Trout Signs 12/430

Castor76

Liked Posts:
Didn't Alex admit it?

AFAIK, he admitted to taking steroids with Texas, before they were banned, but not after then. I could be wrong, but I don't think he admitted to anything after then.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Once Bonds and Clemens get in, all that took and has numbers to be in will get in eventually

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Sosa was not at Congress? He was not quiet?

Again, I have Sosa in, so quit asking me why he's out.

He was there but he was never indited. If it doesn't fit, you must acquit.

Or so they say.

Again do I feel did they do it? Yes. They were not involved in this scandal. That doesn't mean that they never did it. It just means that they were never caught doing it.

But by that logic if Pujos is clean because of this reasoning then Sosa is also and both should go in to the Hall.

That is why I believe this is fed by bias.

Sammy doesn't have to admit to shit. He was never found guilty. Why would he do it? Because Mac did? No he doesn't have to. Bonds was indited in the report. Clements and others. Sammy was guild by association because he was good. Not because he was on a report.

So at least we both agree that Sammy has been treated unjustly.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Once Bonds and Clemens get in, all that took and has numbers to be in will get in eventually

They both were on the report.

Peter Magowan said in an interview that during a phone conversation he once asked Barry Bonds if he took steroids. Bonds replied that he used a substance for sleeping problems and arthritis. Magowan says Bonds claimed he did not try to hide his use of the substance from the rest of his team.[8]

Did not play in Major leagues following 2007 season. See also Barry Bonds perjury case.

Interviews with José Canseco and trainer Brian McNamee stated that Clemens used human growth hormone, Deca-Durabolin, Winstrol, Sustanon, and possibly Anadrol, during the 1998, 2000, and 2001 MLB seasons, some of which he obtained through McNamee from Radomski. Radomski corroborated these allegations as far as to say that he sold performance-enhancing drugs to McNamee in amounts that were clearly for redistribution. Clemens declined interview.[28]

On December 18, Clemens (through his agent) denied taking steroids, human growth hormone, or any other banned substance(s) in his life. He stated that his opinion of such substances were "a dangerous and destructive shortcut that no athlete should ever take." Clemens said he would publicly address all of Mitchell's questions at the appropriate time.[29]
On December 23, Clemens issued an unconditional denial through YouTube.[30]

Clemens told his side of the story in an interview on CBS' "60 Minutes" that aired on January 6, 2008. Furthermore, Clemens' attorney's law firm is conducting its own investigation into the allegations.[31] On the night that the 60 Minutes interview aired, Clemens filed a defamation suit against McNamee in a Texas state court, and one of McNamee's attorneys responded by saying that McNamee would likely countersue in New York.[32]

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
But by that logic if Pujos is clean because of this reasoning then Sosa is also and both should go in to the Hall.

Nope. Not the same. No one said they have the goods on Albert like they did with Sosa.
Albert was never called to Congress.
Albert never lost his English
And above all of that....Albert is way better than Sammy.

That said, yes both deserve to be in and I think Sammy has been treated poorly by the writers.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
They both were on the report.

Peter Magowan said in an interview that during a phone conversation he once asked Barry Bonds if he took steroids. Bonds replied that he used a substance for sleeping problems and arthritis. Magowan says Bonds claimed he did not try to hide his use of the substance from the rest of his team.[8]

Did not play in Major leagues following 2007 season. See also Barry Bonds perjury case.

Interviews with José Canseco and trainer Brian McNamee stated that Clemens used human growth hormone, Deca-Durabolin, Winstrol, Sustanon, and possibly Anadrol, during the 1998, 2000, and 2001 MLB seasons, some of which he obtained through McNamee from Radomski. Radomski corroborated these allegations as far as to say that he sold performance-enhancing drugs to McNamee in amounts that were clearly for redistribution. Clemens declined interview.[28]

On December 18, Clemens (through his agent) denied taking steroids, human growth hormone, or any other banned substance(s) in his life. He stated that his opinion of such substances were "a dangerous and destructive shortcut that no athlete should ever take." Clemens said he would publicly address all of Mitchell's questions at the appropriate time.[29]
On December 23, Clemens issued an unconditional denial through YouTube.[30]

Clemens told his side of the story in an interview on CBS' "60 Minutes" that aired on January 6, 2008. Furthermore, Clemens' attorney's law firm is conducting its own investigation into the allegations.[31] On the night that the 60 Minutes interview aired, Clemens filed a defamation suit against McNamee in a Texas state court, and one of McNamee's attorneys responded by saying that McNamee would likely countersue in New York.[32]
I obviously know that and didn't need a background on it..

Just saying once they get in and they will eventually, the dominos will fall and other will get in too

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Nope. Not the same. No one said they have the goods on Albert like they did with Sosa.
Albert was never called to Congress.
Albert never lost his English
And above all of that....Albert is way better than Sammy.

That said, yes both deserve to be in and I think Sammy has been treated poorly by the writers.

Sammy had probably the best 4 year run in the history of the game. 3 60 HR seasons is crazy.

That said I do think that these guys were jacked up and MLB was raking in the cash along the ride. Thus is like pro wrestling crap and it came crashing down with Cacenco's book.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
So how does a 32 YO player go from a 3.3 WAR player to a .5 the same year random testing starts? And it never looked the same after.

And we are talking about a player that came into the league putting up 7WAR as a rookie and sustained it for 10 years.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
So how does a 32 YO player go from a 3.3 WAR player to a .5 the same year random testing starts? And it never looked the same after.

And we are talking about a player that came into the league putting up 7WAR as a rookie and sustained it for 10 years.
Age thanks to not taking drugs???

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Age thanks to not taking drugs???

Doubtful.

1. 32 YO. not old. If this was 35-36 and he fell into a hole then I would buy that

2. Happened at the exact time PED were random tested. That is suspect alone.

3. He came into the league as a 7 WAR player as a rookie. There was no adjustment period. If that was natural then there would not have been a sharp drop off at 32 YO. It would have been gradual because that is how nature works. Not raging river to Niagra falls.

4. That was the nature of the business at that time. His peers were doing it. They got caught and to think he was just God's gift to baseball is asanine.

I trust Trout in being legit. Because he came up in a random testing era.

Pujus put up his HOF case pre random testing and did not after. It is simple as that.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
He was there but he was never indited. If it doesn't fit, you must acquit.

Or so they say.

Again do I feel did they do it? Yes. They were not involved in this scandal. That doesn't mean that they never did it. It just means that they were never caught doing it.

That is why I believe this is fed by bias.

Sammy doesn't have to admit to shit. He was never found guilty. Why would he do it? Because Mac did? No he doesn't have to. Bonds was indited in the report. Clements and others. Sammy was guild by association because he was good. Not because he was on a report.

Lmao this post isn't even close to English.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Doubtful.

1. 32 YO. not old. If this was 35-36 and he fell into a hole then I would buy that

2. Happened at the exact time PED were random tested. That is suspect alone.

3. He came into the league as a 7 WAR player as a rookie. There was no adjustment period. If that was natural then there would not have been a sharp drop off at 32 YO. It would have been gradual because that is how nature works. Not raging river to Niagra falls.

4. That was the nature of the business at that time. His peers were doing it. They got caught and to think he was just God's gift to baseball is asanine.

I trust Trout in being legit. Because he came up in a random testing era.

Pujus put up his HOF case pre random testing and did not after. It is simple as that.

1. Sure, again no drugs to keep him healthy like others
2. Again no causation shown
3. You don't know that. You are speculating
4. No it's not. Generation talent comes along every ...well generation

And yet in the post era people are still doing it and still masking it.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts: