My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Well...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Brewers In Talks With Craig Kimbrel <a href="https://t.co/CZSwzOfIOP">https://t.co/CZSwzOfIOP</a> <a href="https://t.co/R1agpW1QeJ">pic.twitter.com/R1agpW1QeJ</a></p>— MLB Trade Rumors (@mlbtraderumors) <a href="https://twitter.com/mlbtraderumors/status/1108182331309867009?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 20, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Too bad billionaire Tom Ricketts doesn't have any money to sign Kimbrel.

Castor76

Liked Posts:
Yeah, that pesky CBT stops us from being the Yankees of the early 2000s.

CSF77

Liked Posts:

Broke and outside their budget are not the same thing.

2018 Cubs are valued at 2.9B. #3. Debt 15% (Same as LAD) Revenue 457M #3 Operating income: 102M which was the highest.

They are not broke. But in a self imposed bubble.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Broke and outside their budget are not the same thing.

2018 Cubs are valued at 2.9B. #3. Debt 15% (Same as LAD) Revenue 457M #3 Operating income: 102M which was the highest.

They are not broke. But in a self imposed bubble.

Well, don't tell Tom that. I get trying to stay in that budget but in an offseason where you probably should have spent more and gone outside of the budget, they have been quiet.

Sure, Harper/Machado are a lot but you have Kimbrel out there and there is a need for bullpen arms. Do it.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Well, don't tell Tom that. I get trying to stay in that budget but in an offseason where you probably should have spent more and gone outside of the budget, they have been quiet.

Sure, Harper/Machado are a lot but you have Kimbrel out there and there is a need for bullpen arms. Do it.

I think that they are focused on retention and not blocking with dimishing talent.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I think that they are focused on retention and not blocking with dimishing talent.

I agree that’s the thought process they are going with. Time will tell if it was the right decision or not. They obviously feel pretty good about the young arms they have. I can’t say I’m near as confident as they are, but they are the experts...not us

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

And that's fine. But I'd like to mix it up a bit. Spend in the right situation. Harper wasn't the right situation for them in their eyes but I think Kimbrel fits the mold for this bullpen IMO.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
He got a qualifying offer so he is going to cost the first round pick of the team that signs him. He had saves in the world series, but gave up alot of hits and runs. Teams are hoping he stays unemployed til after the draft and then come in like vultures.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
And that's fine. But I'd like to mix it up a bit. Spend in the right situation. Harper wasn't the right situation for them in their eyes but I think Kimbrel fits the mold for this bullpen IMO.

His numbers really didn't support it.

I really see this as a panic button mentality.

Morrow month late.

Strop hammy.

Mayday mayday ship sinking.

The season is 162 games.

April is traditionally rained out.

They are 7 deep right now and all are on major league deals and it creates an opertunity for Maples to establish his talent.

If he didn't lead the league with over 2800 rpm on a 97 mph 4 seem fastball and holding #4 in the majors in rpm with his slider. And they have been focused on adjusting his mechanics and his mental approach.

I would never consider it.

That is what the deadline is for. Issues that happened and didn't resolve in house...oh Russell rebuilt value and Nico is MLB ready... Ok time to trade.

That is how you approach it. Not over pay on that.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
To put it into context.

Morrow said that there is no pitcher in the major leagues with more talent than Maples.

Pause on that for a second.

Now ask your self why not.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
and last year, the starter who had the most movement on the team was Chatwood. Look where that got him.