Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 22 of 99

Thread: Grade the Bears signings so far

  1. #1
    All-Star BaBaBlacksheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    18,060

    Default Grade the Bears signings so far

    Mike Davis - A - Like the signing. Low risk, high upside.

    Buster Skrine - D - Experienced player at a position of need. Seems like an overpay. History of penalties is concerning.

    Cordarelle Patterson - B - Should fix our terrible kickoff return game and contribute a bit on offense. Like the signing just wish it were for a tad less.

    Ted Laresen - B - Depth signing for peanuts but very experienced. He'll come in handy when Long gets injured again.

    Ha Ha Clinton Dix - A - Former pro bowl safety who's only 26 on a 1 year deal for 3.5 million? This is a huge steal.
    "Briggs was nothing without Urlacher, more of a role player...." - HansGruber

    Mitch is starting to worry me. ...the guy cant even get a first down. - PrideisBears

    Fox's team, as vanilla as it was, was at least organized and functional. - Bearmick

  2. #2
    Captain Objectivity bearmick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    30,209

    Default

    Are these grades A-, D-, B-, B-, A-, or A, D, B, B, A with an extra hyphen after them?

  3. #3
    CCS HoF: Class of 2014 HeHateMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    slums of shaolin
    Posts
    27,109

    Default

    Nick Markoutsakis@Sfakia81 4m4 minutes agoMore



    Ryan Pace can draft whatever position he wants this team is stacked with zero holes. This team will go as far as @Mtrubisky10 will take them. I hope he is hungry as hell. Kicker is the biggest question mark. RB, OL, CB, S are the positions I expect to be drafted. #Bears

  4. #4
    All-Star BaBaBlacksheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    18,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bearmick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are these grades A-, D-, B-, B-, A-, or A, D, B, B, A with an extra hyphen after them?
    Extra hyphen. Thought it made them clearer. Apparently not. Oops
    "Briggs was nothing without Urlacher, more of a role player...." - HansGruber

    Mitch is starting to worry me. ...the guy cant even get a first down. - PrideisBears

    Fox's team, as vanilla as it was, was at least organized and functional. - Bearmick

  5. #5
    CCS HoF: Class of 2014 HeHateMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    slums of shaolin
    Posts
    27,109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BaBaBlacksheep View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Extra hyphen. Thought it made them clearer. Apparently not. Oops

    next time lose the hyphens okayyyyyyyyyyyyy?

  6. #6
    CCS HoF: Class of 2014 HeHateMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    slums of shaolin
    Posts
    27,109

    Default

    Mike Davis B+ just okay but maybe GREAT we will see.
    Buster Skrine C - hopefully he gets his **** together with this good D
    Cordarelle Patterson B maybe an A - if he gets used like Pats used him.
    Ted Laresen F total ****ing **** better off with Kush
    Ha Ha Clinton Dix A +++ Just the perfect situation for everyone coming together.

  7. #7
    All-Star BaBaBlacksheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    18,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HeHateMe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    next time lose the hyphens okayyyyyyyyyyyyy?
    I’ll try and do better next time.
    "Briggs was nothing without Urlacher, more of a role player...." - HansGruber

    Mitch is starting to worry me. ...the guy cant even get a first down. - PrideisBears

    Fox's team, as vanilla as it was, was at least organized and functional. - Bearmick

  8. #8
    CCS HoF: Class of 2014 HeHateMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    slums of shaolin
    Posts
    27,109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BaBaBlacksheep View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’ll try and do better next time.

    I'm not trying to be a dick by the way it was just SUPER CONFUSING for me and I know you don't try to do that **** intentionally.

  9. #9
    Monday Morning QB playthrough2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United Club
    Posts
    6,040

    Default

    Skrine C
    Davis B
    Patterson A
    Larsen C
    Clinton-Dix A+
    Houston A+

  10. #10
    Yippie Ki-Yay modo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Denver, Fucking Colorado
    Posts
    17,664

    Default

    A ......Dix

    B ......Skrine

    A ......Davis

    C ......Larsen

    A .....Patterson

    B .....Braunecker


    It's an illusion, it's a game
    A reflection of someone else's name

  11. #11
    All-Star BearDownTexas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by playthrough2001 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Skrine C
    Davis B
    Patterson A
    Larsen C
    Clinton-Dix A+
    Houston A+

    Love it!

  12. #12
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    30,420

    Default

    Grading system

    A - Pro Bowl level player
    B - Good starter
    C - Average player
    D - Below average player
    F - Terrible player


    Mike Davis C+ He is cheap but I think his upside is no better than being a good player but more likely IMO being an average player hence the C+ .That is still useful as you can't be stacked with good players everywhere but nothing to write home about.

    Buster Skrine C- Think his upside is really just as an average player but also have the potential in my view to be a below average player. I gave him a C- rather than a D+ as I think he is a bit more likely to just be average than below average.

    Cordarelle Patterson C Kickoff Return guys are an increasingly dying breed with all the rule changes but I gave him a C because I think he has the ability to be an average player on offense particularly if he gets more snaps as a RB as opposed to a WR.

    Ted Larsen D Below average player that will always be a below average player.

    Ha Ha Clinton Dix B- Good player who signed for a good price. Gave him a B- because there is a slight risk that he ends up just being average (don't think there is much risk in him being bad) and because it is a one year deal so if he is good then he likely walks next year as unlikely to give him big money and Jackson bigger money. So not a lot of long term value.

