The R.Pace good or bad at his job question still going.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well Remy, knowing you. Its hard to nail down a concise answer because you like to over complicate it every fucking time. I wasn't asking for qualifiers. It was pretty much posed as a yes or no question. You could have said yes or no and gone on to explain your reasoning for it but that isn't how you work.

If Trubs sucks and the Bears go 4-12, why would it be the same as if Trubs sucks and the Bears go 10-6 and make the playoffs? It was never a yes or no question if your intent was to garner an actual intelligent response as whether you give Pace another chance would be highly dependent on how well the team performs overall which is unknown at this point.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am curious, which word did you stop at, "strength", "pick", the second "and?" Trying to figure out how many words in a 30 word sentence would cause a person to loose interest in finishing the sentence. I would like to avoid being long winded in the future. With you assistance I can become more concise and to the point.
I linked the original sentence so you can finish it up in case you need to for clarity.
Hope you were able to make it this far.

I read until I can grasp the reader's point which I did after you talked about drafting mid round being one of Pace's strengths.

I finished up the sentence as indicated in my response in post 323 and agreed your statement was racist.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I slightly agree with Allbright but not completely. I do think that Nagy, rather than Pace, is the main reason for the rapid turnaround, and I agree with him somewhat about Trubisky (as do most people who aren't Bears fans), though I think Mark Sanchez is a rough comparison.

Where I'm fully in agreement is that Pace seems to be incompetent in FA, and this year looks like no exception. Not so worried about losing Amos but not resigning Callahan and replacing him with a walking penalty is bizarre.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If the QB turns out to be a whiff...does the body of work overall let you get past the fact he whiffed on the quarterback or not. Simple as that. Do you give Pace a 2nd crack at him and Nagy picking another quarterback?

No way. If Trubisky doesn't get much better, and after the Glennon debacle, I would have had enough of Pace's QB evaluation. A second overall pick needs to be better than average.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Damn it, Mick, you're starting to achieve Run and Shit levels of incompetency regarding the use of multi-quote. Spam on, brother!

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Damn it, Mick, you're starting to achieve Run and Shit levels of incompetency regarding the use of multi-quote. Spam on, brother!
I use the multi-quote function when I'm responding to multiple parts of a single post, or at least posts by a specific poster. Quoting multiple posts on one response only makes any potential future responder have to edit my post if they want to reply. You probably didn't think of that. Details are the difference between regular posters and HOFers.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No way. If Trubisky doesn't get much better, and after the Glennon debacle, I would have had enough of Pace's QB evaluation. A second overall pick needs to be better than average.

Fair enough. There is no right or wrong answer. The question in itself is more of a pulse check on how high any one person may be on Pace as a whole. Me personally I am on the fence on that one. Good enough to maybe give him a second chance, assuming that Nagy would be having more input into who the pick would be than Pace himself. You do have to remember though that Pace didn't pick Mitch in a bubble. The entire scouting and front office agreed he was the one to go after. So that would be an indictment on the whole kit and kaboodle not just Pace. Mind you the same people that have been helping him knock it out of the park on many of the rest of the picks. So there is that.

Last edited:

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
I slightly agree with Allbright but not completely. I do think that Nagy, rather than Pace, is the main reason for the rapid turnaround, and I agree with him somewhat about Trubisky (as do most people who aren't Bears fans), though I think Mark Sanchez is a rough comparison.

Where I'm fully in agreement is that Pace seems to be incompetent in FA, and this year looks like no exception. Not so worried about losing Amos but not resigning Callahan and replacing him with a walking penalty is bizarre.

If you read the signing Skrine thread, it is full of CCS optimism that Skrine was misused in NY by being asked to cover multiple positions and didn't fit the scheme there but he is tailor-made to be a NB for Pagano.

There was little evidence accompanying these claims as usual, but I agree: Skrine better clean up his game or it is another FA whiff by Pace.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Fair enough. There is no right or wrong answer. The question in itself is more of a pulse check on how high any one person may be on Pace as a whole. Me personally I am on the fence on that one. Good enough to maybe give him a second chance, assuming that Nagy would be having more input into who the pick would be than Pace himself. You do have to remember though that Pace didn't pick Mitch in a bubble. The entire scouting and front office agreed he was the one to go after. So that would be an indictment on the whole kit and kaboodle not just Pace. Mind you the same people that have been helping him knock it out of the park on many of the rest of the picks. So there is that.

I actually think you are being fair. It is also why I have always said Trubisky is not going to be the determinant of Pace's fate so much as Nagy is. If Nagy shows he is a real NFL head coach and can scheme a quality offense, and Pace hired Nagy and Pace also can keep the defense top shelf, Pace is largely safe overall.

Mick will still be right in saying Pace can go fuck himself with the whole QB picking, and I would be uncomfortable without seeing CLEAR signs from ownership that Nagy is basically making the next QB call.

Hopefully this is all moot and Trubisky turns it ON next year. That would be so sweet.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If you read the signing Skrine thread, it is full of CCS optimism that Skrine was misused in NY by being asked to cover multiple positions and didn't fit the scheme there but he is tailor-made to be a NB for Pagano.

There was little evidence accompanying these claims as usual, but I agree: Skrine better clean up his game or it is another FA whiff by Pace.
I saw some dude break down a bunch of Skrine's plays on Twitter, it was remotely encouraging. I'll see if I can dig it up again.

Edit, here it is:
https://mobile.twitter.com/robertkschmitz/status/1105719810573377536?s=21

Also, from what I can gather it seems like a lot of his penalties came on the outside, and he's been much better at nickel. Guess we'll see.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Xero, you were not looking for qualifiers. You posed it as a yes or no question so why are you trying to over complicate things? Saying you are on the fence is not a yes or no.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Xero, you were not looking for qualifiers. You posed it as a yes or not question so why are you trying to over complicate things? Saying you are on the fence is not a yes or no.

If you put a gun to my head and said yes or no right now. Its barely a yes. Barely. That is all I was saying and I gave my reasoning but would be far more comfortable if Nagy had the larger input into who the pick would be.