HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't even understand what people expect anymore. You can't have a roster full of the best. Its fucking impossible and people only seem to ever realize how good they had it when they end up with a worse player. Pat was the best free agent punter and was already a known quantity. It is what it is. You can do far worse than him at the position...

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Teach all the offensive linemen to long snap.

Not the same because they have other jobs to do and practice but really, a backup like Larsen should give it a go.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I don't even understand what people expect anymore. You can't have a roster full of the best. Its fucking impossible and people only seem to ever realize how good they had it when they end up with a worse player. Pat was the best free agent punter and was already a known quantity. It is what it is. You can do far worse than him at the position...

yes, Megapunt's shanked punts rank about like a #39 on the list of issues that still exist with the Chicago Bears going into 2019.

the guy that can't even make extra points I would say slots at a resounding #1, and has since been replaced with a guy named Blewit. I am thus ok with Megapunt, at least the team is capable of retaining one guy that can do that job passably.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
If I had to choose, I'd take a consistent punter with an average leg over an inconsistent punter with a big leg.

When they bring O'Donnell out I get the same uneasy feeling as with Parkey, only a lot less intense.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I swear I'm going to start teaching my kid how to punt and kick field goals. For the amount of money these guys make, how low the injury rate is, and how FRIKKIN EASY IT IS TO KICK A BALL!! Give me a year of riding a bike, kicking for an hour a day, and drinking irish whisky. I'll be Kevin Butler in no time.

The uprights could be 2x as wide and you wouldn't be able to hit 50% from 35 yards.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
If I had to choose, I'd take a consistent punter with an average leg over an inconsistent punter with a big leg.

When they bring O'Donnell out I get the same uneasy feeling as with Parkey, only a lot less intense.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I feel like he largely got a pass for the shanked punt against the Eagles.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I feel like he largely got a pass for the shanked punt against the Eagles.
Like I've said before. Quite a few players took turns fucking up on individual plays. Any one of those plays goes the other way and it could have changed the outcome. But at no time have I ever considered Pat to be as much of a fuck up as Cody. Not even close.

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Any ideas for an upgrade? I think he is a decent punter, I dont really have issues with what ive seen from him, with the exception of couple games where he sucked

Agreed...

E.F.Hutton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
You know you have a pretty good team when you start bitching about the punter.