The R.Pace good or bad at his job question still going.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Correct me if I am wrong but didn’t the Bears just come out of no where and win their division? So Pace is a bad GM?

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
That’s an interesting take

Naggy was a slam dunk year one. He did lose us a few games with some bad game management but we can live with that with a young coach who barely had any experience as an assistant. I want to see this offense morph before I crown his ass

His drafts I can’t really complain. He has a pretty good record of drafting guys out of the first round that contribute. That is pretty tough stuff out there. We can give him a mulligan for white. Would he draft white with that pick in year 3 of being a gm? He also was young inexperienced gm

Free agency has been atrocious out of last year. Can’t deny that. If I was an owner it would have pissed me off that my gm pissed away a couple hundred million in guarantees on bums. But at the same time were they bad decisions or desperate ones? Idk because before naggy no one wanted to be here. Now we have heard from multiple players we are a destination spot despite Chicago being a fuck you tax the hell out of you city.

Maybe not grade him yet, give the naggy era a few more years, then revisit it? The Fox era was a black hole that started after another black hole.

Yes, signing Hicks, Trevathan, Prince and Massie was “atrocious.” Hicks is the BEST free agent the Bears have ever signed.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yes, signing Hicks, Trevathan, Prince and Massie was “atrocious.” Hicks is the BEST free agent the Bears have ever signed.

Bears were not a desired destination. Pace was dealing with
[video=youtube;P6WD7B_I_9c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6WD7B_I_9c[/video]

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
Can we see Mahomes have more than 1 good year before we crown him? DCs around the league now have tape on him and I guarantee you he won't get 5,000 yards and 50 TDs this year. He'll still be a good QB, but his stats will normalize to around 4,000 yards and 30+ TDs. Those types of numbers are well within range for Trubisky.

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
This is a stupid argument. Pace has built a division winner, hired the coach of the year, drafted a pro bowl qb, acquired a top 3 defensive player in the league, drafted several pro bowlers on Day three of the draft, and has built one of the youngest rosters in the league. Sure he has had a few draft and free agent misses, but the majority of his contracts have been very team friendly. He has taken us out of the Stone Age and into the modern era of football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I remember silva claiming Pace had no understanding of free agency because of the whole Cam Meredith thing.....

At the end of the day Pace trusted the medical staff and was correct about Meredith......

silva then tweeted, last night, that Pace didn't understand how compensatory picks worked but that he may "luck" into one......people hammered him for it and the tweet has since been deleted.....silva never owned up for being wrong about the Meredith situation.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
It amazes me people are still anti Pace. If you were to tell this board when we hired Pace he would turn this team into a legit super bowl contender for years with a pro bowl QB, one of the the brightest offensive minds in football for HC, the best defensive player in football in his prime, and multiple pro bowl selections people would be asking why the McCaskey’s haven’t started on the plans for his statue outside of Halas Hall.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
It amazes me people are still anti Pace. If you were to tell this board when we hired Pace he would turn this team into a legit super bowl contender for years with a pro bowl QB, one of the the brightest offensive minds in football for HC, the best defensive player in football in his prime, and multiple pro bowl selections people would be asking why the McCaskey’s haven’t started on the plans for his statue outside of Halas Hall.

to be fair it is a playoff team for one...year. I think judgment is still ongoing but things sure do look promising right now.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
to be fair it is a playoff team for one...year. I think judgment is still ongoing but things sure do look promising right now.

Looking out to the future I would say it’s certainly a more reasonable position to say we are legit super bowl contenders for at least 4 more years than we aren’t.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looking out to the future I would say it’s certainly a more reasonable position to say we are legit super bowl contenders for at least 4 more years than we aren’t.

Can't really pass judgment on something that hasn't happened yet.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Can't really pass judgment on something that hasn't happened yet.

Yeah. As of now we are super bowl contenders for the next couple of years. It’s not that hard to understand

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah. As of now we are super bowl contenders for the next couple of years. It’s not that hard to understand

Yes we very could be...also we may get a string of injuries that play havoc with our team.....as I said we are in good shape, we will see what happens

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Hub Arkush
@Hub_Arkush
·
Mar 15
Imagine that. After Marc Trestman turned Halas Hall into Hades North in a matter of months & John Fox spent 3 yrs insisting there's absolutely no conversation about football worth having, Chicago is now a must destination for FAs

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This is silly, Pace has done a great job. No GM bats 1000. I swear some of you have zero perspective.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I’m in love with Pace. I feel like I have his voodoo doll.

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is a stupid argument. Pace has built a division winner, hired the coach of the year, drafted a pro bowl qb, acquired a top 3 defensive player in the league, drafted several pro bowlers on Day three of the draft, and has built one of the youngest rosters in the league. Sure he has had a few draft and free agent misses, but the majority of his contracts have been very team friendly. He has taken us out of the Stone Age and into the modern era of football.

I agree with you, this team is here to stay but to say he drafted a pro bowl QB is a stretch, we all know the truth

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I agree with you, this team is here to stay but to say he drafted a pro bowl QB is a stretch, we all know the truth
The jury is still out for me. But I'm cautiously optimistic that Mitch will continue to improve, and end up being a very good QB.