Uh... how'd we get Ha-Ha so cheap (and why isn't anyone else asking this)?

mammalspod

Liked Posts:
So, I am super pumped to get Ha Ha on our team. We know Eddie wants him there. The guy played amazing as a rookie, and was playing very, very well for the Packers before the inexplicable trade in the middle of the year last year. Defensive backs always seem to take a dip in production in a new system. Darby and Gillmore are the two big name guys that come to mind (although Janoris Jenkins was immediately awesome with the Giants). So, I don't question the coverage breakdowns and occasional average play we saw from Ha Ha at the Redskins.

So we have a guy that was picked in the first round, from Alabama, who has never really had any injury concerns, made the Pro Bowl as a rookie, and has 14 interceptions in 2 seasons. Now, all of a sudden he's getting kicked around to three different teams and ending up on a relatively capped strapped contender for a one-year, 3.5 million deal.

Does this raise any warning flags to anyone else?

What don't we know about Ha Ha that let us get him on such a cheap, short deal? The guy passes the peepers test on game film with flying colors to me.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
So, I am super pumped to get Ha Ha on our team. We know Eddie wants him there. The guy played amazing as a rookie, and was playing very, very well for the Packers before the inexplicable trade in the middle of the year last year. Defensive backs always seem to take a dip in production in a new system. Darby and Gillmore are the two big name guys that come to mind (although Janoris Jenkins was immediately awesome with the Giants). So, I don't question the coverage breakdowns and occasional average play we saw from Ha Ha at the Redskins.

So we have a guy that was picked in the first round, from Alabama, who has never really had any injury concerns, made the Pro Bowl as a rookie, and has 14 interceptions in 2 seasons. Now, all of a sudden he's getting kicked around to three different teams and ending up on a relatively capped strapped contender for a one-year, 3.5 million deal.

Does this raise any warning flags to anyone else?

What don't we know about Ha Ha that let us get him on such a cheap, short deal? The guy passes the peepers test on game film with flying colors to me.

Read up on it
He had at least one better offer, but chose to come to Chicago for less.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Hopefully he's not going to pull a Sam Hurd

BearDownTexas

Liked Posts:
He wants to win....thus upping his price after his one year deal with the Bears. Look what playing on this defense did for Amos.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
He said he wants a ring now, doesn't want to chase one when he's older. The Redskins definitely made him an offer, not sure of the other teams.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
He said he wants a ring now, doesn't want to chase one when he's older. The Redskins definitely made him an offer, not sure of the other teams.

You only need one confirmed team for a market to be robust

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
So if we paid him 10 mil a season you would feel allot better about the signing? Lol

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Skins wanted him on Yr prove it deal , Pace was shrewd and did not bid against himself. + Bears are a better team.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
We got him so cheap because he has a ridiculous name

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yes, we are all well aware that you hate black people

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He had offers but felt he would be selling low if he signed a long term deal now. It's a smart move. If all goes well, he can have some impressive stats/big plays in this defense and he'll get a deal between what Collins & Matheiu got.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Because all the teams looking for a safety signed guys they thought were better to bigger deals and HaHa decided it was best to sign with No 1 D and hope his value improves next year.

Good player that appears to be undervalued.

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
My prediction for Haha's stats next season (if defense is healthy): 80 tackles, 3 sacks, 12-15 Passes defensed, 6 INTs.

Now in a weak free agent market at safety next offseason, what would he be able to command with those kinds of numbers? I'm guessing 14-17M/year on a 4 year deal. We'd have to draft his replacement this year or next since we won't be able to afford to re-sign him.

Rise

Liked Posts:
My prediction for Haha's stats next season (if defense is healthy): 80 tackles, 3 sacks, 12-15 Passes defensed, 6 INTs.

Now in a weak free agent market at safety next offseason, what would he be able to command with those kinds of numbers? I'm guessing 14-17M/year on a 4 year deal. We'd have to draft his replacement this year or next since we won't be able to afford to re-sign him.

This is the perfect storm. We get a good year out of him, at the perfect time when we don’t have draft capital. Can replace him next year and earn a 3rd round comp pick. This to me is the best signing of the year it has so much potential and little downside.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Does Eddie have a nickname? Action Jackson?