  13. #13
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Monmouth, IL
    Posts
    3,076

    Default

    Seems like they have been able to do what they wanted to do far, so I can't give them a bad grade. We do,t even know how guys like Davis and CP will be used yet!

    I'd give us an A, but will lower it to a solid B+ so I dont get called a meatball by the formerly banned gang....

  14. #14
    CCS HoF: Class of 2014 HeHateMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    slums of shaolin
    Posts
    27,109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Visionman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seems like they have been able to do what they wanted to do far, so I can't give them a bad grade. We do,t even know how guys like Davis and CP will be used yet!

    I'd give us an A, but will lower it to a solid B+ so I dont get called a meatball by the formerly banned gang....
    Cry

  15. #15
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    30,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Visionman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seems like they have been able to do what they wanted to do far, so I can't give them a bad grade. We do,t even know how guys like Davis and CP will be used yet!

    I'd give us an A, but will lower it to a solid B+ so I dont get called a meatball by the formerly banned gang....
    If this year was an A then what is last year? A+? Do we really think the difference between this year and last is only a + grade? Seems like an awfully generous grading system for sure.

  16. #16
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Monmouth, IL
    Posts
    3,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If this year was an A then what is last year? A+? Do we really think the difference between this year and last is only a + grade? Seems like an awfully generous grading system for sure.
    It is measured against meeting your goals for that particular year, not just the number of FAs signed.

    If you were in school and got 100/100 on a test, would that be a better letter grade than if you got 20/20 on a later test?

    And if you say they got more talent last year....duh. But if they had spent like that this year, assuming it was even possible (it wasn't), it would be a complete disaster because of our different situation.

    We have made the most of our situation, and are still a likely contender...

  17. #17
    All-Star WestCoastBearsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    4,149

    Default Grade the Bears signings so far

    Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If this year was an A then what is last year? A+? Do we really think the difference between this year and last is only a + grade? Seems like an awfully generous grading system for sure.
    Last year and this year are completely different as they are trying to accomplish 2 entirely different objectives. Last year they were trying to surround their young QB with the best young talent they could and make the playoffs. This offseason they are SB contenders and strapped for cash. As most SB contenders who are short on money do they are trying to sign cheap upgrades and depth when they can. Objectives are different so you canít grade them the same way.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #18
    All-Star dabears70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    17,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by playthrough2001 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Skrine C
    Davis B
    Patterson A
    Larsen C
    Clinton-Dix A+
    Houston A+
    I thanked this but mostly cause of the Houston signing. I think you guys are too down on Skrine and think he'll hold his own in this defense. Patterson an A? I just can't stop thinking that we could of got T.Coleman for even cheaper then what we gave Patterson. He's already talking about how he doesn't wanna play RB.

  19. #19
    Bills Board Hall of Famer ruprecht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    8,908

    Default

    Ccs - d+
    Well, that's no ordinary rabbit.

  20. #20
    Vagabond Wannabe iueyedoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    12,453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Grading system

    A - Pro Bowl level player
    B - Good starter
    C - Average player
    D - Below average player
    F - Terrible player


    Mike Davis C+ He is cheap but I think his upside is no better than being a good player but more likely IMO being an average player hence the C+ .That is still useful as you can't be stacked with good players everywhere but nothing to write home about.

    Buster Skrine C- Think his upside is really just as an average player but also have the potential in my view to be a below average player. I gave him a C- rather than a D+ as I think he is a bit more likely to just be average than below average.

    Cordarelle Patterson C Kickoff Return guys are an increasingly dying breed with all the rule changes but I gave him a C because I think he has the ability to be an average player on offense particularly if he gets more snaps as a RB as opposed to a WR.

    Ted Larsen D Below average player that will always be a below average player.

    Ha Ha Clinton Dix B- Good player who signed for a good price. Gave him a B- because there is a slight risk that he ends up just being average (don't think there is much risk in him being bad) and because it is a one year deal so if he is good then he likely walks next year as unlikely to give him big money and Jackson bigger money. So not a lot of long term value.
    Odd grading system since some are meant to be secondary or tertiary players,and not factoring salary and cap cost but going by your grading system and new player grades, seems like they have improved.
    New------------- vs--------------Old
    Mike Davis-C+: Benny Cunningham-D+
    Buster Skrine-C-: Bryce Callahan-B- (minus due to availability issues)
    Cordarelle Patterson -C(as a KR this is a horribly low grade that you gave): Cunningham/White-D
    Larsen-D:Kush-D
    HaHa-B-:Amos C+

  21. #21
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dabears70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thanked this but mostly cause of the Houston signing. I think you guys are too down on Skrine and think he'll hold his own in this defense. Patterson an A? I just can't stop thinking that we could of got T.Coleman for even cheaper then what we gave Patterson. He's already talking about how he doesn't wanna play RB.
    Patterson is a utility knife weapon, not a RB. Why you would want to argue his statement that he doesnít want to be a RB is a head scratcher. He isnít one, and never has been one. He probably made that evident in his interview as well. They have a plan for him, and the only RB he will do is a sweep. Like our WR also do, that arenít RB.

    Return specialist was also a need of the team.

  22. #22
    CCS Donator
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    murica
    Posts
    4,392

    Default

    Guy who is not Bell #1 - F-
    Guy who is not Bell #2 - F-
    Guy who is not Bell #3 - F-
    Guy who is not Bell #4 - F-
    Guy who is not Bell #5 - F-
    Guy who is not Bell #6 - F- [Projected]

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •