Danks To Get 6 Million(Quentin And Pena Avoid Arb)

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Problem is, he's just not very good regardless what he does.

Quentin will land on the DL at least twice.

ChiSportsRich

Liked Posts:
Pena is fine at what he does, I dont mind him, Its hard to do what he does as a pitcher. Quentin is annoying and very disappointing, Danks needs to be locked up long term.

ChiSportsRich

Liked Posts:
No. He's not good. Like, at all. A 1.520 WHIP and a 1.24 K/BB should get you non-tendered, I don't care how low the salary may be.

I never said he was good, I said he was fine at what he did. working out of the 'pen like he does is hard for a pitcher.

OscoNox

Liked Posts:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problem is, he's just not very good regardless what he does.

Quentin will land on the DL at least twice.

C.Q. is hella good hitter. In the middlle of the season I'm gonna hit you back and we can chat some more.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
I never said he was good, I said he was fine at what he did. working out of the 'pen like he does is hard for a pitcher.

Yeah, and I'm telling you that unless by "what he does" you mean "sucking major ass", your assertion is wrong, because he sucks major ass.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pena is fine at what he does, I dont mind him, Its hard to do what he does as a pitcher. Quentin is annoying and very disappointing, Danks needs to be locked up long term.

Yeah, that 5.10 ERA sure is sparkling. :thinking:

ChiSportsRich

Liked Posts:
Yeah, and I'm telling you that unless by "what he does" you mean "sucking major ass", your assertion is wrong, because he sucks major ass.

And im telling you that pitchers in his position are put in a bad spot because he is called on constantly in bad spots; a closer knows his place, a LOOGY knows his place a set-up guy knows his place but a guy in Penas place in the 'pen doesnt know when or how much he gonna have to pitch its hard for him to prepare for that. Some times he might have to sit for long streches others he may pitch back to back to back days he never knows.

I'm not implying hes a good pitcher, its just valuable to have a guy who can pitch the garbage innings out of the 'pen

Last edited:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
waldo- pick your fucking battles
sensor- stop trolling/baiting to just get under leftys skin
901- dont take the bait
lefty- same as 901

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Naw I'm good...

No.

Not trolling/baiting. Just calling it like I see it. Don't believe me? Then is this considered "acceptable"?

What I said was true. The condescending, vulgar posting style of Lefty, at the very least, leaves much to be desired.

But whatever. If the forum is going to cater to the lowest denominator, so be it. I'll keep that in mind going forward.

BTW, I'm the real Rory Sparrow!

I understand the context of the quote you provided by lefty really isnt "substance" in any way. but with that said, you are cherry picking one of his posts and ignoring the fact that most of his posts contain a large portion of substance, and well thought out writing. It really doesnt matter if he is right or if he is wrong, the fact is, he actually posts substance with a thought.

His name calling has been fine for a while now.

I much rather read his posts (again whether he is right or wrong) than read "lulz we gave up shit to get garza" type posts.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
lulz dewey gave up shit to get garza