Why Houston should come here

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
What would be the most we could put up on a one-year deal? 10? 12?

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Today, OverTheCap gives the Bears $17.5 mil cap space...

The going rate for a general full draft was $3mil (maybe a little higher now). And $2 mil in reserves for the year in case you have to do an emergency signing. But Bears don't have a 1st or 2nd draft pick, so let's just est at $4 mil.
- $4 mil = $13.5 mil.

Bears need a Punter, Longsnapper and FG Kicker. They've signed a couple FG Kickers seen as competition, but may sign a FA. Bears may draft a FG Kicker.
Avg $ for Punter is $3.9 mil
Avg $ for LS is $1 mil
Avg $ FGK is $1.88
Let's just call this ST= $6 mil
- $6 mil = $7.5 mil

Any extensions? That would suck up the $7.5 mil pretty quick. They're going to do Floyd (Windy can comment on any 2019 cap cost). But let's say Bears do no extensions that eat 2019 cap.

---- So $7.5 mil for a 3rd OLB is the high-end and conservative available amount.

Say Bears draft a FG Kicker, sign a LS and Punter a bit cheaper for $4, and throw caution to the wind and leave almost no reserves for 2019, up the amount to $9.5 mil as the WTF How-can-they-do-that maximum amount.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe they can ? re-structure ? someone, anyone and guarantee money that comes due in 2020 / 21 ?? I absolutely do not follow CAP like some people here on CCS
BUT, I live by the motto
"Where there's a will there's a way"

....maybe Fuller can get restructured ? or Goldman or Hicks ?? IDK

whatabout TE Anxiety and Taylor / Robinson

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Frontload him. Pay him now if we have too, look at what the rams did just hours after I made my "over the top defense" topic. If we don't get Houston then forgot about it...Rams D is just looking way to scary to me at the moment.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Frontload him. Pay him now if we have too, look at what the rams did just hours after I made my "over the top defense" topic. If we don't get Houston then forgot about it...Rams D is just looking way to scary to me at the moment.

Lol rams defense was average at best last season and lost Suh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Lol rams defense was average at best last season and lost Suh

"at the moment" bro.. and besides, don't act like you wasn't worried about that Rams Defense WEEK 14 last season.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
"at the moment" bro.. and besides, don't act like you wasn't worried about that Rams Defense WEEK 14 last season.

I was more worried about Gurley and Goff having a field day with us to be honest with you. And “at the moment” they’ve done nothing to make anybody thinking their defense will be better than average

Porkchop

Liked Posts:

Scary after what? They lost Suh and replaced him with Clay Matthews, who is 33, often injured and coming off the worst season of his career.

The Rams should have a good defense, but the Bears were better last year and they are still better this year, and I'd say improved more than the Rams did. Losing Suh hurts a lot, because now the Rams have a huge hole in the middle of their line. He may not get the praise he deserves, but Eddie Goldman has been the glue of the Bears defensive front. Having a quality NT is paramount to fielding a legit defense. If the Rams can't find a solution to that, they are going to be considerably weaker.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Today, OverTheCap gives the Bears $17.5 mil cap space...

The going rate for a general full draft was $3mil (maybe a little higher now). And $2 mil in reserves for the year in case you have to do an emergency signing. But Bears don't have a 1st or 2nd draft pick, so let's just est at $4 mil.
- $4 mil = $13.5 mil.

Bears need a Punter, Longsnapper and FG Kicker. They've signed a couple FG Kickers seen as competition, but may sign a FA. Bears may draft a FG Kicker.
Avg $ for Punter is $3.9 mil
Avg $ for LS is $1 mil
Avg $ FGK is $1.88
Let's just call this ST= $6 mil
- $6 mil = $7.5 mil

Any extensions? That would suck up the $7.5 mil pretty quick. They're going to do Floyd (Windy can comment on any 2019 cap cost). But let's say Bears do no extensions that eat 2019 cap.

---- So $7.5 mil for a 3rd OLB is the high-end and conservative available amount.

Say Bears draft a FG Kicker, sign a LS and Punter a bit cheaper for $4, and throw caution to the wind and leave almost no reserves for 2019, up the amount to $9.5 mil as the WTF How-can-they-do-that maximum amount.

The odds of Houston coming here then are real slim. I can't see the Bears wanting to commit to him long term and I don't think a 1 yr - 7.5 million contract gets it done.