White Sox Claim Phil Humber

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Don't know what to think of this guy. He hasn't had enough work at the MLB level, but had two spectacular seasons in 2007 and 2010 in the PCL in AAA, one at age 24 and again at 27. Then again, those seasons flank two floundering seasons in the International League. Was his '07 performance more of a fluke due to it being his first go-around in the highest minor league level, and his second great performance more due to being 27 and on his fourth season in AAA and his second in the PCL? I really don't know.

Either way, not a terribly acquisition by any means--in fact I think it could be a pretty good one--and like I always ask, what team hasn't needed at least a significant amount of luck to make it all the way to the WS, let alone win it?

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't know what to think of this guy. He hasn't had enough work at the MLB level, but had two spectacular seasons in 2007 and 2010 in the PCL in AAA, one at age 24 and again at 27. Then again, those seasons flank two floundering seasons in the International League. Was his '07 performance more of a fluke due to it being his first go-around in the highest minor league level, and his second great performance more due to being 27 and on his fourth season in AAA and his second in the PCL? I really don't know.

Either way, not a terribly acquisition by any means--in fact I think it could be a pretty good one--and like I always ask, what team hasn't needed at least a significant amount of luck to make it all the way to the WS, let alone win it?[/QUOTE]

hell, cliff politte,neal cotts....3 closers hermanson,shingo,and fucking jenks...el duques performance against boston.........so yes.....hell yes....there is alot of luck to win a ws