OT: Buccaneers Hire 2 Female Assistant Coaches

Liked Posts:
By Adam Schefter | Mar 20, 2019
The Buccaneers have hired Lori Locust and Maral Javadifar, making Tampa Bay the first NFL team with two female coaches on staff.

Locust and Javadifar are the first full-time female coaches in Bucs franchise history. Locust is an assistant defensive line coach, and Javadifar is an assistant strength and conditioning coach, the team announced.

#MeToo :beer: :clap:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
By Adam Schefter | Mar 20, 2019
The Buccaneers have hired Lori Locust and Maral Javadifar, making Tampa Bay the first NFL team with two female coaches on staff.

Locust and Javadifar are the first full-time female coaches in Bucs franchise history. Locust is an assistant defensive line coach, and Javadifar is an assistant strength and conditioning coach, the team announced.

#MeToo :beer: :clap:

Maybe that's what Kraft shouda' done.:thinking:

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Sorry....I find it hard to believe they bring much of value to the team, other than a PR boost.

I guess the S&C coach may be ok...but what is a lady going to teach NFL Dlinemen???

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
wait a minute...these Ladies are gonna be in the locker room with men..but men can't be in women locker rooms?

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Sorry....I find it hard to believe they bring much of value to the team, other than a PR boost.

I guess the S&C coach may be ok...but what is a lady going to teach NFL Dlinemen???

Not a surprising response coming from you

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
Really? Do you honestly believe this is more than a PR stunt? They are assistants...glorified coffee getterers...

what's it like being a sexist piece of shit?

anyway, i'm sure they know far more than you ever will

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
No chicks and that's my final decision

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The defensive line coach... what’s her resume? I assume she has college coaching experience?

Edit. Here’s what I found:

Locust has been working as the defensive line coach for the Birmingham Iron of the Alliance of American Football, a league in its inaugural season. Previously, Locust worked as a defensive coaching intern for the Baltimore Ravens during training camp in 2018. Locust started her coaching career after playing four years in women's semi-pro football.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The defensive line coach... what’s her resume? I assume she has college coaching experience?

Edit. Here’s what I found:

Locust has been working as the defensive line coach for the Birmingham Iron of the Alliance of American Football, a league in its inaugural season. Previously, Locust worked as a defensive coaching intern for the Baltimore Ravens during training camp in 2018. Locust started her coaching career after playing four years in women's semi-pro football.

watch the nfl and the media eat it up and we'll be sick of the BUCS before the season even starts.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Is it so hard to believe maybe they were hired not just for PR, but because they’d also be good at the job? Cross anyone’s mind?

As far as the locker room issue, male coaches in female basketball, soccer, volleyball, etc., have been in women’s locker rooms for years, but what a weird thing to be slighted by.

Huxster

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would also expect that by the time they reach the point of being hired by an NFL team that they have worked with previous teams at other levels and been in and out of locker rooms all the time.
If they're good enough its not an issue, if it's a PR thing then they'll soon get found out.