Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mike Trout will roughly make:<br>-$222,222 per regular season game.<br>-$66,978 per AB.<br>-$24,691 per inning.<br>-$1,645 per pitch for the next 12 years. <a href="https://t.co/CmNmNJEkrS">pic.twitter.com/CmNmNJEkrS</a></p>— Baseball Bros (@BaseballBros) <a href="https://twitter.com/BaseballBros/status/1108016043866222592?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 19, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Free Agency about to disappear

Teams are going to have to start growing their own and extending them

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Double whammy we'd love to see: Angels lock up Trout for entire career and get comp from Philly for Harper's tampering. :)

CSF77

Liked Posts:
You never say no to 35.8M per. Over 12 years.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I'm the Cubs I'm extending Bryant 10/300 this off season. Baez 8/176 offer. I wouldn't go past that. 22/ on Baez is fair for his talent. 30/ Bryant is very fair. Rizzo I would let go to F/A. Give Bryant 1B and move Baez to 3B post. I would retain the controlled years up until then. Not needed to push him out.

MI they have. Nico and Ademan so IMO keep the younger guys at the pivot and the vets on the corners. Keep injury risk down

Castor76

Liked Posts:
Good on both the Angels and Trout. Time to back up the truck for Bryant and maybe Baez.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Good on both the Angels and Trout. Time to back up the truck for Bryant and maybe Baez.

Absolutely on both. They have some decent youth upcoming up the middle and at catcher. But as far as pure RH power not so much.

I would upscale to shed Rizzo and Lester. Heyward they are stuck for 4 years at next off season. I really don't see them getting out of it before then.

Now as far as Contreras is concerned I wouldn't over pay. If he is looking payday then trade when Amaya is ready. IMO moving Contreras to RF and Heyward to CF would be a decent in-house solution in 2 years. Amaya should be at A+ this year and we could expect a 3 year period. As a framer he is considered better than avg. Arm is Avg. Bat is above avg. So they could end up trading Contreras and promoting Amaya to find pay roll relief to absorb Baez and Bryant's upscale.

Castor76

Liked Posts:
Absolutely on both. They have some decent youth upcoming up the middle and at catcher. But as far as pure RH power not so much.

I would upscale to shed Rizzo and Lester. Heyward they are stuck for 4 years at next off season. I really don't see them getting out of it before then.

Now as far as Contreras is concerned I wouldn't over pay. If he is looking payday then trade when Amaya is ready. IMO moving Contreras to RF and Heyward to CF would be a decent in-house solution in 2 years. Amaya should be at A+ this year and we could expect a 3 year period. As a framer he is considered better than avg. Arm is Avg. Bat is above avg. So they could end up trading Contreras and promoting Amaya to find pay roll relief to absorb Baez and Bryant's upscale.

My only hesitation on Baez is I'd like to see if he can maintain his 2018 season. If he does, then I'd have no trouble with the contract you suggested.

Reality is this is an overall good thing for baseball. Houston did this with Altuve. Now LAA with Trout. I think the more you can get teams signing their top young players to long term deals, the better. Now if the lesser market teams can step up their game in that department.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Contracts dont add to a players status. Ask Pujios

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

you lose me usually, but can you please stop with the Heyward in center crap. He is below average in center and Contrares fits in right just because he has an arm? If they cubs liked what they saw from Heyward in center in spring training his first year, they would have passed on fowler.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
My only hesitation on Baez is I'd like to see if he can maintain his 2018 season. If he does, then I'd have no trouble with the contract you suggested.

Reality is this is an overall good thing for baseball. Houston did this with Altuve. Now LAA with Trout. I think the more you can get teams signing their top young players to long term deals, the better. Now if the lesser market teams can step up their game in that department.

His D and power is worth 22M AAV alone

CSF77

Liked Posts:
you lose me usually, but can you please stop with the Heyward in center crap. He is below average in center and Contrares fits in right just because he has an arm? If they cubs liked what they saw from Heyward in center in spring training his first year, they would have passed on fowler.

Contreras came up as a 3B. He was pushed into Catching later. Him and Schwarber swapped LF and catcher while at AA. When he broke into the majors it was at LF not Catcher because of So Schwarber and Soler's injuries. He was pushed into Catching because Of his ability to contain running in 2016. Lester and Arreta were poor at containing it.

But Contreras was never brought up as a catcher. He was converted. I see him as a great athlete playing the roll vs a great catcher.

Heyward is avg or above as a CF. He is not a liability there. If he was than Joe would NEVER play him there. Fact is his DRS is superior to Happ there and JOE PLAYS Ian there.

Don't over rate D.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Anyways.

Cubs lose control of Baez, Bryant, Russell and Schwarber the same year. Rizzo has 2 ops that end control the same year.

Past that time they would have 1 year of control on both Almora and Contreras.

With that many die at the same time there is no way that they retain all.

I see it as Ademan, Nico and Amaya are the top 3 position players. So it makes sense to utilize them for cost reduction over the next 3 years. Nico should be in AA at min. Ademan IMO could use 1/2 year repeating A+ and Amaya should be the starter at MB also. It really lines them up to in house replace Zobrist and Russell. I really don't see them holding onto Russell after Nico promotes. The fact that they are working on his throws at SS to keep him on position is telling on their adjenda

The adjenda being Baez is not a every day SS. Russell is but they dont want to pay him what Boras wants so what we are seeing is lip service while they build up trade value.

Rizzo has lost fWAR every year and is trending down. I see him looking at a last payday. I do not see the Cubs meeting his demands. Sure if he took another discount on top of the one he did for Theo sure. But I just do not see this as a viable situation from both sides.

Add to it if they are going to pay market it will be on a player that has put up a 6+ fWAR season. Then to protect him 1B is a smarter choice over 3B or a corner OF spot that risks leg injury.

Baez is a better defender than Bryant at 3B. Add to it 3B>1B in terms of value. So Baez>Rizzo if looking at player weight.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Angels will be paying him 36 mil per from Age 30 to 44..lol

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Contracts dont add to a players status. Ask Pujios

You'd think the Angels would have learned their lesson after Pujols. It's an athlete playing in a human meat suit....as we've seen many times in the past....success can be fleeting.