. As I've said before, you can trade Howard at the draft when you know a guy you like is there. He can be traded to move up in a round or just for a pick to a team that didn't get their guy, or just likes Howard.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Move around where?

I think they'll package Howard and their 3rd for a higher 3rd. Or maybe Howard and a 2020 pick. Or just Howard straight up for a pick. I wouldn't be surprised if the Bears already have a tentative deal in place.

"We have a couple players in mind, if they are there in the 3rd, we'll give you Howard and 87 for your pick. If not, we'll do for a 4th and 6th" or something like that.

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears will go the route of drafting a young RB. The RB draft class is deep this year.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think they'll package Howard and their 3rd for a higher 3rd. Or maybe Howard and a 2020 pick. Or just Howard straight up for a pick. I wouldn't be surprised if the Bears already have a tentative deal in place.

"We have a couple players in mind, if they are there in the 3rd, we'll give you Howard and 87 for your pick. If not, we'll do for a 4th and 6th" or something like that.

I know they could do it. But I think there were a few options in free agency they could have pursued and the Bears didn’t lift a finger.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I know they could do it. But I think there were a few options in free agency they could have pursued and the Bears didn’t lift a finger.

We signed a RB. We just didnt sign the RB YOU may have preferred.

Big difference...

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
It's pretty apparent that Pace and Nagy are punting this season.

reggie_love

Liked Posts:
this guy was way overhyped...not surprised he didnt get very much

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
So then it's just a Special person statement? Or do you possess some kind of psychic powers that allow you to draw such conclusions 7 hours into the off-season?

So have we just defaulted back to assuming we know more then the Bears decision makers about personnel moves? I trust that Nagy knows what he wants from a running back.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I’m surprised the Bears are paying Patterson the same annual salary that Coleman and Ingram got. Really surprised.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Good signing for the 49ers. Bears got fleeced.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I’m surprised the Bears are paying Patterson the same annual salary that Coleman and Ingram got. Really surprised.

Maybe all the rumors that they don’t want Howard is just bullshit click bait rumors. If the plan is keep Howard this season is makes total sense not being in on bell/Coleman. Or maybe they figure Coleman or ingrim would just be more expensive side ways options to Howard?

I think the main flaw in our thinking is the media has it stuck in our heads that bears want to move on from Howard