Biggest Remaining Needs

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why do you two have conversations with each other through here when all one of you have to do is roll over and talk to the other? Just seems silly but to each their own i guess.

We were talking football and yet here you are derailing ANOTHER thread.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

I would say you guys were TRYING to talk football but at least you're trying.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

You should be able to see that if someone has football opinions like thinking Kevin White is an NFL player, or that Adam Shaheen is good at football, their bound to not have much on topic things to discuss when anything football related is literally laughed at by the entire board....

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Jesus Christ talking about football on this place is impossible. It’s so annoying trying to sort through the back and forth bickering to find the football posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Jesus Christ talking about football on this place is impossible. It’s so annoying trying to sort through the back and forth bickering to find the football posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry buddy, I just think that Kevin White is a total and complete bust, and somehow using stats to back that up just gets ignored by dabears70, and now that he's proven wrong he has no option but to derail. Pretty much happens all the time.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That isn't true either. Shaheen has literally caught almost everything that has been thrown his way. He isn't the one that gets to pick when the ball is thrown to him. They have instead for some reason or another chosen to give him inline blocking tight end work above all else. We also had the luxury of Burton at TE who actually blocked better than I had expected for a move TE. Calling him useless is in fact a lazy analysis.

So you think he is just running free and Trubs is like, "Fuck it I am throwing to a covered Gabriel instead." If he were better he would likely get more opportunities. His ops are limited mostly likely because he hasn't been very good.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So you think he is just running free and Trubs is like, "Fuck it I am throwing to a covered Gabriel instead." If he were better he would likely get more opportunities. His ops are limited mostly likely because he hasn't been very good.

Hold on a second. So you're trying to tell me right now that after what we saw last season of Trubisky many times missing open receivers...you suddenly put it out of the realm of possibility that Shaheen was ever running routes while open and not getting the ball? Never mind the fact he wasn't even given many opportunities to run routes to begin with.

Or are you implying that Shaheen is incapable of making contested catches? Because that too is hard to prove when he isn't fucking being thrown the ball...

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Hold on a second. So you're trying to tell me right now that after what we saw last season of Trubisky many times missing open receivers...you suddenly put it out of the realm of possibility that Shaheen was ever running routes while open and not getting the ball? Never mind the fact he wasn't even given many opportunities to run routes to begin with.

Or are you implying that Shaheen is incapable of making contested catches? Because that too is hard to prove when he isn't fucking being thrown the ball...

I'm not even sure why you're bothering with Capt. Spin...

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I am saying he has 6 targets and all the other guys who Trubs allegedly missed still got a fuck ton more targets than he did. So no, I don't think he is open and Trubs is bypassing him at a rate that would explain why he only has 6 targets compared to guys that have 80 or more targets.

I am arguing he isn't good enough to get more targets. Unless you think he fucked Trubs girl, there is no reason for Trubs to not throw him the ball if Trubs thought he were open.

I mean last year, ya'll blamed Fox for his lack of targets. Now this year in a new offense, ya'll blaming Trubs. Maybe just maybe the problem isn't everyone else. It's Shaheen.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I am saying he has 6 targets and all the other guys who Trubs allegedly missed still got a fuck ton more targets than he did. So no, I don't think he is open and Trubs is bypassing him at a rate that would explain why he only has 6 targets compared to guys that have 80 or more targets.

I am arguing he isn't good enough to get more targets. Unless you think he fucked Trubs girl, there is no reason for Trubs to not throw him the ball if Trubs thought he were open.

I mean last year, ya'll blamed Fox for his lack of targets. Now this year in a new offense, ya'll blaming Trubs. Maybe just maybe the probably isn't everyone else. It's Shaheen.

No, I am saying that Shaheen has simply not been given many opportunities as a pass catcher. You can try to spin that whatever damn way you please. The fact is he isn't out there running routes with any regularity to even have a chance at a decent target share...its been two consecutive seasons of him barely garnering any targets period. He has been second fiddle to two tight ends two years in a row. Both of them were paid waaaaay more money and clearly they were trying to get value out of them. Sims had no business being ahead of Shaheen though. Burton on the other hand is a legit tight end. Even more so than I thought he was going to be.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We agree he hasn't been given many opportunities. Where we disagree is the reason why. The dude was a 2nd round pick. If he were actually any good, the Bears would be tripping over themselves to get him opportunities. The reason he isn't getting more chances is because he isn't that good.

Maybe he breaks out this year but so far, he has not looked particularly good. It is what it is.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Shaheen's first season, he had to learn how to block and be an actual TE. Unfortunately, that was cut short by injury.

Last year, he had to learn to play in a complicated NFL offense, coming from a small college. Unfortunately, that also was cut short by injury.

He has shown flashes, and I think he can develop into a quality TE. It take most guys 2-3 years to figure out that position in the NFL. We shouldn't be surprised Shaheen hasnt mastered it yet.

Hope he can stay healthy enough to have a chance...

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We also shouldn't be surprised if it has nothing to do with the above and he simply isn't very good. That is entirely possible.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
All I can say is that Shaheen passed the "eye test" in Bourbonnais.

Honestly thought that he was going to have a breakout performance in 2018.

Of course Nall was breaking 30 yarders regularly too in TC

I still think we should be cross training Nall in the TE room

Tampabear

Liked Posts:

I mean last year, ya'll blamed Fox for his lack of targets. Now this year in a new offense, ya'll blaming Trubs. Maybe just maybe the problem isn't everyone else. It's Shaheen.

The "fucked Trub's girl" idea makes more sense than most of the rest of this thread.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Shaheen hasn't impressed me with the ball in his hands. That's my biggest knock with him. Gets taken down way to easy for a guy his size by players much smaller than him.

Would much prefer if he was our #3 TE to start the year.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Shaheen hasn't impressed me with the ball in his hands. That's my biggest knock with him. Gets taken down way to easy for a guy his size by players much smaller than him.

Would much prefer if he was our #3 TE to start the year.

Do you even remember who was the last Chicago Bears tight end that people said that about? The flashbacks are real.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Yeah sometimes the simple things that you would think people on here would understand are things they just can't seem to get. Not only has the guy been injured but even when he was healthy he wasn't really used very much for anyone to give judgement on how good or bad he would be if he actually stayed healthy for a season and was actually used enough. I would love for him to give us a healthy season and for them to actually call plays for him this year so we can see what he can do if he's targeted enough but i don't count on it cause Nagy just spreads the ball around so much. I think he does it too much.
I'll combat a couple things in the above.

First, the fact that he has been injured is a problem, and I can see why people would label him as below average to no good based on two injury riddled seasons while being a 2nd round high-ish pick. Couple that with coming from a small school, and it doesn't look good for him or Pace.

Second, when he was used, there was room for improvement, so I'll agree with other posters there. On the contrary, I think he has great hands and makes some really soft catches when called upon.

Lastly, I don't think spreading the ball around to multiple weapons can be viewed as a negative. If anything, that is a really positive thing for a modern offense, and a staple of what Nagy is trying to build. Keep the opponent guessing. Death by a thousand cuts, mixed in with big splash plays. We far too long suffered at the helm of limited weapons on offense. In the past, the average players weren't utilized. I don't think Trestman or Lovie ever would have had success throwing it to Wims, Bellamy, or 3rd string tight ends the way Nagy's offense is designed to do.