Where Would Khalil Mack Be Drafted If He Came Out this Year?

jive

Liked Posts:
Since our first round draft pick for 2019 is Khalil Mack, I wonder where he would be drafted if he came out this year.
I think he would be a top 5 pick, if not 1st overall.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
He would be drafted in Nashville.

blinddeafmute

Liked Posts:
I dont think it would hurt his value much. He might drop a few spots, but that's it. There was that one gay dude a few years ago that was drafted by the Rams and he was pretty bad at football.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I dont think it would hurt his value much. He might drop a few spots, but that's it.

Not too sure about that. Mack is a great talent, but being drafted at 28 years old could knock him out of the first round IMO.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Since our first round draft pick for 2019 is Khalil Mack, I wonder where he would be drafted if he came out this year.
I think he would be a top 5 pick, if not 1st overall.

On the rookie scale knowing what is known now about him #1 overall no question. Even at his age.

If you add the huge contract, having to swap a 1st for a 2nd next year, and give up a 3rd. Not so sure.

blinddeafmute

Liked Posts:
Not too sure about that. Mack is a great talent, but being drafted at 28 years old could knock him out of the first round IMO.

That's true. I guess I was focusing too much on him opening up about his homosexuality to focus on the age aspect. You gotta admire a guy that stays in college long enough to get his doctorate before entering the NFL. It's a pretty big risk to wait so long after your college eligibility has expired.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Jesus Christ he is a HOF talent at the 2nd most important position in football.

Just because some mouth breathers think that signing 4 mediocre talents is the same as having a HOF player does not mean that it is something we need to think about.

This game is won by top end players, not by having a team of over paid mid level guys.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Op is so specific based on what he did in college or based on knowing what he’s become?

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Yearly CCS sentiment..."If Jay Cutler was in this year's draft, he'd be the first QB taken!!"

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Yearly CCS sentiment..."If Jay Cutler was in this year's draft, he'd be the first QB taken!!"

Seems perfectly reasonable for the franchise leader in all-time passing yards and passing TDs. He is our QB1 on the modern era all-time Bears team and you don't wait for the later rounds to get the all-time franchise QB, duh.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If he "Came Out" , he'd be drafted by the Y.M.C.A.

Rainbow Rob

Liked Posts:
Honestly if Khalil came out this year:

1. I'd probably lose my mind in excitement and try really hard to get first dibs on dating him.

2. He probably wouldn't be drafted at all. The league is racist, homophobic and downright shitty and it's pretty fucking vile to see.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

So you though we got totally ripped off and should only have offered a 2nd?

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Honestly if Khalil came out this year:

1. I'd probably lose my mind in excitement and try really hard to get first dibs on dating him.

2. He probably wouldn't be drafted at all. The league is racist, homophobic and downright shitty and it's pretty fucking vile to see.

How is it racist? They let a couple white people play...

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
So you though we got totally ripped off and should only have offered a 2nd?
No. That is working on the OP's theory if Mack was just coming out in this draft as opposed to the draft he actually came out of. A 28 year old rookie may put off some GMs.