Bears meet with HaHa Clinton-Dix

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
He is as durable as they come. He’s never missed a NFL game. For a guy “that can’t tackle” he has a shitload of tackles and he can definitely play the ball in the air. I think he would be revitalized playing next to another former Bama Safety in Jackson. I’m willing to bet that behind the Bears’ front 7, he’s more impactful than Amos.

No idea where this HHCD can't tackle thing came from. He was very good for Washington last season.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It’s out there that the Bears love Callahan as a person and player but absolutely hate his medical history. Hell, Jason Verrett is a much better player than Callahan but he absolutely can’t stay healthy. Availability matters!

If you don’t think Ha Ha with his ball skills, behind this front 7 can’t be as impactful as Amos, you need to put down the crack pipe.

The ball skills that got him traded from the packers for a lowly 4th? Those ball skills? Sorry, I prefer Safeties that can tackle.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
I don't get it, after the Mack Restructure, why didn't they just resign Amos and Callahan? Anyone thinking Buster and Ha Ha is an upgrade needs to put down the crack pipe. Heaven help you if Prince (30 years old in June) goes down to injury.

PACE ,Nagy and Pagano do not feel the same.

Another backup CB would be nice.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
He is as durable as they come. He’s never missed a NFL game. For a guy “that can’t tackle” he has a shitload of tackles and he can definitely play the ball in the air. I think he would be revitalized playing next to another former Bama Safety in Jackson. I’m willing to bet that behind the Bears’ front 7, he’s more impactful than Amos.

Exactly. Nice post. Not sure why the majority of fans don't realize this kind of stuff?

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
I don't get it, after the Mack Restructure, why didn't they just resign Amos and Callahan? Anyone thinking Buster and Ha Ha is an upgrade needs to put down the crack pipe. Heaven help you if Prince (30 years old in June) goes down to injury.

I'd say that Pace wants to address more than two positions with his money. :shrug:

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Id take this. Even more so if there was a discount which has to be the case.

Except he won't and he isn't going to take any "one year prove it" deals. I bet he signs for just under what Amos got, and the difference will be insignificant (1.5 mill a year difference max). He gets more turnovers because he takes more risks, he also gets burned more than Amos, and yes, his tackling is suspect.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Exactly.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Except he won't and he isn't going to take any "one year prove it" deals. I bet he signs for just under what Amos got, and the difference will be insignificant (1.5 mill a year difference max). He gets more turnovers because he takes more risks, he also gets burned more than Amos, and yes, his tackling is suspect.

News flash: Nagy/Pagano may not prefer the same type of players as Fox/Fangio...

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Guy named Tolliver would play outside. Badass UDFA with first day talent.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Why not just bring back Amos if that's the case? unless Pace really doesn't like Amos.

46FEVER

Liked Posts:
I hope this signing happens. Really opens up our coverage options and we have another deep safety when Jackson blitzes, which he has proven to be very good at.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
HAHa > Amos everywhere but PFF and the hearts of ccs zombies.apparrntly in Green Bay.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
That is a HC/DC decision.

Ryan Pace has full control of the roster and personnel matters but I'm sure Nagy and the other coaches have input.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can we pay him 1$ more than Amos got?

Come on Pace, show a little troll in you and stick this one to them.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Ryan Pace has full control of the roster and personnel matters but I'm sure Nagy and the other coaches have input.

Not sure you understand how this NFL thing actually works....yikes. Of course the coach's have input. It is their scheme, and they need the right players to run that scheme.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Not sure you understand how this NFL thing actually works....yikes. Of course the coach's have input. It is their scheme, and they need the right players to run that scheme.

It differs from team to team but...

Head Coaches control who plays and who doesn't and how his depth chart will look also call the plays.

GM drafts talent, signs free agents and controls who they sign and re-sign.