Unpopular opinion (apparently??) - The Bears are NOT Superbowl contenders yet.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
2HM is less Snorchy than SHM imo
If we could being back Snorch, we'd all be healing together right now.

Instead some people are so f***ing mad and that's not great.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If we could being back Snorch, we'd all be healing together right now.

Instead some people are so f***ing mad and that's not great.

So much good comes out of this thread. Not sure there is some animosity. I guess impatience to get this season started already.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
So much good comes out of this thread. Not sure there is some animosity. I guess impatience to get this season started already.

This thread is funny as hell. And I am sure there is some animosity here and could not possible give the least amount of fucks than I already do.

The coming season's arrival time is perfectly acceptable to me.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears are most certainly SuperBowl contenders provided that they have a good season next year.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Op is on point, y’all lucky if ya win the division. I have inside knowledge and Trubs is eating cheeseburgers and pussy. Only one is keto

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

y'all forgot about ketchup and titties

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Technically, isn't everyone a Super Bowl contender until they are eliminated from the playoffs?

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Technically, isn't everyone a Super Bowl contender until they are eliminated from the playoffs?

Fuck yeah!

Just kidding. You are right in that each team has a mathematical chance but it seems silly to talk about the Bills or the Cardinals as "contenders".

Without any knowledge at all, you would be technically and fully correct but if calculated correctly, the odds will reveal not all teams are equal in talent/coaching etc leading to not all teams being equally likely to win it all.

I don't know all the factors in handicapping likelihood of winning the Super Bowl (if I did, I would live in Vegas with a bigger income I'd imagine), but I will link the odds figured by Oddshark for last year's playoff teams after the WC round and you will see the numbers are adjusted for the issues and analysis of the issues each playoff team faced.

I am sure Vegas has their own reasons they keep to themselves while Oddshark tends to post their odds and reasoning.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...wn-the-chances-of-every-remaining-team#slide0

NOTE: Bleacher Report copied and pasted Oddshark and I can't open the Oddshark site at work.

So yeah, before the season starts everyone has a shot but still they are not at all equally likely contenders and in my experience, the vernacular use of "contender" tends to really only give nod to the top 5-7 likely contenders or thereabouts.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fuck yeah!

Just kidding. You are right in that each team has a mathematical chance but it seems silly to talk about the Bills or the Cardinals as "contenders".

Without any knowledge at all, you would be technically and fully correct but if calculated correctly, the odds will reveal not all teams are equal in talent/coaching etc leading to not all teams being equally likely to win it all.

I don't know all the factors in handicapping likelihood of winning the Super Bowl (if I did, I would live in Vegas with a bigger income I'd imagine), but I will link the odds figured by Oddshark for last year's playoff teams after the WC round and you will see the numbers are adjusted for the issues and analysis of the issues each playoff team faced.

I am sure Vegas has their own reasons they keep to themselves while Oddshark tends to post their odds and reasoning.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...wn-the-chances-of-every-remaining-team#slide0

NOTE: Bleacher Report copied and pasted Oddshark and I can't open the Oddshark site at work.

So yeah, before the season starts everyone has a shot but still they are not at all equally likely contenders and in my experience, the vernacular use of "contender" tends to really only give nod to the top 5-7 likely contenders or thereabouts.

Thanks

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Seriously, your sarcastic comment aside (which was funny), I find the analysis of odds fascinating and Oddsharks is (was?) one place that gave their analysis along with their odds unlike Vegas. I think they may have gone under though.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
The Bears are most certainly SuperBowl contenders provided that they have a good season next year.

This is a statement @dabears70 would say