White Sox Predictions

RyanPaleAndHosed

Liked Posts:
And won the whole damn thing in the last 6. What do the Twins have to show for all their post season appearances? Some sideburns? :bowrofl::bowrofl:

Last edited:

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, but I'm not going to make fun of the Twins when they consistently beat the piss out of us.

We need to make the playoffs.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Yes, but I'm not going to make fun of the Twins when they consistently beat the piss out of us.

We need to make the playoffs.

You WILL.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Twins. I have no reason to believe they won't contend using their minor league players and the Sox haven't shown they can beat up on crap teams (Royals, Indians, Tigers, Orioles, etc) the last few years.

Why would that change now?

You know you are my boy, but I have to disagree.

This isnt me being a homer( i am actually the exact opposite )

but.....for one, we are essentially replacing kotsay with adam dunn. The dynamic of the lineup is so much different now with just adding him. I believe that the rotation with or without peavy is good enough to win the division, a healthy peavy just makes it that much better.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
You know you are my boy, but I have to disagree.

This isnt me being a homer( i am actually the exact opposite )

but.....for one, we are essentially replacing kotsay with adam dunn. The dynamic of the lineup is so much different now with just adding him. I believe that the rotation with or without peavy is good enough to win the division, a healthy peavy just makes it that much better.

I know, and I know I should feel pretty good about the team, the line-up is solid, the rotation and pen is pretty good and the defense has its bright spots (along with the bad). But again, they haven't beaten the Twins head to head since, what? 2005? They can't seem to beat the bottom feeders in season series.

The Sox are a lot better than 2010, and they won 88 games (with a lot of hot streaks), but idk, I'll believe it when I see it.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know, and I know I should feel pretty good about the team, the line-up is solid, the rotation and pen is pretty good and the defense has its bright spots (along with the bad). But again, they haven't beaten the Twins head to head since, what? 2005? They can't seem to beat the bottom feeders in season series.

The Sox are a lot better than 2010, and they won 88 games (with a lot of hot streaks), but idk, I'll believe it when I see it.

you feel how i feel every fucking year. this year seems different to me for some reason.

i also dont think the offseason moves are done. i think there is another move that is and could be significant. call it a hunch

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
you feel how i feel every fucking year. this year seems different to me for some reason.

i also dont think the offseason moves are done. i think there is another move that is and could be significant. call it a hunch

I really really wanna hope and predict the Sox will win the division like I've done every year since 2004. But every year it seems to be the same problems.

- Can't beat the Twins
- Can't beat the shit teams
- Bullpens tend to fade down the stretch
- Team tends to fade down the stretch

I would love for the Sox to win another World Series. But like I said, I'll believe it when I see it.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I really really wanna hope and predict the Sox will win the division like I've done every year since 2004. But every year it seems to be the same problems.

- Can't beat the Twins
- Can't beat the shit teams
- Bullpens tend to fade down the stretch
- Team tends to fade down the stretch

I would love for the Sox to win another World Series. But like I said, I'll believe it when I see it.

Then you have it really good. The Cubs problems are always:
- Can't hit
- Can't pitch
- Can't field
- Can't win

Look at the bright side, you aren't the Cubs. :shifty:

And I really think the Sox will win their division.

Chi Sox Nut

Liked Posts:
I remain a superstitious Sox fan, but I definitely feel really good about this coming season. I don't want to jinx anything by making predictions, but here's a little brevity instead...

ozziecartoon.jpg