HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I still don't think we would have gotten past the Patriots.

You're talking about the same team that only beat us because of two special teams touchdowns? Yeah. I think they could have made a much better game of it than the Rams did.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I believe we were a made FG away from the SB. I also think if our TE wasn't such a puss that would have helped too.
Saying the bears were a FG away from the super bowl is dumb.

Maybe a FG and 2 more playoff wins.

But counting those as automatic wins is Special person, regardless of the opponents.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

But counting those as automatic wins is Special person, regardless of the opponents.

Shut up botfly

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't understand how that was hating. If things have changed, it means they were being honest and Pace was a bit handcuffed.

Because it wasn’t always accurate. In large part because players go for money most of the time. A certain few, never said Pace was handcuffed. We all know there are overly negative people in every fan base. Not all of them are wrong of course. Then again, some of them are. Those are the ones I was speaking of.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Please, we scored 15 points, nine of them by Parkey.

Intercepted Foles twice and still lost.

^ agreed. Pendulum sure does swing, although I love the optimism, even if it is Kool-aid drinking. 2018 was basically the rookie year for this offense and while they got better, there's still more gears to shift into for this O. Nagy not being conservative and losing his winning ways in playoffs certainly is one. (he did that with KC in '17 too!)

and I do believe had as good a chance as any, if not better; it was by no means an automatic path to SB. I firmly believe Bears were a good match to beat LA & NO...NE too.

You're talking about the same team that only beat us because of two special teams touchdowns? Yeah. I think they could have made a much better game of it than the Rams did.

NE certainly got better since that close one. Bears did too. Would've been a great SB for sure. Cheers to the next one!

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
^ agreed. Pendulum sure does swing, although I love the optimism, even if it is Kool-aid drinking. 2018 was basically the rookie year for this offense and while they got better, there's still more gears to shift into for this O. Nagy not being conservative and losing his winning ways in playoffs certainly is one. (he did that with KC in '17 too!)

and I do believe had as good a chance as any, if not better; it was by no means an automatic path to SB. I firmly believe Bears were a good match to beat LA & NO...NE too.

NE certainly got better since that close one. Bears did too. Would've been a great SB for sure. Cheers to the next one!

Exactly. Trubisky has to step it up against winning teams. You can't disappear for a couple of quarters and expect to win. We are not going to play as many last place, cupcake teams next year. Our record maybe worse.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Oh Eddie about to get paid lol. When negotiations start he'll just show the Eagles game as the reason they need to keep him.

Whatever he wants we'll give it to him. I got no beef with that.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I still say that shit...those bs tosses would have been INTs...his back up was always a yard or two away

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
this whole line of thinking..."Parkey made more points than the offense"....uh....last I checked the FG kicker can only make a field goal when the offense penetrates far enough into opponent territory to get within range...so the offense IS responsible for the points from kicks....also if Allen Robinson drags his 2nd foot at the 4 yard line they win that game....but the REALLY ugly truth is that we now have a coach who got whacked from playoff games 2 years in a row who abandoned the run in the 2nd half of both games.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Not having Eddie Jackson didn't cost the Bears the Super Bowl. They didn't make the Super Bowl because the offense and special teams simply weren't good enough to do so. Parkey was a clown that should have been cut after the Miami game and the offense failed to score 20 points 7 times (when you back out defensive scoring). Both units have to improve this year if they are going to win a Super Bowl. Some regression from the defense is probably expected which makes it even more important that the offense and special teams perform better next season.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Well they were definitely a kicker away from advancing in the post-season. I think they would have beaten the Rams, but I'm not so sure about the Saints. I don't think they would have been able to do much on offense in that dome to keep up with Brees.

Just for kicks, I think the Bears would have won a Superbowl with a healthy Mike Brown and Tommie Harris in 06.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Exactly. Trubisky has to step it up against winning teams. You can't disappear for a couple of quarters and expect to win. We are not going to play as many last place, cupcake teams next year. Our record maybe worse.

You are all about Mitch. In another thread you pointed to not needing to be the guy not holding us back at him now that we have this great team around him.

The entire O needs to step up to the D. Not just Mitch. His catchers need to be available play like top starters instead of the backups they were. Robinson is the exception but he wasn't that #1 until the last few games. The OL needs to be a lot more coordinated and reliable as well. Fortunately, I think this will happen but the O wasn't all about Mitch. We didn't run well without the scrambles. We didn't run great routes. We didn't have a TE that both blocked well and threatened in the pass game. We didn't have that do all RB. All those things were works in progress and should improve this year along with Mitch, a more established O and hopefully a healthy line with a stronger better established Daniels. None of those aspects were bad (line kinda was at times) but all could have been and should be better.

These are not excuses for Mitch's play that was not as consistent as we hope it will become but better play all around is what will make that O step up. Mitch wasn't the only thing not yet firing on all cylinders.

Rainbow Rob

Liked Posts:
I believe we were a made FG away from the SB. I also think if our TE wasn't such a puss that would have helped too.

This forum seems great and all but eh.. Not a big fan of homophobic and sexist posts like this.

I'm not judging you. As the man upstairs says: "Judge not, that ye be not judged."

I just think we can all take a look in the mirror and continually look to better ourselves. I hope this message resonates with you.

Kind Regards,

Robert.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I agree, and Eddie Jackson was in uniform with his helmet on, waiting to get in the game, as well as played in the pro bowl two weeks later.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
This forum seems great and all but eh.. Not a big fan of homophobic and sexist posts like this.

I'm not judging you. As the man upstairs says: "Judge not, that ye be not judged."

I just think we can all take a look in the mirror and continually look to better ourselves. I hope this message resonates with you.

Kind Regards,

Robert.

Warden is actually the extreme opposite of a homophobe. Welcome by the way.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
If we had a decent HC or kicker we would have had the one seed.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can easily understand why HaHa would say Bears were an Eddie Jackson away from the SB. You can point to the shit Parkey and lack of offense with the shit QB but, make no mistake about it, Eddie Jackson was the Bears MVP of the 2018 season.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Eddie Jackson had some of the most spectacular plays but you can easily make an argument for Khalil Mack having as many or more impactful plays as well. Mack sped up the clock on a lot of our opponents giving the back end more chances at making plays but Eddie also is so athletically gifted and intelligent that he allows Fuller to be more aggressive at making plays on the ball. So both are quite damn impactful.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Mack is the MVP of the defense. There isn't a team in the league that would take Jackson over Mack. Not a single one. That is not meant as a dig at Jackson in any way, shape, or form.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Mack is the MVP of the defense. There isn't a team in the league that would take Jackson over Mack. Not a single one. That is not meant as a dig at Jackson in any way, shape, or form.
Everything happens up front. The trenches.