1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
The new American Football League is in talks with Toyota Park for a lease for the Chicago Bruisers to play their 8 home games of their 16 game season there, according to their FaceBook page in response to my questions.

AFL Home Page

Chi-Fire

#1 Fire Fan
Liked Posts:
No this is for fire and the fire only! We dont want to ruin it with o american football
pussies

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
No this is for fire and the fire only! We dont want to ruin it with o american football
pussies

Will stay the same for the Fire I'd imagine. Remember, until last year, when the Machine became a traveling team, Toyota Park was also a Lacrosse field.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
They are working on a TV contract now.

giaco

Liked Posts:
I hope they don't get it. The Machine fucked up our lawn and american football will do it no better--not to mention those stupid lines every ten yards to remind those fucking retards they're headed in the right direction.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I hope they don't get it. The Machine fucked up our lawn and american football will do it no better--not to mention those stupid lines every ten yards to remind those fucking retards they're headed in the right direction.

The lines are so they know if its a first down or not. :shrug:

tonyni

Liked Posts:
There's already a football stadium in town, if I recall correctly. There'll be hell to pay if I have to see the football lines on the field for even one game at TP. Who gives a fuck about that bullshit AFL league anyways? Ain't no one coming all the way out to Bridgeview for that shit.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
There's already a football stadium in town, if I recall correctly. There'll be hell to pay if I have to see the football lines on the field for even one game at TP. Who gives a fuck about that bullshit AFL league anyways? Ain't no one coming all the way out to Bridgeview for that shit.

The reason they are talking with Toyota Park is because the park has been the most interested in them out of any Chicago field.

Football and Soccer seasons don't overlap much anyway.

Chi-Fire

#1 Fire Fan
Liked Posts:
Thats funny Giaco i totally agree with that but ya those dumb muther fuckin pussies already destroyed soilder field wich was built for soccer not gay paded up shit face football and i dont want toyota park being the same way, it was built for the FIRE AND THE FIRE ONLY! IT SHOULD BE CALLED FIRE STADIUM Everything at that park says fire on it not gay dancing homo football team names or lacross

Last edited:

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Thats funny Giaco i totally agree with that but ya those dumb muther fuckin pussies already destroyed soilder field wich was built for soccer not gay paded up shit face football and i dont want toyota park being the same way, it was built for the FIRE AND THE FIRE ONLY! IT SHOULD BE CALLED FIRE STADIUM Everything at that park says fire on it not gay dancing homo football team names or lacross

:shrug:

It would bring in more revenue to have something there in the winter season, that's my thoughts.

giaco

Liked Posts:

While I appreciate your sentiment about american football not being played at Toyota park, I do not appreciate your homophobic language. Homophobia has no place in any sport.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
While I appreciate your sentiment about american football not being played at Toyota park, I do not appreciate your homophobic language. Homophobia has no place in any sport.

He didn't mean it, he was just referencing Green Bay's player Raji's dance. He'd be sorry if he saw this right now.

Chi-Fire

#1 Fire Fan
Liked Posts:
NO FUCK THOSE PUSSIES THE MLS WILL PROBALY BE PLAYED IN WINTER SOON ANY WAY SO THAN WAT ARE WE GONNA DO! NO ANY WAY I HATE THOSE FUCKING Special person LINES FUCKING UP THE FIELD! :bigfinger: :bigfinger: :bigfinger: :bigfinger: :bigfinger: :bigfinger: :bigfinger:

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
NO FUCK THOSE PUSSIES THE MLS WILL PROBALY BE PLAYED IN WINTER SOON ANY WAY SO THAN WAT ARE WE GONNA DO! NO ANY WAY I HATE THOSE FUCKING Special person LINES FUCKING UP THE FIELD! :bigfinger: :bigfinger: :bigfinger: :bigfinger: :bigfinger: :bigfinger: :bigfinger:

Winter MLS is just a rumor, may not happen.

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thats funny Giaco i totally agree with that but ya those dumb muther fuckin pussies already destroyed soilder field wich was built for soccer not gay paded up shit face football
For one, its Soldier Field. They Refused to use turf and instead go with natural grass. Two, 200-300lb freaks with talent are pussies? Yeah.. right... You keep believing in that with those short shorts as they play nothing more than a version of kick the can. My point, any sport can be ridiculed...

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
As for the thread. Bad idea. Keep Soccer and Football in separate fields. Each Team and Sport should have its own identity with a field to call home.

giaco

Liked Posts:
As for the thread. Bad idea. Keep Soccer and Football in separate fields. Each Team and Sport should have its own identity with a field to call home.

this.

I may scoff at American Football, but by and large I respect the athletes and the kinesthetic sense that it takes to make your body perform. I played proper football through college and was not good enough to do well there--so I can't even imagine the amount of athletic ability (nevermind the talent discussion) required to do ANY sport at the professional level.

While I don't know/don't care what Soldier Field was originally intended for, it is a wonderful venue for football of both kinds. Watching some of the teams that have played there (Fire/AC Milan/Real Madrid/Barca/Chivas/etc) was great and I wish it could have continued. While I'm not 100% happy with Toyota Park itself or it's location, it is home and we need to act accordingly--that includes keeping other sports out. I don't mind the concerts so much....well, maybe Buffet....hate that damn show....those fucking stinky hippies ALWAYS fuck up the field even though it's covered.....how do they manage that?

1 field for 1 team=happiness.

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
Quite true. Every physical sport exhibits unique skills. Though I wish a stadium would be exclusive for just the Fire, odds are it wouldnt thanks to the amount of money that can be made by allowing multiple events to occur. Money talks..

giaco

Liked Posts:
Yeah, at this point it is this way--most likely will be during out lives. I mean, look at it this way.....Soldier Field is owned by the Park District and the Bears still have to put up with 'soccer' being played there. Although, given many of their comments about the state of the field itself, I'm sure they don't really complain when the lawn team comes out to manicure the lawn for proper football. :)

perhaps that much is a win-win. My main point still being that if even the Bears have to share, you can expect that it will be this way for the next hundred years and we're all just wasting words! :)

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Now I don't feel so bad when people came in the Fire forum talking trash about Soccer :smh:

Reading Chi-Fire's posts makes me want to personally go draw the 10 yard lines on the field myself just to spite him. Looks like there are stupid ass soccer fans just like their are football fans I see.

If the american football playing there was truly detrimental to the stadium and The Fire, they would not do the deal or even discuss it.