Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aaron Lynch news?

All-Star

Default Aaron Lynch news?

Any news on him? Is it possible we sign him back with the added cap money we have? Also, does signing a FA that was currently on our team count against the whole compensatory pick thing? I would assume no, which would be another benefit of keeping him over signing somebody else.

We still need depth at OLB and he definitely fills that role.

He wouldn't count against compensatory picks, but if he's signed by someone else you will likely add one for the Bears which may help with one of the higher picks the Bears could potentially get.

CCS HoF: Class of 2014 HeHateMe's Avatar

I've been saying for days now that Lynch should be signed again. Probably get him for cheap too.

I would hope they resign him.

And why is this board so obsessed with comp picks? I would hope Pace follows his plan and doesn't factor in comp picks when making decisions.

Playing for comp picks...lol. Gawd.
    Nobody who ever gave his best regretted it. - George Halas

Quote Originally Posted by halftime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

And why is this board so obsessed with comp picks? I would hope Pace follows his plan and doesn't factor in comp picks when making decisions.

I think people really want to see Pace make a huge splash in the 4th round two drafts from now.

Quote Originally Posted by jonimus View Post
    Any news on him? Is it possible we sign him back with the added cap money we have? Also, does signing a FA that was currently on our team count against the whole compensatory pick thing? I would assume no, which would be another benefit of keeping him over signing somebody else.

We still need depth at OLB and he definitely fills that role.
    He was alright for us and had some good plays but it seems like whenever he doesn't have Fangio as his coach is when his character and weight issues seem to pop up. I wouldn't mind if we brought him back but think there's several guys out there right now that can be as good and some even better then A.Lynch that would probably be around the same price.

Because every draft pick is a star unless your GM sux, LOL. I don't care that much about Lynch but completely agree that you don't make moves based upon comp picks.
    Stupid wall will never keep out aliens. Try to get in to this!
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by dabears70 View Post
    He was alright for us and had some good plays but it seems like whenever he doesn't have Fangio as his coach is when his character and weight issues seem to pop up. I wouldn't mind if we brought him back but think there's several guys out there right now that can be as good and some even better then A.Lynch that would probably be around the same price.

You have been repeating that bold part over and over again like it's gospel.

The Bears probably have to wait a couple of days for his market to not come together and then get him back at a similar number to last season.

Quote Originally Posted by halftime View Post

probably has something to do with how much easier it is to stay within the cap when you keep making good draft picks. It's odd to me that people don't understand how valuable draft picks are.

I agree with Windy... I think they're playing the waiting game, hoping the prices drop. There's still a lot of players available in FA...

SharkAttack /FlyingTigers

They made cap room available. It's just another best player available in FA ( Callahan included ) with the caveat of Pagano's influence along with compensatory picks being considered
    Shark Attack O & Flying Tigers D

All-Star

Anyone have any thoughts on Shane Ray or Shaq Barrett? I think one of the Denver depth guys could be a good high-reward type signing. They seemed to always be stuck behind great pass rushers so never got as many opportunities. Would they be more worth while to get than Lynch?

Quote Originally Posted by HeHateMe View Post
    You have been repeating that bold part over and over again like it's gospel.
    He is correct in what he said. Not a guarantee of future performance but worth noting.
    "Briggs was nothing without Urlacher, more of a role player...." - HansGruber

Mitch is starting to worry me. ...the guy cant even get a first down. - PrideisBears

Fox's team, as vanilla as it was, was at least organized and functional. - Bearmick

All-Star

This comp pick stuff is out of control this FA.

Quote Originally Posted by BaBaBlacksheep View Post
    He is correct in what he said. Not a guarantee of future performance but worth noting.
    One could also say he grew up last year, team culture and winning can keep him in line. One could actually say those things over and over again trying to make it a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bears_804 View Post
    Agreed.

It'd be nice to start taking advantage of the comp pick system, but to plan an off-season around/obsess about comp picks, is a bit over the top. If you can obtain 2-3 comp picks every year or 2, it just helps move around on draft day. Comp picks can be traded now, where a few years ago you couldn't trade them, iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bears_804 View Post
    Comp picks are like that toy all the kids had but your parents wouldn't buy you. The want for not having it far outweighs the satisfaction once you finally get it.

That said just give Fitts or Irving Lynch's reps.

Quote Originally Posted by HeHateMe View Post
    One could also say he grew up last year, team culture and winning can keep him in line. One could actually say those things over and over again trying to make it a thing.
    Sorry, his issues go back to college. I’m not going to “trust” him after one year. Maybe that’s not fair but he’s earned it.
    "Briggs was nothing without Urlacher, more of a role player...." - HansGruber

Mitch is starting to worry me. ...the guy cant even get a first down. - PrideisBears

Fox's team, as vanilla as it was, was at least organized and functional. - Bearmick

Quote Originally Posted by hebs View Post
    I agree with Windy... I think they're playing the waiting game, hoping the prices drop. There's still a lot of players available in FA...
    Yep i said this yesterday and two of thew positions we need filled is actually pretty deep in free agency right now with S and 3rd OLB so we can wait for prices to drop and could still watch a couple guys at those positions get signed before we need to step up and make a signing. We obviously have other needs then those two but those two are pretty big.

oh, wow, what else did you say yesterday??
    DON'T TREAD ON MY FLAG

Quote Originally Posted by tardigrade View Post
    oh, wow, what else did you say yesterday??
    Lots of frontrunning predictions that most people were not down with but they were stated all along. There may even be links when they come true.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast