The R.Pace good or bad at his job question still going.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Can we see Mahomes have more than 1 good year before we crown him? DCs around the league now have tape on him and I guarantee you he won't get 5,000 yards and 50 TDs this year. He'll still be a good QB, but his stats will normalize to around 4,000 yards and 30+ TDs. Those types of numbers are well within range for Trubisky.

He's real and doesn't need those #s to remain so. If he has a less stellar year, he's more likely to bounce back to great the next one than become mid pack.

I didn't have Mahomes as my top QB that year simply because he was difficult to project from that system. A few guys here did but most of them understood the Trubs pick. Most of the trub dissenters are actually Watson fans. I saw Mahomes as having generational arm talent but he wouldn't be the 1st QB with a gun to fail at this level and is why I had him #2 to a guy that looked like he could assimilate in time. All that said, I like calculated gunslingers, thought Mahomes a top talent and wouldn't have complained if Pace chose him instead but he's not a black mark in the resume.

Some of this is luck. It was reported that he tried to trade up for Mariota at the time and mo one would have ragged on him for that. I'm now glad that didn't work out and am much happier where we're currently at.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
That condition is now officially called Detroit Lions Syndrome.

I’ve read on this board how the Lions won some games while the Bears were in a rough patch and it’s incredibly important. Like REALLY important!

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I’ve read on this board how the Lions won some games while the Bears were in a rough patch and it’s incredibly important. Like REALLY important!
Rumor is they also won a playoff game...the same year that the internet was invented. KEK KEK Doink Doink

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
I’ve had enough after years of this. Some of you are just not going to back pace no matter his accomplishments.

1-walked into terrible roster and culture

2-Has has a good draft record and had shown he’s not scared to pull the trigger.

3-hit/miss in FA(mostly fails) BUT has been great in structuring contracts to not cripple us

4-Matt Nagy

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was 110% on board the Pace Train until he signed Buster. (Who’s initials happen to be BS)

I don’t think you can be 110% behind a GM and then bail after one (probably) marginal signing.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Pace went from one of the worst, to one of the best GM's in the league in one season.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I don’t think you can be 110% behind a GM and then bail after one (probably) marginal signing.
The Bears are obviously high on him. Nagy called him one of the best nickels in the league before they played the Jets. Call me crazy, but I'm willing to see how it plays out before freaking out about it being a bad move by Pace.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
I didn’t read the comments but I can perfectly understand someone not liking him. One good year can be a fluke. If the Bears have a bad year this year the calls for firing him will be loud and clear. Don’t think they will... just saying many fans need more than one good season of proof that Pace knows his stuff. The whole Mahomes thing is also unforgivable to some.

Even if Bill Belichick had a real bad year, they'd be calling for his head. NFL is all about what have you done for me lately. Last year at this time, Steelers GM Kolbert, was considered one of the best GM's in the league. Now he's a punching bag and a door mat to his players.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Yeah. As of now we are super bowl contenders for the next couple of years. It’s not that hard to understand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know our defense is legit and we have plenty of weapons on offense but Trubisky still needs to be better next year for us to be classified as super bowl contenders.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Wait are people really blaming pace for not drafting mahomes?

The fuck.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I know our defense is legit and we have plenty of weapons on offense but Trubisky still needs to be better next year for us to be classified as super bowl contenders.

We were superbowl contenders last year. Thats generally what happens when you win 12 games. We will be this year also, even if last year was trubisky's peak(which I doubt it was).

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
This thread title

Please don't come in just to derail this thread. I know it's the one thing you're good at but if you try really really hard then maybe you can get better at not derailing threads.

Lets keep it to football please.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
We were superbowl contenders last year. Thats generally what happens when you win 12 games. We will be this year also, even if last year was trubisky's peak(which I doubt it was).

Love the positive outlook in March and hope you're right but i see it being very tough to be 12-4 again this year.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Love the positive outlook in March and hope you're right but i see it being very tough to be 12-4 again this year.

Doubt we go 12-4, but when you have the best defense in the NFL and make the playoffs you are def. superbowl contenders.

Now we prob. won't ever win one unless Mitch takes the next step, but we can easily CONTEND for one year in year out even with last years mitch.

CubandBear

Liked Posts:
Correct me if I am wrong but didn’t the Bears just come out of no where and win their division? So Pace is a bad GM?

Who signed Cody Parkey, and overpaid him? What if Pace didn't sign Mack? Those are questions that need to be examined, before making an accurate, realistic evaluation. Parkey's character is questionable in my opinion. I would have passed on him. Wouldn't make it in the Marine Corps!

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Pace went from one of the worst, to one of the best GM's in the league in one season.

So in 2017, he drafted Trubisky, Jackson and Cohen and he was one of the worst GMs in the league? Good to know...

Year before he netted Floyd, Whitehair and Howard...