1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Entering his ninth season with the club, the Chicago Fire officially named midfielder Logan Pause the team's new captain. The club issued this statement on behalf of head coach Carlos de los Cobos:

"This year we will have a new captain, Logan Pause. He's a player that has earned this position based on his performance, commitment and level of professionalism. I am convinced Logan sets an example that every player should follow."

Via FaceBook

Pedro

Liked Posts:
A veteran who has been on the team his whole career, good move.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Ya, he's really earned it.

giaco

Liked Posts:
Logan will step up for the leadership role. I just hope he completes more forward passes! :D

Chi-Fire

#1 Fire Fan
Liked Posts:
best desision theyve made so far but if the fire gets someone new like a star (BOCANEGRA)then would he stay captain? BUT Logan desirves the job thats why i bought his jersey

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
best desision theyve made so far but if the fire gets someone new like a star (BOCANEGRA)then would he stay captain? BUT Logan desirves the job thats why i bought his jersey

Giaco said they can't get any more stars this offseason IIRC.

BTW, congrats on Rookie of the Mon the giaco.

giaco

Liked Posts:
Boca would be cool, Rolfe would be great, and I can think of a ton of other players I'd love to come to the Fire, but bein realistic sometimes is a pain in the ass. :)

Cheers. Not really sure how I earned it, but hey, that's cool.

Any European player that would come to MLS had to do so before the transfer window closed at the end of January--unless they are free agents (not currently signed with any club). ANY Euro player who is with a club, at present, but was thinking of signing with an MLS side now has to wait until the July 15h summer transfer window.

It's not that they can't get any more stars--in fact, the MLS transfer window in is open until April 15th and the Fire now have 1.6-1.75 worth of cap space to play with, so they could do some damage. That is considering any 'designated player' costs only about 3 or 400,000 against the cap, for those who don't already know. Also, every team can have 2 designated players, as well as purchase a 3rd DP slot. Now, that's the basics on DP's, but the big deal about them is that while they only hit the team's salary cap for the 3-400,000 I mentioned earlier, the team can pay as much as they want for the player beyond that. So let's just say (for example) the Fire were to get Lionel Messi to agree to terms with the team and come to Chicago.....3-400,000 against the cap, and then the rest of his 10million/year contract is payed by the team/owner.

I guess the bit about DP's should be cross-posted in the 'learning the league' thread.

tonyni

Liked Posts:
Boca would be cool, Rolfe would be great, and I can think of a ton of other players I'd love to come to the Fire, but bein realistic sometimes is a pain in the ass. :)

Cheers. Not really sure how I earned it, but hey, that's cool.

Any European player that would come to MLS had to do so before the transfer window closed at the end of January--unless they are free agents (not currently signed with any club). ANY Euro player who is with a club, at present, but was thinking of signing with an MLS side now has to wait until the July 15h summer transfer window.

It's not that they can't get any more stars--in fact, the MLS transfer window in is open until April 15th and the Fire now have 1.6-1.75 worth of cap space to play with, so they could do some damage. That is considering any 'designated player' costs only about 3 or 400,000 against the cap, for those who don't already know. Also, every team can have 2 designated players, as well as purchase a 3rd DP slot. Now, that's the basics on DP's, but the big deal about them is that while they only hit the team's salary cap for the 3-400,000 I mentioned earlier, the team can pay as much as they want for the player beyond that. So let's just say (for example) the Fire were to get Lionel Messi to agree to terms with the team and come to Chicago.....3-400,000 against the cap, and then the rest of his 10million/year contract is payed by the team/owner.

I guess the bit about DP's should be cross-posted in the 'learning the league' thread.

Basically everything after the bold statement is why you got ROTM, I'd guess. You answer stuff and make a presence here. I don't really do much of that.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Basically everything after the bold statement is why you got ROTM, I'd guess. You answer stuff and make a presence here. I don't really do much of that.

His post count and length of posts and vast knowledge got him it.

You've done good too.

giaco

Liked Posts:
you guys.