CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I saw a tweet yesterday wondering if the Bears cutting Parkey makes him the worst one year player in any Chicago sport. It certainly had it's ending, but would you say it was the worst?

For me, I'm going with Keith Bogans. Started all 82 games, but was never really a factor on the floor. Even as a starter, he was under 20 minutes per, and was always on the bench in the fourth quarter in favor of Ronnie Brewer. Which to me begs the question of why you were just never starting Brewer in the first place. But no, you "had to get him going early" which meant force feeding him the ball in the first quarter.

All of this is hindsight to be sure, but it makes me wonder where that team might have ended up if Richard Hamilton came to them one year earlier.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
All of this is hindsight to be sure, but it makes me wonder where that team might have ended up if Richard Hamilton came to them one year earlier.
In reality, probably still losers to Lebron...in my mind, CHAMPIONS BABY! :bullbang:

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I saw a tweet yesterday wondering if the Bears cutting Parkey makes him the worst one year player in any Chicago sport. It certainly had it's ending, but would you say it was the worst?

For me, I'm going with Keith Bogans. Started all 82 games, but was never really a factor on the floor. Even as a starter, he was under 20 minutes per, and was always on the bench in the fourth quarter in favor of Ronnie Brewer. Which to me begs the question of why you were just never starting Brewer in the first place. But no, you "had to get him going early" which meant force feeding him the ball in the first quarter.

Cody Parkey
Keith Bogans
Mike Glennon
Milton Bradley
Kordell Stewart

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Cody Parkey
Keith Bogans
Mike Glennon
Milton Bradley
Kordell Stewart

Hard for me to put Glennon in there, because I think he was a placeholder. Unless you're counting him being so bad that Mitch had to start earlier than what they would have wanted.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hard for me to put Glennon in there, because I think he was a placeholder. Unless you're counting him being so bad that Mitch had to start earlier than what they would have wanted.

Are we going by expectations? Or just overall bad? Cause he sucked.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
IIRC Brewer had a hamstring injury that was bothering him and thats why Bogans, who was signed as a end of bench guy, started. Thibs liked what he saw (and we did go on to win 62 games) so he stuck with the lineup.

Richard Hamilton sucked so bad and i'd like to forget he was ever a Bull. I wonder what would have happened if Orlando didn't match JJ Redick. We would have had both JJ and Korver to play off Rose.

Probably still lose to the Heat (looking back its easier to see how overmatched we were) but that would have been a better team forsure.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
If you add up all of Kevin White's games during his Bears tenure, you get about 1 year (14 games). So perhaps Kevin White is the answer?

Jay Williams had a rough go of it with the Bulls, too.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Jay Williams had a rough go of it with the Bulls, too.

Jay Williams is a good answer.

Subpar rookie season (save for the game against Kidd) then ends his career in a motorcycle accident. Talk about deflated hopes and a waste of a 2nd overall pick.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I suppose just overall bad, but I truly don't think there was much expectation from him.

I won't argue there was much expectation. Every smart fan knew he was going to stink.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Rundblad for sure