Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
why cant we ever have a conversation/argument with STEAL without it turning into a pissing match?

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
I dont think it's him being annoying....his opinions are deemed radical to us because he likes a different team. lets just have some hockey talk...

STEAL

Liked Posts:
Dude I swear to God I'm gonna rail your mom hard once the Hawks dismiss the Flyers.

That's radical. Me radical? Not at all. I'm using legitimate stats as evidence in an argument. Not once has somebody countered my argument with evidence except "i'm gonna rail your mom" or "Hawks in 4, sweep, yep Flyers suck." Let me know when you guys other than BigP, tbo, and Niemi decide you want to argue like adults.

STEAL

Liked Posts:
Chara is one person and both Boston and NJ have great goaltending...see that stat 2 columns over? Save %?

Rask is a great young goalie and Brodeur will probably go down as the best goalie ever. The Devils and Bruins defense is nothing without their goalies

Very very true. There really isn't a way to statistically measure a team's defense besides GAA or +/-, and I really don't feel like adding up the +/-.

Last edited:

ChicagoOwnsLebron

If you want to discuss statistics:

Chicago: 52-22-8 112 Points
Philly: 41-35-6 88 Points (Didn't qualify until the final game of the season)

Chicago: Goals Scored - 271 Goals Against - 209 Differential: +62
Philly: Goals Scored - 236 Goals Against - 225 Differential: +11

Nuff said!

This

derosabomb

Joecawks is a dope
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
why cant we ever have a conversation/argument with STEAL without it turning into a pissing match?

because dismagic and his multiple usernames are fucking dicks.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
The Hawks should win in 5 or 6 IMO, but Philly will make the individual games close.

STEAL

Liked Posts:
If you want to discuss statistics:

Chicago: 52-22-8 112 Points
Philly: 41-35-6 88 Points (Didn't qualify until the final game of the season)

Chicago: Goals Scored - 271 Goals Against - 209 Differential: +62
Philly: Goals Scored - 236 Goals Against - 225 Differential: +11

Nuff said!

More Like:
Chicago: 12-4
Philadelphia: 12-5

Chicago: Goals Scored - 53 Goals Against - 40 Differential: +13
Philadelphia: Goals Scored - 54 Goals Against - 36 Differential: +18

Hardy harr harr

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
That's radical. Me radical? Not at all. I'm using legitimate stats as evidence in an argument. Not once has somebody countered my argument with evidence except "i'm gonna rail your mom" or "Hawks in 4, sweep, yep Flyers suck." Let me know when you guys other than BigP, tbo, and Niemi decide you want to argue like adults.
I didnt mean radical as in they are not adequate arguments...I meant that they seem radical to some posters here because they have blinders on and only listen to their own opinions and dont listen to other's opinions
Very very true. There really isn't a way to statistically measure a team's defense besides GAA or +/-, and I really don't feel like adding up the +/-.

ya, that's understandable.....
Bottom line is, both teams have hot goaltenders, and adequate defense to help them. It will be a good series!

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
And so it begins....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6XmF7NFlX0&feature=related]YouTube - Flyers - Blackhawks melee (Nachbaur) 1/21/87[/ame]

Should be a great series, Hawks in 5 or 6.

Savoir_Faire_18

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It will come down to who can exploit flaws.. Nashville did so in the first round. The Hawks adjusted and that is why they won. They must remain patient with the series beginning at the UC. They will want to do so much for the fans, but they need to harness that and use what is successful against a team that will be downright stingy.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Exactly....we have to play conservative hockey...nothing flashy!

robertgorr4

Liked Posts:
More Like:
Chicago: 12-4
Philadelphia: 12-5

Chicago: Goals Scored - 53 Goals Against - 40 Differential: +13
Philadelphia: Goals Scored - 54 Goals Against - 36 Differential: +18

Hardy harr harr

Those stats are so not in Philly's favor, it's amazing. Look at the 3 teams the Flyers have played so far in the playoffs. 3 of the worst offenses in the entire NHL, if you want to go by season statistics. Having a +18 GD against the Devils, Bruins, and Habs is nothing to write home about. Leighton has faced nothing like he about to face when the puck drops on Saturday. Three lines that can score and that is not disputable.

Last edited:

Savoir_Faire_18

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Those stats are so not in Philly's favor, it's amazing. Look at the 3 teams the Flyers have played so far in the playoffs. 3 of the worst offenses in the entire NHL, if you want to go by season statistics. Having a +18 GD against the Devils, Bruins, and Habs is nothing to write home about. Leighton has faced nothing like he about to face when the puck drops on Saturday. Four lines that can score and that is not disputable.

Playoffs are playoffs... Don't underestimate anyone. Especially a team that has comeback after being down. I don't care if it is against a "weak" team as you say in Boston. It takes a hell of alot of determination, resolve, and self determination. That is why it is rarely done. This will not be a cake walk. Don't be ignorant. This will be a series that will go more than 4.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
First, Welcome to the site!

Second, I would say that Boston and Montreal may not be offensive powerhouses, but cammalerri(sp) was on a tear in the playoffs and was just shut down this series. Also, Lucic, Savard, and Chara is nothing to sneeze at.

Also, NJ with Kovalchuk is always deadly and the flyers got through them too

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Playoffs are playoffs... Don't underestimate anyone. Especially a team that has comeback after being down. I don't care if it is against a "weak" team as you say in Boston. It takes a hell of alot of determination, resolve, and self determination. That is why it is rarely done. This will not be a cake walk. Don't be ignorant. This will be a series that will go more than 4.

This x1000

robertgorr4

Liked Posts:

Did I ever say it would a be cakewalk for anyone? Yes, it was impressive that the Flyers came back against a Bruins team down 3-0. Yet, color me ignorant if you want me to be impressed with Michael Leighton numbers against a weak MTL offense and an even weaker BOS offense for 1 game. The Hawks are a better team and should win this series. I'll say in 6. People thinking this will be easy for the Hawks are mistaken. Also, anyone who thinks the Flyers have faced anything like the Hawks offense so far in playoffs, are also mistaken. Thanks for the welcome.

Savoir_Faire_18

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sorry for jumping so quick... I do agree though. The Flyers haven't seen anything like the Hawks O... I also think Hawks in 6. The key will be the first two home games to set the tempo.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
I also have Hawks in 6