Garcia Not Coming Back To The Sox

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just wish we had someone descent enough to fill in for peavy until may, and than go back in for long relief, and if peavy gets hurt again you can use him. oh well, looks like sale will probably be in the rotation...i hope not though

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Yanks signed him.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Damn it.

I'd take a flyer on Bonderman.

Mister B Gone

Liked Posts:
Garcia officially has delusions of grandeur. look dude, go to the Yanks then you won't even be missed. have fun getting chewed up and spit out of the machine that is the NY Yankees. looking back you will realize much of your success is due to how well you've been treated by the White Sox.

Last edited:

Chi Sox Nut

Liked Posts:
Strange deal...going to the minors to compete for the 5th spot? As a skankee? The Sox wanted him back, assuring him a starting spot. Whatever. It wasn't a surprise, since I've been reading the rumors for weeks, but what will we do if Peavy isn't ready until May, or any one of our starters gets injured? I've always liked Freddy, but his soreness last year that caused his inconsistency on the mound made me nervous.

I really like Sale as closer, but Thornton would be great too, so perhaps Chris would be better as a starter. I'm a bit worried about pitching now, but hopefully things get worked out in Spring Training. How does Harrell look? I haven't checked his stats too closely... Do we have another prospect?

attachment.php

Last edited:

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
They won't put Sale in as the 5th starter? I believe he has enough pitches to be very effective in that role....

Chi Sox Nut

Liked Posts:
They won't put Sale in as the 5th starter? I believe he has enough pitches to be very effective in that role....

Definitely, but there has been a lot of debate regarding Sale because Coop doesn't want to have him be a starter for the first month of the season, before Peavy comes back, and then switch over to be a reliever or closer. He believes it may adversely affect his performance, as he is a young, developing pitcher. I think Chris would be an awesome starter, and he himself said he'll do whatever is required of him for the Sox; he just wants to pitch, but I trust the wise and experienced words of Don Cooper. Again, we'll just have to see how things shake out between now and the end of March.