Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Okay, you think money is the one and only factor in where a player signs. That is obviously incorrect, but sure, run with that bit of nonsense.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
You know, I don't actually think that what these players negotiate is as much financial as it is about pecking order status. Others reasons for destination besides dollar amount are fit and environment.

Its all a part of it. They have lawyers, financial advisors and a host of family/friends that want to make sure player X keeps his money (and their freeloading) high and tight. An extra 46K on every million does add up.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
yeah...remember all those years when Pace didn't sign any FAs?

Post #29! Post #63!

This whole narrative of NFL players signing with 'preferred' teams for less money is the exception, not the rule. That is all I am saying. I only have about 30 years of NFL free agency data to back up my claim.

Yeah no one argued it was the rule. The OP never said that nor did anyone in this thread. So again all you did is be purposefully obtuse regarding the point and then when called out on that fact, you created a strawman to refute.

Please quote the posts prior to post 29 and 63 where anyone said NFL players signing with preferred teams for less money is the rule?

Cool. So Leveon Bell and CJ Mosley wanted to play for the Jets....the money was just an added bonus. Gotcha! Landon Collins wanted to play in Washington DC, so he signed a blank contract and let Snyder fill in the amount. Great! I heard viewing the Declaration of Independence in person is so much different than just seeing it in a textbook.

And this is where your being obtuse comes on. The OP was referring to the Bears not the Jets or Skins. Further, once again no one ever claimed it was all players or even most players that do this. So who are you actually debating with?

Everywhere you go, strawmen seem to follow.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Players go where the money is. I’ve honestly not heard a player demand more from a team because they were bad. We as fans sometimes make that inference because of contracts given out. Usually it is the bad teams trying to pay for talent.

HHCD probably came here because he will be surrounded by a great defense and earn a better contract because of it.

I guess you could infer Chicago is a “destination” from that.

At the end of the day it is mostly about money.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Players go where the money is. At the end of the day it is mostly about money.

Well at least you are willing to admit is about more than just money, baby steps. Better than Rory.

Okay, you think money is the one and only factor in where a player signs. That is obviously incorrect, but sure, run with that bit of nonsense.

The idea that money is the only consideration where every NFL FA signs is laughable.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Well at least you are willing to admit is about more than just money, baby steps. Better than Rory.

The idea that money is the only consideration where every NFL FA signs is laughable.

Money is usually the major factor when going to a crappy organization

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Money is usually the major factor when going to a crappy organization

Or lack of options, the good organizations don't want them. That's why it was so critical that Nagy turned things around so fast, break that cycle.

We suck so a lot of good players don't want to come here, so we suck, so a lot of good players...

Bad teams are forced overpay for average players. A few years ago nobody wanted to play for the Rams, Jeff Fisher, team sucked, St. Louis. Now, LA, team is ready to win, great young coach.

Teams have been stuck in the failure cycle for decades, it is nice to be a fan of a team that is finally gotten out of that shit.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Ryan Fatzpatrick went to the Dolphins because he could start there

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
And yet another reason other than money to sign.

or was he offered the most money to sign their because they wanted him to start.....that may have been his highest offer.