2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
We blew this one. Coleman would have been a great fit for this team and damn, could have had him for the same price as Patterson

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
thanks. I would post this in the free agency tracker thread but it has already been posted!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
We blew this one. Coleman would have been a great fit for this team and damn, could have had him for the same price as Patterson

Does he return kicks? No.

Is he significantly better than what we have already? No.

Do we need 17 RB's? No.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I personally would’ve liked for them to make the deal. But it’s clear the Bears really didn’t want him, so it’d be hard for me to say they missed out on him.

dafridge72

Liked Posts:
Wonder if they will cut McKinnon ......could be a free grab lol

napo55

Liked Posts:
Tevin Coleman averaged 4.8 ypc rushing last year and 8.6 yards per pass reception.

Patterson averaged 5.4 ypc and 11.8 ypr.

So why would you think Coleman is the superior player?

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Tevin Coleman averaged 4.8 ypc rushing last year and 8.6 yards per pass reception.

Patterson averaged 5.4 ypc and 11.8 ypr.

So why would you think Coleman is the superior player?

This is a stretch bro. Coleman obviously touched the ball much more, and there's a such thing as diminishing returns. It's like saying Hicks is a better RB than Cohen because he scored a TD on 100% of his carries. Going to assume it's sarcasm though,

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
This is a stretch bro. Coleman obviously touched the ball much more, and there's a such thing as diminishing returns. It's like saying Hicks is a better RB than Cohen because he scored a TD on 100% of his carries. Going to assume it's sarcasm though,
Cohen has that TD pass...
I challenge napo55 to find more accurate,clutch QB than Cohen

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Pace and Nagy signed the RB they thought was the best fit for our offense. This or Bell were NEVER never going to happen after that.

Deal with it...

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Pace and Nagy signed the RB they thought was the best fit for our offense. This or Bell were NEVER never going to happen after that.

Deal with it...

Cry about it

napo55

Liked Posts:

Even putting aside his status as one of the top KR returners (clearly a team need), Patterson seems to be a superior receiver and when given the opportunity, rushed for a better average. He also caught 75% of passes thrown to him for a better average yards per reception compared to Coleman's 72.7% catch reception. So despite your sarcastic response, i repeat my fair question: why would you rate Coleman as a superior player?

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Even putting aside his status as one of the top KR returners (clearly a team need), Patterson seems to be a superior receiver and when given the opportunity, rushed for a better average. He also caught 75% of passes thrown to him for a better average yards per reception compared to Coleman's 72.7% catch reception. So despite your sarcastic response, i repeat my fair question: why would you rate Coleman as a superior player?
1. I don't think you know what sarcasm is.
2. You can't seriously compare the touch totals. Because you know what would happen the more you give Patterson the ball? His average would go down (as evidenced by his lower than career average per carry with a career high 42 carries).
3. The reason Coleman has more touches is....... Get this....... He's a better player.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

napo55

Liked Posts:
1. I don't think you know what sarcasm is.
2. You can't seriously compare the touch totals. Because you know what would happen the more you give Patterson the ball? His average would go down (as evidenced by his lower than career average per carry with a career high 42 carries).
3. The reason Coleman has more touches is....... Get this....... He's a better player.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

OK, you don't want to answer the question. No problem. I'd say Patterson has more upside and is capable of explosive plays. Not so with Coleman. Let's see how things work out for both players.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
For less than a mill extra, I would have liked to have seen Coleman, Cohen and draft pick over Howard, Cohen and Davis.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Actually, I would have just paid him instead of Davis.

Yeah, Davis is the move to question instead of Patterson. That being said, it's clear that the Bears have their eye on drafting a RB and always have. Davis is the type of guy on the type of contract that won't make a big stink if he's coming off the bench nor will he embarrass the team if he has to start for a prolonged period of time.