OT: 670 The Score Discussion (30th Anniversary Broadcast 7/20/22)

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
It's about time Holmes got a spot in the day time. Well deserved

Sent from my RCT6703W13 using Tapatalk

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Just a terrible lineup.

Haugh has been terrible in the AM slot(They need to give it to Dicaro) but for the last few months I though the 9-6 slot was REALLY starting to find it's footing. Nothing will ever be as good as Boers and Bernstein but both the new shows (Bern and McKnight and Mac and Parkins) had developed a good rhythm. Transition was great. It was good radio.

Holmes has long been one of the worst hosts on WSCR and I'm shocked he's still employed there. He's a bitter little jackass with seemingly no talent for on-air radio. He might be great behind the scenes but as a host he's abhorrently bad. This feels like a desperate attempt to wedge him into the schedule for a couple hours because him being on air along for 4 hours is killing their night time.

A move to a day time spot is considered an upgrade/promotion.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I cant listen during the day anyway, so this is good for me. Holmes spewing on the way home is something I will not miss. They had two guys covering for him while he was going to New Orleans for some seminar around the super bowl, he just had to call in during the show instead of just letting the other guys get a shot.

To me, its as bad as trying to watch sportscenter top plays, and end up having them go to that fuck greenberg four minutes before his fucking show starts.

too bad the other two shows are both losing an hour.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL at people that take Wrestling so serious that they HATE it. It's no different than watching some shitty nerd show like Game of Thrones.

I don't hate wrestling, I just don't watch it. Let me know when they get naked women and dragons.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Parkins and Bernstein can go. I would rather listen to paint drying

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Holmes is great. Wish he has a bigger chunk of the day.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
As a matter of fact, most of the score air personnel can go. ESPN1000 is by far a better sports talk station

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Golic & Wingo

?

edvedder10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just a terrible lineup.

Haugh has been terrible in the AM slot(They need to give it to Dicaro) but for the last few months I though the 9-6 slot was REALLY starting to find it's footing. Nothing will ever be as good as Boers and Bernstein but both the new shows (Bern and McKnight and Mac and Parkins) had developed a good rhythm. Transition was great. It was good radio.

Holmes has long been one of the worst hosts on WSCR and I'm shocked he's still employed there. He's a bitter little jackass with seemingly no talent for on-air radio. He might be great behind the scenes but as a host he's abhorrently bad. This feels like a desperate attempt to wedge him into the schedule for a couple hours because him being on air along for 4 hours is killing their night time.

Agreed, don't care for Haugh and Holmes

Waetchter

Liked Posts:
Haugh is almost unnecessary for the morning show. I never liked him as a fill-in host, because his worst 'takes' were his Bears takes, and that was supposed to be his area of expertise. At least with Hanley, you'd get some old sportswriter perspective on things. Haugh is just offers up nonsensical opinions. I just had to endure a week of Haugh and Lou Canellis (HOW? WHY?), so perhaps I am just pissy.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Haugh is almost unnecessary for the morning show. I never liked him as a fill-in host, because his worst 'takes' were his Bears takes, and that was supposed to be his area of expertise. At least with Hanley, you'd get some old sportswriter perspective on things. Haugh is just offers up nonsensical opinions. I just had to endure a week of Haugh and Lou Canellis (HOW? WHY?), so perhaps I am just pissy.

HahaHaugh, is bad enough but LC with him was criminal.

Waetchter

Liked Posts:
HahaHaugh, is bad enough but LC with him was criminal.

I thought Canellis had been permanently banned from sports broadcasting many years ago. He makes Zach Zaidman look like Vin Scully by comparison. When Canellis was the Bulls sideline reporter back in the day, he was so dumb that he couldn't remember that the announcing crew was always Tom Dore and Johnny Kerr. Canellis would make his report and end with "Let's send it back to....to....to....the studio!"

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lo Holmes this afternoon. Opening week of the MLB season, Hawks in the playoff chase, NCAA Final Four coming up, Bears draft on the way.....Holmes dedicates his show opening and first 45 minutes(before I turned it off) to fucking wrestling and discussing a John Oliver clip.

FFS.