Alexei Ramirez Extended

ChiSportsRich

Liked Posts:
What? Did you even read me post? How else would you like to evaluate the trade?

I guess we could use he Dewey/CO rating scale. If my GM did it it's great! If the other teams did it sucks!

It's a fair deal for both sides it's certainly nit a steal by any means for the white sox.

Totally agree on all points, fair deal for sure.

ChiSportsRich

Liked Posts:
I would. 300 hitter and still around a 670 OPS that's not good. Pierre's only asset are his legs.

The only thing i disagree with, and this might be splitting hairs but, his worth is his legs. although i agree on all other points you have made. Pierres Batting numbers be it avg, OPS, OBP are "empty". So, depending on how you value speed would determine his worth. but, again, i totally get what you are saying, but, "worthless" is a bit strong.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Ya, good deal for both sides.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would. 300 hitter and still around a 670 OPS that's not good. Pierre's only asset are his legs.[/QUOTE]

there is nothing wrong with that, just wish he could lower his CS% and raise his OBP a bit.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only thing i disagree with, and this might be splitting hairs but, his worth is his legs. although i agree on all other points you have made. Pierres Batting numbers be it avg, OPS, OBP are "empty". So, depending on how you value speed would determine his worth. but, again, i totally get what you are saying, but, "worthless" is a bit strong.

Worthless is a bit strong you are right. He is just simply below average. Though as a corner OF you could say he is pretty worthless. CF his bat would hold up though.

As far as his legs last year he was 10 runs above average which was second best in the majors. While that was probably a one year anomaly he is still above average overall with his legs.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Worthless is a bit strong you are right. He is just simply below average. Though as a corner OF you could say he is pretty worthless. CF his bat would hold up though.

As far as his legs last year he was 10 runs above average which was second best in the majors. While that was probably a one year anomaly he is still above average overall with his legs.

Not unless the bat is supplemented by another position that doesnt have the so called "bat holding up" shit.

ChiSportsRich

Liked Posts:

For sure, as a corner outfielder you would expect more from him. the issue with using your legs to provide "value" as an offensive player is the fact that the speed can go away in an instant then worthless is the perfect word

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What I don't get is why did he get more PAs hitting 2nd than anywhere else in the line up? He should not be hitting anywhere in the top 5.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For sure, as a corner outfielder you would expect more from him. the issue with using your legs to provide "value" as an offensive player is the fact that the speed can go away in an instant then worthless is the perfect word

Yeah I agree. A knee injury or an ankle tweak can kill you. Also with BR numbers his eqBRR seems to vary quite often.