OT: 670 The Score Discussion (30th Anniversary Broadcast 7/20/22)

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
What does everyone think of the new daily lineup of shows beginning 3/28?

Mully & Haugh 5-9
Bernstein & McKnight 9-12
Holmes 12-2
McNeil & Parkins 2-6
Ostrowski 6-10
DiCaro 10-12

I'm down with Holmes if he talks WWE during the day.

:beerbang:

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
No WWE. I loved the old Me (and the Me & Z Show) show but Holmes has lost me over the last decade. I'll give him another shot, but I struggle with him because:
1) He often fluctuates between "corporate Laurence" and "relatable Laurence". I have issues with relatable Laurence, but I like him much better.
2) He takes stands on things that are just for show. I'm sure everyone does it to some extent but I can think of one specific instance where he ranted HARD about Fox for 30 minutes, which would have been great, but he had to preface it by saying that he didn't actually believed it and was just doing it for the fans. Thanks for the honesty I guess, but next time save your breath.
3) He felt like he didn't care about the Bears during the Trestman/Fox regimes. I get it- He had relationships with guys that got shuffled out during that time AND those teams SUCKED, but it shouldn't have come across that clear.

Either way, I've switched to podcasts now unless something huge is breaking, so someone like me isn't really material to ratings, only downloads.

But other than that, congrats Laurence, I'll give it a listen.

Edit: also, I understand there appears to be a disconnect between me wanting him to not clearly show he doesn't care about a team and wanting him to be open and honest. Mainly I don't think you should be on sports talk radio in Chicago if you don't care about the Bears. It's a Bears town.

Last edited:

msadows

Liked Posts:
Went to WWE Raw on Monday, can't believe anyone besides little kids watches that shit anymore. Half the good wrestlers don't even do promos and have managers/valets talk. Brock Lesnar shows up and stares at people for 5 minutes and makes 150k. Must be a nice gig.

Beers were more expensive than cubs/bears games too.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Went to WWE Raw on Monday, can't believe anyone besides little kids watches that shit anymore. Half the good wrestlers don't even do promos and have managers/valets talk. Brock Lesnar shows up and stares at people for 5 minutes and makes 150k. Must be a nice gig.

Beers were more expensive than cubs/bears games too.

Why would you go to see something that you hate? idiot

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Went to WWE Raw on Monday, can't believe anyone besides little kids watches that shit anymore.

Agreed. Never ceases to amaze me that adults watch this. I lost interest around the same time I found the joys of girls and guitars (13).

msadows

Liked Posts:
Why would you go to see something that you hate? idiot

You're a giant toolbag.

I enjoyed it as a kid, they were in town, I was off Monday. Figured why not. Buddy is a giant wrestling fan, I haven't watched in years.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
As for the Score lineup, I like it. I think the Holmes move is related to the Cubs and Bulls deals. There's so much game broadcast that evening hosts are barely on the air anymore. This move maximizes the airtime for their most familiar hosts.

I still only listen to the podcasts later though. Their airtime is literally almost half commercials, and tedious, repetitive ones at that.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL at people that take Wrestling so serious that they HATE it. It's no different than watching some shitty nerd show like Game of Thrones.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
Agreed. Never ceases to amaze me that adults watch this. I lost interest around the same time I found the joys of girls and guitars (13).

To be fair, Elias always plays guitar every week and he's pretty good at it.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You're a giant toolbag.

I enjoyed it as a kid, they were in town, I was off Monday. Figured why not. Buddy is a giant wrestling fan, I haven't watched in years.

Sorry but I don't see the point in your being a bitch about this.

I used to LOOOOOOOVE Bionicle when I was a wee lad. Saw that it's a show on Netflix now and decided to watch an episode and it was kinda meh tbh but I didn't take to the internet to BAAAAAWWWWW about it sucking because it's literally for kids and I'm sure it's pretty decent entertainment for the little ones, probably better than some other chit like reboots of inspector gadget or muppet babies...

gosh

:bizarro:

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
To be fair, Elias always plays guitar every week and he's pretty good at it.

Anyone post-Stone Cold Steve Austin I have no idea about.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Elias is gr8. he talks smack about the home sports teams of any city he's performing in and gets meatballs all upset. Maybe Msadows was mad that he talked mad jizz about the bears on Monday.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:

I can see why certain people may not enjoy modern wrestling but it boggles my mind that they care about what other people are entertained by. Meanwhile they might watch dumb shows like Walking Dead or Game of Thrones... maybe even collect used women's clothing while looking down on others. I mean all of the above is a form of entertainment for people of all ages... no one is going to like evrything.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I can see why certain people may not enjoy modern wrestling but it boggles my mind that they care about what other people are entertained by. Meanwhile they might watch dumb shows like Walking Dead or Game of Thrones... maybe even collect used women's clothing while looking down on others. I mean all of the above is a form of entertainment for people of all ages... no one is going to like evrything.

I agree. I just found pro wrestling kinda silly after puberty. Never watched a single episode of Walking Dead or GoT and have zero interest in starting.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

It's literally sports entertainment. A lot of those guys are more physically gifted then NFL players and lay it all out there for their fans. It amazes me that someone who obsesses about what people think about RYAN PACE would h8 on people for enjoying a good chokeslam from Brock Lesnar.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
It's literally sports entertainment. A lot of those guys are more physically gifted then NFL players and lay it all out there for their fans. It amazes me that someone who obsesses about what people think about RYAN PACE would h8 on people for enjoying a good chokeslam from Brock Lesnar.

Also, everything is done in one take unlike "real" actors that need a dozen takes for one scene.

Also, wrestling has made some of the biggest current Hollywood stars which people enjoy every day in "real" movies.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
What does everyone think of the new daily lineup of shows beginning 3/28?

Mully & Haugh 5-9
Bernstein & McKnight 9-12
Holmes 12-2
McNeil & Parkins 2-6
Ostrowski 6-10
DiCaro 10-12

I'm down with Holmes if he talks WWE during the day.

:beerbang:

Just a terrible lineup.

Haugh has been terrible in the AM slot(They need to give it to Dicaro) but for the last few months I though the 9-6 slot was REALLY starting to find it's footing. Nothing will ever be as good as Boers and Bernstein but both the new shows (Bern and McKnight and Mac and Parkins) had developed a good rhythm. Transition was great. It was good radio.

Holmes has long been one of the worst hosts on WSCR and I'm shocked he's still employed there. He's a bitter little jackass with seemingly no talent for on-air radio. He might be great behind the scenes but as a host he's abhorrently bad. This feels like a desperate attempt to wedge him into the schedule for a couple hours because him being on air along for 4 hours is killing their night time.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Same. No idea how adults enjoy this shit. The "new" impact zoom camera or whatever the fuck the WWE uses makes me motion sick. I've gotten invited to Wrestlemania parties as a social event and it's just terrible.

I'll admit to being a mark for shoot interviews with guys I grew up watching in the 90's but have zero interest in it besides some cool nostalgic stuff.