Tifo crew meeting Wednesday 26th Jan. 2011 (yes, this coming Wednesday)

giaco

Liked Posts:
Have you ever been to a game and seen a large banner, coordinated display, a whole hell of a lot of flags, or some other visual display meant to pump the team up? That's tifo. It takes real money, many hands and hours to put together--not to mention get it into the stadium, do the display and then clean up afterwards. It affects the team and the players appreciate what we do for them (we know this, as they've told us on several occasions).

That being said, we are looking for folks who want to get involved---whether you have an idea of what you'd like to see become real, if you have fundraising ideas that could enable others to create their visions, if you have resources, or are good at searching for materials, possible you want to donate your labor in creating, moving, and making tifo real during a match--we need you!

We had great momentum last season with tifo crew and various supporter group's and individuals coming together for the common cause of supporting the Chicago Fire SC through our visual displays of tifo and choreo. If you saw a display and want to know more about how it is done, or you would like to lend a hand (or an idea), we are meeting this coming Wednesday, January 26 at 7pm at The Abbey Pub (info below).

There will be an agenda, as we really need to set the tone for 2011. Our topics of focus will include potential displays and ways to fund them, sourcing materials, best practices for making basic items (flags, 2-poles, banners, other), and other input from you guys. In fact, if you can think of anything that you would like to include in the conversation, PM me here/email/call--that way I can get any research done ahead of time.

The Abbey Pub
3420 West Grace Street
Chicago, IL 60618-4215
(773) 478-4408

Subway: Addison-Blue

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
If I had the chance, I'd help you out with that. But sadly, I fail.

giaco

Liked Posts:
no worries, this is only 1 meeting of many. And even if you can never make it out to a meeting, we always need donations and help on gameday. If you want to help, find your way to the Section 8 CHicago webpage to donate, or come over to the Section 8 Chicago tailgate and ask for me.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
no worries, this is only 1 meeting of many. And even if you can never make it out to a meeting, we always need donations and help on gameday. If you want to help, find your way to the Section 8 CHicago webpage to donate, or come over to the Section 8 Chicago tailgate and ask for me.

I'm 15, so...

lol

giaco

Liked Posts:
yeah, you're never too young to lend a hand. If/when you come to a game, stop by the tailgate--hell, bring your friends and family. We'll help you out the rest of the way.

Seriously.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
yeah, you're never too young to lend a hand. If/when you come to a game, stop by the tailgate--hell, bring your friends and family. We'll help you out the rest of the way.

Seriously.

I barely go to games, I watch on TV. I've only been to a Hawks game when I was really little and a Cubs game once.

giaco

Liked Posts:
well if and when you get the family or some friends out, let us know--we'll be here.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars