Bears meet with HaHa Clinton-Dix

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Ha Ha can be a great player. His problem has been consistency. Maybe a switch to SS would serve him well.

Damnit, Spartan likes him. That means he sucks

Viciousjay

Liked Posts:
Bears add Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 14, 2019, 3:23 PM EDT

Getty Images
The NFL’s No. 1 pass defense last year is adding some depth to the secondary.

The Bears are signing safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix to a one-year contract, NFL Network is reporting.

Last year Clinton-Dix started the first seven games of the season in Green Bay, then was traded to Washington, where he started nine more games. It was his fourth consecutive season starting all 16 games.

Clinton-Dix has struggled in coverage at times but has also had some bright spots, and he fills a need for a Bears team that lost Adrian Amos in free agency. Clinton-Dix was the No. 64 player in our Free Agent Top 100.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Ok, and I am saying the two will end up with comparably close contracts, in which case the Bears made a bad decision.

3.5 mil one year vs 9.5 mil over 4 years

Has your opinion changed? Amos isn’t three times the player. I do believe he is better but the contract difference makes this a big win and opens the door to some solid depth signings

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL. He could rupture his Achilles at the press conference announcing his signing. Can you predict the future? Do you know what Pace is thinking? Do you know how Pagano will utilize his safeties? Obviously not. STFU.

So help me, if he ruptures his Achilles running up to the podium after the signing, I will find you and kick your dog.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Except he won't and he isn't going to take any "one year prove it" deals. I bet he signs for just under what Amos got, and the difference will be insignificant (1.5 mill a year difference max). He gets more turnovers because he takes more risks, he also gets burned more than Amos, and yes, his tackling is suspect.

I keep proving you to be an idiot.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
3.5 mil one year vs 9.5 mil over 4 years

Has your opinion changed? Amos isn’t three times the player. I do believe he is better but the contract difference makes this a big win and opens the door to some solid depth signings

Yes it has, I am shocked he signed for 3.5 mil. I was wrong. Flame away. No one can bitch at that price. However, it does kinda tell you what the rest of the GM's in the league thought of him. I mean fuck, you payed Parkay more than that.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
[FONT=&quot]Troels Dahl-Nielsen@troelsdn 48s48 seconds agoMore

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Troels Dahl-Nielsen Retweeted Mike Garafolo[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Nu er der to spillere fra min tid på @UofAlabama på mit NFL hold @ChicagoBears. Dét er fedt! @Renebl
1f418.png
#rolltide
1f43b.png
2b07.png
#beardown
1f600.png
#gulklud #nfl #bears
[/FONT]

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Except he won't and he isn't going to take any "one year prove it" deals. I bet he signs for just under what Amos got, and the difference will be insignificant (1.5 mill a year difference max). He gets more turnovers because he takes more risks, he also gets burned more than Amos, and yes, his tackling is suspect.
All good. We've all been wrong before. Dust yourself down, and pull yourself up by your straps and get on to the next thread.

:wink:

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

DBCOOPER

Liked Posts:
[FONT="][URL="https://twitter.com/AshtonKeller99"]Ashton@AshtonKeller99[/URL] 2m2 minutes agoMore

[/FONT]

[FONT="]I think now that price tags are going down. [URL="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bears?src=hash"]#Bears[/URL] should re-sign Callahan and get Gostkowski on a short term deal. Then draft a running back and pass rush
[/FONT]

It is curious Callahan hasn't been tagged to anyone yet.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:

Wow, you got that badly wrong!

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
It's a good signing at that price point. We still need to hope that Deon Bush develops into a solid SS but at least we have 3 safeties on the books now!

msadows

Liked Posts:
Yes it has, I am shocked he signed for 3.5 mil. I was wrong. Flame away. No one can bitch at that price. However, it does kinda tell you what the rest of the GM's in the league thought of him. I mean fuck, you payed Parkay more than that.

It wasn't his best offer. He left money on the table.

He signed here because he knows even if he plays average in this defense some GM will inflate his play and he will end up getting a 10m+ a year deal.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

I honestly can't remember the last time you were right but Lions fans have never been the brightest bulbs.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

I don’t think there is anything to really flame about. You are right Amos is better than haha. With how whacky day one fa numbers were I don’t blame you for thinking he would be signed @8 mil.....I figured he would get same contract buster got.

It’s just when you have ballers up and down the defense realistically going have to downgrade at a few positions and just hope you can draft out of lost talent and hope the ballers on the defense are so good they mask the bums

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow, you got that badly wrong!

He is consistent though, prior to last season he was all about Pace's moves being a disaster and the Bears would be terrible blah blah blah. He disappeared and now in this off season here he is again spewing away. He's just a sad bitter Lion's fan...:rofl: