OT: 670 The Score Discussion (30th Anniversary Broadcast 7/20/22)

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just a terrible lineup.

Haugh has been terrible in the AM slot(They need to give it to Dicaro) but for the last few months I though the 9-6 slot was REALLY starting to find it's footing. Nothing will ever be as good as Boers and Bernstein but both the new shows (Bern and McKnight and Mac and Parkins) had developed a good rhythm. Transition was great. It was good radio.

Holmes has long been one of the worst hosts on WSCR and I'm shocked he's still employed there. He's a bitter little jackass with seemingly no talent for on-air radio. He might be great behind the scenes but as a host he's abhorrently bad. This feels like a desperate attempt to wedge him into the schedule for a couple hours because him being on air along for 4 hours is killing their night time.

Yeah, I was kind of over Holmes after he melted down over Parkins. Surprised they keep kinda screwing Bernstein... first the move to midday and now cutting his show by an hour. I know meatballs (most Bears fans) dislike him, but he's still the best host in the city.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's literally sports entertainment. A lot of those guys are more physically gifted then NFL players and lay it all out there for their fans. It amazes me that someone who obsesses about what people think about RYAN PACE would h8 on people for enjoying a good chokeslam from Brock Lesnar.

lol. No.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Never really cared for Holmes. He really sealed it for me when he got pissy with Danny P. because he got passed over for the drive time slot.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Just a terrible lineup.

Haugh has been terrible in the AM slot(They need to give it to Dicaro) but for the last few months I though the 9-6 slot was REALLY starting to find it's footing. Nothing will ever be as good as Boers and Bernstein but both the new shows (Bern and McKnight and Mac and Parkins) had developed a good rhythm. Transition was great. It was good radio.

Holmes has long been one of the worst hosts on WSCR and I'm shocked he's still employed there. He's a bitter little jackass with seemingly no talent for on-air radio. He might be great behind the scenes but as a host he's abhorrently bad. This feels like a desperate attempt to wedge him into the schedule for a couple hours because him being on air along for 4 hours is killing their night time.

Lots of people like Holmes that's why he got the lunchtime spot.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I was kind of over Holmes after he melted down over Parkins. Surprised they keep kinda screwing Bernstein... first the move to midday and now cutting his show by an hour. I know meatballs (most Bears fans) dislike him, but he's still the best host in the city.

McKnight and Parkins have really developed nicely as hosts. Parkins gets annoying with his over the top marijuana stuff. (We get it. You like weed) but overall I think he really loves the business and it shows. He seems to legit care about improving and is honest. Him and Mac have a good thing going. McKnight is exactly what Bernstein needs in that he needs a comic relief or "light" guy to counteract some of Bernstein's old man shtick and grumbling. Goff was a terrible match for him and it was obvious from the start. Their show was 4 hours of incessant bitching.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Just a terrible lineup.

I agree. When Julie inevitably fails at the morning slot they can just get rid of her altogether.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Same. No idea how adults enjoy this shit. The "new" impact zoom camera or whatever the fuck the WWE uses makes me motion sick. I've gotten invited to Wrestlemania parties as a social event and it's just terrible.

I'll admit to being a mark for shoot interviews with guys I grew up watching in the 90's but have zero interest in it besides some cool nostalgic stuff.

Nostalgia is what it is for me also. I still have fond memories with friends as kids of jumping off the back of furniture and making makeshift squared circles in the living room after watching the Ultimate Warrior or the Legion of Doom. Great stuff at the time.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Agreed. Never ceases to amaze me that adults watch this. I lost interest around the same time I found the joys of girls and guitars (13).

Right lol

I used to be obsessed with wrestling when I was a kid. I took my nephews to hell in the cell a couple years ago it was so cringe but they loved it. But seriously couldn’t believe how many losers were there without their kids jumping up and down like a bunch of bitches

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
By enjoying her work?

I dunno?

Really? Her writing is ok, but she is atrocious on the radio. Constantly getting information wrong (a most recent one was that the Big-10 basketball conference tournament was in an East Coast city - oops), bad take after bad take, and the Star Wars obsession is a bit much.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Really? Her writing is ok, but she is atrocious on the radio. Constantly getting information wrong (a most recent one was that the Big-10 basketball conference tournament was in an East Coast city - oops), bad take after bad take, and the Star Wars obsession is a bit much.
This pretty much sounds like Holmes.

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
can't have women talking about MuH SpOrtsZ

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't mind Julie... I enjoy her show with Maggie. Don't know if I'd want to listen to her every morning though. Just a personal preference.

BigTom

Liked Posts:
Holmes is the best. This change sucks since the only shows I catch are driving to and from work on a 7 to 7 schedule. The morning show is fine for what it is. Mully keeps things mostly upbeat and homerish. And with Holmes I prefer his solo storytelling style instead of the usual back and forth most shows do. Your hatred of Holmes feels personal like you failed his class or something.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Holmes is the best. This change sucks since the only shows I catch are driving to and from work on a 7 to 7 schedule. The morning show is fine for what it is. Mully keeps things mostly upbeat and homerish. And with Holmes I prefer his solo storytelling style instead of the usual back and forth most shows do. Your hatred of Holmes feels personal like you failed his class or something.

Lawrence Holmes is a whiny bitch, that's all there is to it. You must have missed those shows.