Trout Signs 12/430

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My only hesitation on Baez is I'd like to see if he can maintain his 2018 season. If he does, then I'd have no trouble with the contract you suggested.

Reality is this is an overall good thing for baseball. Houston did this with Altuve. Now LAA with Trout. I think the more you can get teams signing their top young players to long term deals, the better. Now if the lesser market teams can step up their game in that department.

Read an article on CBS talking about the Cubs season being a pivotal one and he talked about Baez. To sum it up, he is not sure why people keep thinking he is going to regress. He has grown every year and his numbers last year were consistent most of the year. He didnt have a ridiculous stretch at any point. His BAPIP wasnt overly high. What he did was not strikeout as much. His D and base running is spectacular. His power was always there and he has as much talent as any one in the league.

He is never going to be a high contact guy. I think people need to get over that fact. His ceiling has always been MVP.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
You'd think the Angels would have learned their lesson after Pujols. It's an athlete playing in a human meat suit....as we've seen many times in the past....success can be fleeting.

He will be 38 when the contract is up. He could conceivably get another contract in a league with a DH. lol Trump is better than Pujols ever was and didnt lie about his age when he came over. I still believe Pujols is 3 to 4 years older then he says.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Read an article on CBS talking about the Cubs season being a pivotal one and he talked about Baez. To sum it up, he is not sure why people keep thinking he is going to regress. He has grown every year and his numbers last year were consistent most of the year. He didnt have a ridiculous stretch at any point. His BAPIP wasnt overly high. What he did was not strikeout as much. His D and base running is spectacular. His power was always there and he has as much talent as any one in the league.

He is never going to be a high contact guy. I think people need to get over that fact. His ceiling has always been MVP.

Like I said. If he takes 8/176 sold. His D and power pays it. If you were to add OBA then his value goes to 35M AAV.

Baez brings that much where you really don't concern your self over his lackings. Because if he shores up those then you are looking at Machado or more.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He will be 38 when the contract is up. He could conceivably get another contract in a league with a DH. lol Trump is better than Pujols ever was and didnt lie about his age when he came over. I still believe Pujols is 3 to 4 years older then he says.

That was not my point. I mentioned Pujols from being on the same team and that Omy brought his name into play. There have been quite a few others....one right here in Chicago. Contracts so huge that they become team killers if they don't work out. Who knows, maybe he will be fine....but there is no locked in stone age when skills begin to deteriorate.

We'll see how it plays out.

Castor76

Liked Posts:

I say it because I've always been a "can you do it again" guy. Most anyone can have a single good/great year. Not that I'm a GM, but if Iwere to sign a guy to a long deal, I'd want to know the guy could put up the numbers more than once.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Considering he posted 64 fWAR over their control I see this as reimbursement
Doubt that what the Angels will be thinking when at ages 34-42 his defense in CF declines, he barely steals bases, his power declines, etc etc etc and they have 36 mil tied up in him...

Why im saying teams like the cubs who has those type of young players now , will or should be offering up those long term deals now to lock them in past age 30+ and teams like the whitesox(who better hope a couple of their young hitters excels) that loaded up more on pitching in the recent drafts are going to be stuck overpaying for FA hitters over 30 in next few years...

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
It an extension which starts in 2021, he still has this year and next on current contract

No, it starts now. He is signed now through the 2030 season which will make him 38 turning 39 when season ends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chibears55

Liked Posts:
No, it starts now. He is signed now through the 2030 season which will make him 38 turning 39 when season ends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah i saw something on it..

It basically a 10 yr 360+ deal that kicks in after these next 2 yrs..

Kinda dumb to call it a 12 yr deal

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
All it takes is one crazy owner to make every player in this league feel underpaid.

So many kick in the nuts like 900K per home run. 222k per game, but then they say 3000 per hour so I guess that was Man-fried expecting trout to go 24/7 promoting the game.

With three years til the Pujols money still in place, they might be able to try to put a team around him in 2022.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
All it takes is one crazy owner to make every player in this league feel underpaid.

So many kick in the nuts like 900K per home run. 222k per game, but then they say 3000 per hour so I guess that was Man-fried expecting trout to go 24/7 promoting the game.

With three years til the Pujols money still in place, they might be able to try to put a team around him in 2022.

Trout put up 2× the fWAR that Machado and Harper did. If you combined both it was less. He posted a 197 wRC+ which is basically what 2 avg every day starters produce.

If anything he is underpaid.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Add to it the whole notion of him being a decline risk is stupid as fuck also.

Pujos was never caught and most likely went clean before he he did. His numbers never reached what he did in STL. That was the same time when MLB started going after the players with tests.

It was more than age. It was a loss of a artificial boost.

Trout is naturally that talented. He can lose 1/2 of his talent and still equal Machado...

That is why it is fucking stupid to question the contract.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Trout put up 2× the fWAR that Machado and Harper did. If you combined both it was less. He posted a 197 wRC+ which is basically what 2 avg every day starters produce.

If anything he is underpaid.

I am not complaining, maybe you just constantly feel you need to correct me or take the opposite view. World series rings are not a priority with him.