Rapoport: Chicago is a Destination

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ian Rapoport was on Bernstein and McKnight last week [March 14th] and was talking about Chicago,

-Chicago is a destination for free agents

-Players are very high on the culture

-Players love the vibe of Nagy and Pace

-They have a reputation in the league of being straight shooters and of looking after there players

-Offered Callahan a really good contract at the end of the season, the Bears did not feel they could continue to wait on Callahan to decide

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Would be curious to how that contract compared to the DEN one.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ian Rapoport was on Bernstein and McKnight last week [March 14th] and was talking about Chicago,

-They have a reputation in the league of being straight shooters and of looking after there players

-Offered Callahan a really good contract at the end of the season, the Bears did not feel they could continue to wait on Callahan to decide

This last one is hard to count in their favor... do we even know the contract details he was offered?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Well I was told players just fell into Pace's lap

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
What team isn't a destination for free agents? Sounds like something remydat would say.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Well shit i can add this to the "R.Pace good or bad GM" thread. He's done something fans were screaming for for years and changed the culture of our team.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Technically, Antonio Brown wasn't a FA when he declined to play there

I know. Im going off experience of being there myself. Aint shit in buffalo but a path to Canada

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
What team isn't a destination for free agents? Sounds like something remydat would say.

Before the naggy hire players were declining better offers from us to go to other teams. We were paying tier three players tier one money to come here.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Apparently you haven’t followed the board very long. For the few years I have been here, Chicago NOT being a place players want to go has been the montra of several more negative posters.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Well shit i can add this to the "R.Pace good or bad GM" thread. He's done something fans were screaming for for years and changed the culture of our team.

dabears70 good or bad poster thread

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I get what you are saying, but all things being pretty close or equal contract wise, I would assume that things like team culture / a better chance to get a ring / the place you have to live / etc would all be factors that could tip the decision.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Apparently you haven’t followed the board very long. For the few years I have been here, Chicago NOT being a place players want to go has been the montra of several more negative posters.

Team culture matters. Are you a bulls fan? They are the greatest example of a terrible team culture that turns potential fa off to joining the team.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is the CCS a destination for intelligent forum posters?

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Team culture matters. Are you a bulls fan? They are the greatest example of a terrible team culture that turns potential fa off to joining the team.

Not an NBA fan, so no. But I have read and heard enough to get your point.