Unpopular opinion (apparently??) - The Bears are NOT Superbowl contenders yet.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Not sure what page but im pretty sure someone said the Rams weren't a contender last year.
Honestly, the level of parity is one of my favorite things about the NFL, and kind of renders the whole "contender" conversation moot for the most part. Of course you have stalwarts, like the Patriots, but every season there are surprise "contenders", and teams that completely fall of the cliff that were super competitive the year before. That said, I do feel like the Bears are in good position to push for the next season or two. Barring injuries. They were very fortunate last season in that respect.

blinddeafmute

Liked Posts:
Well, look at the Marquette/Murray State spread , a 5 seed against a 12, and Marquette is favored by 4 lol. You believe that the line makers made that spread to bring in even betting? They are suckering you into taking Marquette.

What the fug does Marquette/Murray state have to do with this?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Odd considering Lewis Riddick pegged us for the Super Bowl and we dominated the Rams on D.

The only team that should worry anyone is the Pats. No other team has proven to be a consistent winner and they all can be got.

I’m not falling for your vortex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm just going to go ahead and post this again since you cannot answer.

"I wonder how many teams over the last five years had prior losing seasons, made playoffs, and then dropped back into the garbage bin.

Mind looking that one up for me, Mitch?"

If the Bears suck this next season that will be relevant. Until then.....Why? Probably a bunch? Is that what you see happening? Based on what?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Honestly, the level of parity is one of my favorite things about the NFL, and kind of renders the whole "contender" conversation moot for the most part. Of course you have stalwarts, like the Patriots, but every season there are surprise "contenders", and teams that completely fall of the cliff that were super competitive the year before. That said, I do feel like the Bears are in good position to push for the next season or two. Barring injuries. They were very fortunate last season in that respect.

I think what people need to understand is that Matt Nagy has lost every single Playoff game he has gone to with the exception of one 4 years ago, when he was just a QB coach. He needs to show he can win a few playoff games before he is ready for a superbowl.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Agreed. Never know who the "contenders" are until the games are played.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think what people need to understand is that Matt Nagy has lost every single Playoff game he has gone to with the exception of one 4 years ago, when he was just a QB coach. He needs to show he can win a few playoff games before he is ready for a superbowl.

How many? I just want to know so i know if its worth watching this season. Thanks in advance.

blinddeafmute

Liked Posts:
If the Bears suck this next season that will be relevant. Until then.....Why? Probably a bunch? Is that what you see happening? Based on what?

IDK... based on statistical data that shows that most teams with losing records that get into the playoffs and then lose in the first round aren't superbowl contenders the next year. This is a fact! Unlike what @Midway Mitch wants to portray.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm just going to go ahead and post this again since you cannot answer.

"I wonder how many teams over the last five years had prior losing seasons, made playoffs, and then dropped back into the garbage bin.

Mind looking that one up for me, Mitch?"

Jacksonville Jaguars off top of my head

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
IDK... based on statistical data that shows that most teams with losing records that get into the playoffs and then lose in the first round aren't superbowl contenders the next year. This is a fact! Unlike what @Midway Mitch wants to portray.

So????Thats what you see happening because the statistical data? What else do they tell you?

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Usually when Vegas holds a strange line they know something we don't know. That or some dumbass threw a ton of money on the underdog.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Who wants to watch something if you already know the end game. Doomed!
I dont think anyone is saying they are doomed lol calm down. I think ppl just arent using the term SB contenders because it's too early to really be narrowing it down to much and if u dont narrow it down enough then what's ththe point, like i said, the BROWNS are considered contenders by Vegas
Are we going to talk about the bears and the browns in the same conversation?