Bears meet with HaHa Clinton-Dix

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don’t let him leave the building Pacey!! 1st round talent for depth guys. Upgrade. Turnovers. New nfl coverages. Get it done Jackson.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Also an upgrade from Amos.

Aaron Leming

@AaronLemingNFL
Pending price, I think Ha Ha Clinton-Dix would be a nice fit with the #Bears.

Slight down grade from Amos but you get different things from him & coverage is one of them.

8:09 PM - Mar 13, 2019

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...visiting-chicago-amid-redskins-contract-talks

Clinton-Dix likely won't be able to fully replace Amos in the lineup, but his production and experience could make him a valued addition if he comes at a discount.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Aaron Leming

@AaronLemingNFL
Pending price, I think Ha Ha Clinton-Dix would be a nice fit with the #Bears.

Slight down grade from Amos but you get different things from him & coverage is one of them.

8:09 PM - Mar 13, 2019

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...visiting-chicago-amid-redskins-contract-talks

Clinton-Dix likely won't be able to fully replace Amos in the lineup, but his production and experience could make him a valued addition if he comes at a discount.

If Fangio's defense was still in place, I'd agree. But this Will be Pagano's defense, and he obviously wants different things from his Safeties...

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Always liked him. At a discount, sure.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I'm just happy to see we're doing something with a significant name at a needed position. So even if we can't get HaHa then i still know that Pace is trying to replace Amos and not just go in house and trying to replace him with a legit name.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The problem is that neither Dix nor Eddie Jackson can tackle. As a safety, that's kind of a problem. I don't like the pairing all that much.

LOL, Ha-ha sux Dix.

[video]https://www.detroitlions.com/video/highlight-golladay-sends-clinton-dix-to-turf-on-insane-60-yard-catch-and-run[/video]

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I'm just happy to see we're doing something with a significant name at a needed position. So even if we can't get HaHa then i still know that Pace is trying to replace Amos and not just go in house and trying to replace him with a legit name.

Yeah, because name is everything....NOT.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Asking a safety to save a defense is cruel as they are the 8th or 9th in his case (FS) biggest guy on defense. You can’t say who HaHa is because you havent seen him in a good defense. Amos we have seen in both good and bad.

Haha doesn’t have to be a first round savior on the bears...just line people up and play center field, make plays.

If Pagano could add a NT in the draft and a small school hand picked safety with tools I think D is reqdy to roll..but I would still call Ansah and Houston.

Again..they aren’t asked to be the man here. They could just do their thing and focus on returning to themselves in a rotation.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
He is as durable as they come. He’s never missed a NFL game. For a guy “that can’t tackle” he has a shitload of tackles and he can definitely play the ball in the air. I think he would be revitalized playing next to another former Bama Safety in Jackson. I’m willing to bet that behind the Bears’ front 7, he’s more impactful than Amos.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't get it, after the Mack Restructure, why didn't they just resign Amos and Callahan? Anyone thinking Buster and Ha Ha is an upgrade needs to put down the crack pipe. Heaven help you if Prince (30 years old in June) goes down to injury.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
HHCD is more inconsistent than Amos but has the ability to make some turnovers. In this defense, he would be a decent addition. Frankly he would not in the top half of our defensive player starters. Sort of an afterthought.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Would be a good signing for sure most likely cheaper than Amos.
NFLnetwork is showing Ha-Ha meeting with Bears today and tomorrow, so Ha-Ha probably isn't leaving Halas Hall without signing.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I don't get it, after the Mack Restructure, why didn't they just resign Amos and Callahan? Anyone thinking Buster and Ha Ha is an upgrade needs to put down the crack pipe. Heaven help you if Prince (30 years old in June) goes down to injury.

It’s out there that the Bears love Callahan as a person and player but absolutely hate his medical history. Hell, Jason Verrett is a much better player than Callahan but he absolutely can’t stay healthy. Availability matters!

If you don’t think Ha Ha with his ball skills, behind this front 7 can’t be as impactful as Amos, you need to put down the crack pipe.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
He underperformed with the Redskins so his value is low it would be a cheap one year prove it deal.

Didn't really like the comment in the op about Bama people ......

But I agree with you here. I started to get excited when Pace started clearing up cap money. But surprisingly, Pace seems to more inclined to plug holes and target positions with quantity. I also think he signed CP as a luxury player, which makes sense for the first time for the Bears in a while.

Ha Ha, if actually considered by the Bears, would be just that ... a 1 year 'prove it' deal to throw another player at the S position.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Didn't really like the comment in the op about Bama people ......

But I agree with you here. I started to get excited when Pace started clearing up cap money. But surprisingly, Pace seems to more inclined to plug holes and target positions with quantity. I also think he signed CP as a luxury player, which makes sense for the first time for the Bears in a while.

Ha Ha, if actually considered by the Bears, would be just that ... a 1 year 'prove it' deal to throw another player at the S position.

University of Alabama denied my entry so they can go straight to hell.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Depending on the terms I’d be very excited about this.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
The problem is that neither Dix nor Eddie Jackson can tackle. As a safety, that's kind of a problem. I don't like the pairing all that much.

I don't think you watched EJax if you think he can't tackle.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Id take this. Even more so if there was a discount which has to be the case.